• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Zervais

Island Kahuna
Years
  • First of all, what a fantastic base. Definitely using this for my hack (don't worry, will credit). I had a few questions regarding evolution methods though...

I'm a newbie when it comes to hacking (although I used to many many years ago) and am using D&D to edit Pokémon, specifically their evolution methods. I want to make all Pokémon available and so decided to change a few evolution methods. Ones which trade, I do by level, but ones which require an item during trade, I want to simply make them use the item like an evolution stone. I practiced using Porygon, trying to make the Up-Grade act as a leaf stone would for Gloom but it says it has no effect. I am unsure what I'm doing wrong. I edited the information of the item in Complete Item Editor and changed the evolution method on D&D but still no use. What am I doing wrong?

Item.png

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • I've tried patching the file to three different fire red roms using NUPS and tusukyomi but it keeps saying that the file is invalid (or checksum is invalid).

I know I did it before but I decided to start with a clean rom in order to sort out my titlescreen, so why doesn't it work this time?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I used the v1.3 patch and it worked, but now it doesn't work on D&D or PGE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    Hey Zervais to run this game on d&d Editor you need a different Config.XML file. U have the new config file with the old one. Take a back up before.
    The config file for d&d and ini file for advanced map r available for download a few pages back in this thread u have to search for it a little.
    It's with the v1 version download NOT v1.1.
    Hope this helps :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    hello, in future updates could you put that mega pokemon evolve in battle? from now thanks

PS: sorry for my English

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
  • What should i have to do to mega evolve?
    congrats for the patch it's wonderful!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    Hi has someone figure how to add the moves foul play, psyshock, secret sword?? I think it needs to be edited with hex editor?? Like we can add new move categories like physical+ and special+. I'm not a hacker myself so I can't really do it on my own, Hope someone else can figure it out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2016
    Sorry for this question,
    How can I put this rom into the hack tools?
    because there is error while I put them in.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I need inis files for G3T or G3RHS and D&D editor
    What I can do?

Somebody help me please...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    Hi Lobo0707 inis are located a few pages back.You'll have to search for it a bit. It's with the v1.0 download. I wish someone updates the first post and puts it there.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Are trading evolutions available by trade stones or lvl?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    Hi guys, I have been trying to update the mons to mega evolve.

Apparently non of the programs i used were applicable. The latest and alst hope was with D&D and this was the error message procurred.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '255' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at WindowsFormsApplication1.Friend.load(Int32 have)
    at WindowsFormsApplication1.Friend.Names_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at WindowsFormsApplication1.Friend.CurrentPoke_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at WindowsFormsApplication1.Friend.loadROMToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    WindowsFormsApplication1
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/122622/Downloads/D%26D%20Editor%20(Alpha%205.0)/D%26D%20Editor%20(Alpha%205.0)/D%26D%20Editor%20(Alpha%205.0)/D%26D.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Does anyone know how can i fix this? I have no idea how to route mega evolutions or the other evolutions regarding stones (etc. dawn stone) without the program :(

Years
  • I don´t know if it is just my problem, but whenever i install anyone of this rombase´s versions (1.0, 1.1, mkarthick98´s 1.3, etc) and the mega evolutions routine together, the ROM crashes on a black screen and tools like PGE or D&D show errors that don´t appear if ONE of the two patches (artificial red or the mega evos routine) is installed.
    Is this only a problem of mine? Maybe I´m doing something wrong.
    Besides that, this is a very good rombase, this is the only major error i had working with it.
    Thanks for the help and for this amazing rombase!

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I don´t know if it is just my problem, but whenever i install anyone of this rombase´s versions (1.0, 1.1, mkarthick98´s 1.3, etc) and the mega evolutions routine together, the ROM crashes on a black screen and tools like PGE or D&D show errors that don´t appear if ONE of the two patches (artificial red or the mega evos routine) is installed.
    Is this only a problem of mine? Maybe I´m doing something wrong.
    Besides that, this is a very good rombase, this is the only major error i had working with it.
    Thanks for the help and for this amazing rombase!

It also happens with me. I tried loading a savestate of the rom before it was patched, and it works, though all the pokemons names get buggy and, eventually, the game crashes.

Years
  • It also happens with me. I tried loading a savestate of the rom before it was patched, and it works, though all the pokemons names get buggy and, eventually, the game crashes.

Good to know that i´m not the only one with this problem.
    I was looking both rom´s (one with artificial red 1.1 and one with the mega evo´s routine) and both of them have bytes on 0x800000 (it could be some scripts i have made although). Maybe the problem has something to do with that? Maybe the two patches are written in 0x800000 and it causes problem (if i´m saying something stupid or incorrect, forgive me, I don´t have so much experience with HxD or hex editing. I´m just speculating.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    Good to know that i´m not the only one with this problem.
    I was looking both rom´s (one with artificial red 1.1 and one with the mega evo´s routine) and both of them have bytes on 0x800000 (it could be some scripts i have made although). Maybe the problem has something to do with that? Maybe the two patches are written in 0x800000 and it causes problem (if i´m saying something stupid or incorrect, forgive me, I don´t have so much experience with HxD or hex editing. I´m just speculating.

Hi Casancrem is touched's mega evo routine working on link battles?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 29, 2017
    you could make a ini of 3GT tool would greatly help poque sometimes is hard edit

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • This would be totally off-topic but I need your help on editing the habitat.
    Yiu are only person I saw who have edited habitat for all pokemon!
    I got the list you linked but i want help on expanding pages on specific habitat!
    I did it with pokemon game editor but still it shows some error, so can you tell me how you did it.
    Expecting help :)

Edit:solved it

Last edited:
    Back