• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

art&soul

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, exactly! I envisioned his climbing motion like that of a leopard with a big bat sitting on his shoulders. They roost in the highest places in the area during the night and glide down to the ground where they spend the day once the sun is called in the morning.

Oh, yes, I'm in school for this stuff period, lol. And CGSociety is wonderful. I have an account but still haven't posted. I joined originally to follow my muse (a wonderful CG artist who graduated from my school last December) while he was working on a piece for that Dominance War V thing. I want to try and enter the next one if I'm not too swamped, but right now I have a bit more work to do before I feel ready to show my face there. I mostly lurk and ogle the pretty stuff the professionals make lol.

Autodesk has Maya and stuff up for download and you can have it free for 3 years if you're a student. I've got Maya, Max, and Mudbox (though I haven't gotten a chance to play with the latter two). Vue I couldn't afford so I have a cracked one for now but I did finally get money for ZBrush so I can't wait to master it. My muse is all about some ZBrush, lol. He's totally a sculptor and isn't fond of Maya at all. Also I do indeed have an epic desktop computer that I got this past January specifically so I can work at home. The school computers are a joke anyway. You almost need your own to get anything done on time.

Yeah, I update my sketch blog with everything I'm working on (my blogs are the source of the image hotlinks I use here) plus I always write more details there about my projects along with the images rather than just 'here's a pretty picture I made' lol. I've got a massive text wall about the dawnbringer species in one of the posts. I've changed some things since, but yeah. I like being insanely thorough.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean *_* I love lurking the pros.. my favourite artist is actually not a CG artist, though.. but there are so many that I looovee.

And ah! I didn't know that! :C I had a mac for the longest time (I still have it, it still works great) but is unfortunately not powerful enough for Maya.. so I use the school computers. I wish I did so I could've just downloaded the code to use later.. but oh well.. I have my cracks for now. Our school computers were actually great. We even had a render farm.. and they were loaded with like 12 gigs of RAM and yeah.. @_@ They were actually great.

I'm terrible for updating online though. I love sketching on paper too much and I never really go out of my way to scan my stuff enough haha. Actually recently I've been working on polymer clay charms just for fun. My real passion is 2d and 3d animation though :3 But yeah.. I need to update my blog a lot more. Wanna shoot over yours? Is it a blogspot? I'd love to follow you :33 I find that the descriptions are what bring it to the next level.. cause you get into the artist's process and I find reading/ looking at that more enjoyable than the finished product sometimes.

*_* But yeah.. I guess your passion is drawing and digital sculpting yes? :3 You love to see your creations come to life with form then yes? For me it's drawing and animation.. I love to see my creations come to life with action and movement. Haha :3

Either way, good luck in school! I'm sure you'll do well because you have that drive to better yourself.. and you are always looking to other sources for inspiration :3 I think that's fantastic!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Here's another low-poly model I just finished today - the white phoenix. Feathers will come later after I detail her and decide on a feather plugin to use.

Last edited:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Drew this in the wee hours of the morning. Someone dear to me is a work-horse and hardly gets any sleep so I wanted to wish some upon him soon with this ♥

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Drew this in class today whilst thinking of a piece I want to do for someone ♥

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Last night I felt like drawing a tiny newborn dawnbringer. Baby animals are so cute and tubby ♥

nosepass

Awesome Person
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2011
wow! your are so amazing! your artwork it unreal! i wanna see more from you! :D

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Been working out concepts for an extra-special digital sculpture I'm working on as a gift for someone dear to me. I want to have it done before next Friday so I can give it to him when the cosmos are most in my favor (11:11 on 11/11/11). How better to say something to a sculptor than with sculpture? ♥

Also, thank you, nosepass! Comments are always appreciated :3

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

So I changed my gift idea to something else entirely, and spent the last week making this. I used mostly ZBrush as well as Maya and Photoshop. ♥

Last edited:

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Great work. Just that.:) I LOVE the 1st, 2nd, and 7th pictures! Keep it up, Kinarri!:D

(This is on the 30th day of revival! Close one.)

Back