• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
  • epsilon are u actually gonna insert cries using pokecry? why is there not enough free space for the cries?

Haha don't worry, found a way to make to cries occupy 7 times less space, which is enough for all 721 cries according to my math.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    We u still going to use you're cries now or different cry sizes

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Nice! By the way, do you have plans to convert unused/outdated Pokémon sprites (original FR sprites minus Unown and/or Castform, DS-style sprites from Gen. 4) into free spaces?

I haven't, but I could. Do you think it would give a lot of free space?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    this is great so basiclly what youre saying is that the quality of the cries is almost if not the exact same as the xy quality cries with the advantage of saving 7 times more space

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • [Update 14/01/16]

Major update! All the cries for the new generations are in! They're compressed like in this tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=361708. So, I have got more than enough free space left to insert cries for 1-386, which is what I'll be doing next. Inserted them all in one day. How you ask? Found a good workflow ;) Enjoy this video, which now shows the button presses and is in sync :)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    dude this is awesome looks like the cries are finally gonna be done seriously dude amazing work cant wait for the release

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    just one question have u implemented the HGSS music patch in your rombase? just wondering because if u didnt then i will add it myself after the rombase is complete and also after cries what are u going to work on next since youre basically done with cries

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I haven't, but I could. Do you think it would give a lot of free space?

I think so... For sure it will give a significant amount of free spaces (especially at the first 16 MB)... Same thing if you will also convert the unused palettes, unused cries (because you'll replace them with modern ones)...

By the way, will you be adding the Dynamic OW Palettes feature by Navenatox? I think it would be necessary for those who will add OWs...

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Thank you so much for all the hard work you are putting in on this patch. I'm looking forward to the implementation of the new moves myself.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    i wonder what is left of this patch to do before it is finally released? it seems thats its just the dex data and the 1-386 xy cries?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • i wonder what is left of this patch to do before it is finally released? it seems thats its just the dex data and the 1-386 xy cries?

Maybe the footprints and the evolutions... Then there's the egg moves, tutors and HM/TM learnabilities... Hopefully the form/es too...

[Update 14/01/16]

Major update! All the cries for the new generations are in! They're compressed like in this tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=361708. So, I have got more than enough free space left to insert cries for 1-386, which is what I'll be doing next. Inserted them all in one day. How you ask? Found a good workflow
    11.%20wink.gif
    Enjoy this video, which now shows the button presses and is in sync
    1.%20smile.gif

Aegislash's "base" form is the Shield Form...

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Maybe the footprints and the evolutions... Then there's the egg moves, tutors and HM/TM learnabilities... Hopefully the form/es too...

oh yeah i forgot about those...

Aegislash's "base" form is the Shield Form...

its icon sprite is sheild form and so is the actually beginning sprite if im not wrong

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    this base is amazing you are doing a great work in a short amount of time congratulations

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • its icon sprite is sheild form and so is the actually beginning sprite if im not wrong

In the video, the icon sprite is correct which is in Shield Form, but the battle sprite is in Blade Form...

Wel Feraligator -> Feraligatr, so it's more 'canon' this way.

Good point... However, Fletchinder is not Fletchindor... :)

Back