• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • after these cries are done youre way more then halfway there with the rombase it seems according to the bars this is awesome after the cries the only long part would be the pokedex data

Pokédex data won't be that long to input as compared to the cries I think...

Just pointing out a glitch that was in MrDollSteak's Rombase:
    The Day-Care is glitched and after you put a Pokémon there, you can't take it back.
    It was related to the egg move table. Some **** he expanded was overwriting that.
    You have to open a vanilla ROM and copy the table from there and paste it back into place, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe there's already a fix for that bug...

These are the remaining bugs from MrDS resource so far:

• Magic Bounce can cause errors when used by opposing Pokemon in Trainer battles
    • Infiltrator and Magic Guard are not 100% complete
    • A few moves do not have their correct effects
    • Sticky Web occasionally does some odd things
    • The Life Orb and Rocky Helmet are not fully implemented yet
    • Flash Cannon's animation may cause the game to freeze on hardware and GBA4IOS (not an issue with VBA)
    • Lunar Dance and Healing Wish currently don't do anything due to a revamp of the hazards system
    • Solid Rock and Filter may weaken normal effectiveness moves
    So are you gonna make it possible to use MEH with this? Cause it looks better than A-map and A-map is ticking me off not allowing me to have gen IV-VI pokemon show up in the wild. I used hex editor and made 9C 01 08 70 and then A-map wouldn't respond if I tried to open a rom.

What are you trying to open? If you're using the 870 patch then you should insert 9C 01 66 03 but I'm not sure if 870 includes all other slots like the 25 ?s and the first ?????????? but if they are included then that should be the hex value... However, this patch doesn't use and is different from the 870 patch...

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    damn, this is absolutely amazing, ill hold off my rom hack until this released.
    GREAT WORK!
    How far have you got?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    When I use advance map I can battle gen 5 and 6 pokemon don't know the problem

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Pokédex data won't be that long to input as compared to the cries I think...

• Magic Bounce can cause errors when used by opposing Pokemon in Trainer battles
    • Flash Cannon's animation may cause the game to freeze on hardware and GBA4IOS (not an issue with VBA)
    • Lunar Dance and Healing Wish currently don't do anything due to a revamp of the hazards system

What are you trying to open? If you're using the 870 patch then you should insert 9C 01 66 03 but I'm not sure if 870 includes all other slots like the 25 ?s and the first ?????????? but if they are included then that should be the hex value... However, this patch doesn't use and is different from the 870 patch...

Well inserting cries is a lot quicker than inserting animated sprites, I can tell you that much :) For progress, the progress bars in the OP are up-to-date. I will provide a copy of AM 1.92 that can edit expanded wild Pokémon. Only problem, it can only edit the first 16mb of the ROM, so if it's outside that, you'll have to hex edit. Btw, it's going to take a while still, because I have decided to provide X and Y cries for all 721 Pokémon, that is, if I have enough free space left after inserting the ones for Gen IV-VI. Thanks for all the support guys!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Well inserting cries is a lot quicker than inserting animated sprites, I can tell you that much :) For progress, the progress bars in the OP are up-to-date. I will provide a copy of AM 1.92 that can edit expanded wild Pokémon. Only problem, it can only edit the first 16mb of the ROM, so if it's outside that, you'll have to hex edit. Btw, it's going to take a while still, because I have decided to provide X and Y cries for all 721 Pokémon, that is, if I have enough free space left after inserting the ones for Gen IV-VI. Thanks for all the support guys!

Great work!!!
    I want to ask, will the day care system work correctly? And will we be able to make an egg of every Pokemon?

Also, if you are going to add Mega-Evolutions, please include Zygarde other forms. It's kinda like Mega-Evolution/true-form. And Zygarde is a very special Pokemon and in the anime, in Pokemon XYZ it mainly focuses on Zygarde. So including Zygarde other forms would be amazing.
    Also it would be great to include the true form of Hoopa.

Please consider my opinion while you are making this patch :) .

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Great work!!!
    I want to ask, will the day care system work correctly? And will we be able to make an egg of every Pokemon?

Also, if you are going to add Mega-Evolutions, please include Zygarde other forms. It's kinda like Mega-Evolution/true-form. And Zygarde is a very special Pokemon and in the anime, in Pokemon XYZ it mainly focuses on Zygarde. So including Zygarde other forms would be amazing.
    Also it would be great to include the true form of Hoopa.

Please consider my opinion while you are making this patch :) .

Haven't gotten around to testing the daycare yet. And, I have expanded the rom 32, but the X Y cries I like take up a lot of space.

Kimonas

%string not found
    Years
  • The progress of this patch is really amazing, great job Epsilon :)! Also, now that you've expanded the ROM, does that mean that all of the free space in the Original ROM has been occupied?

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    How many people are helping you with this, this seems like an enourmous task, I can help if you need any :)

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • The progress of this patch is really amazing, great job Epsilon :)! Also, now that you've expanded the ROM, does that mean that all of the free space in the Original ROM has been occupied?

I haven't got an overview, but not all of it is. There's a big patch from 720000 to 800000 and at the beginning and end of the space. I also left a lot free in the 2nd 16mb, that is, the space to make it compatible with the HGSS music patch! And I do have some people helping me technically, but I am doing all the inserting myself. I think that's the only way with a project like this.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    cant wait to see this complete is the cries all done yet?

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I'm interested in the technique your using for adding moves and abilities because some abilities and move seem very difficult to do even with hex editing

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    the hype the hype!!!!! :) cant wait haha this is an amazing rombase cant wait to use it

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I'm also not sure for the life of me how you added new move animations, Thats FANTASTIC!

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Pokédex data won't be that long to input as compared to the cries I think...

I entered in the wrong value cause it included the 25 ?s but it is fixed now.

Years
  • Haven't gotten around to testing the daycare yet. And, I have expanded the rom 32, but the X Y cries I like take up a lot of space.

Check this if you didn't fix Daycare yet. It's solved in a second.

Now thanks to Familia Werneck providing me with a save file I have FINALLY fixed the Day-care bug.
    It seems to be corruption caused by G3HS regarding the Egg Move Table. So I would recommend people to not use this feature of the tool.

Navigate to 25F7F2 in your rom and paste in this section of bytes:

Code:
    00 00 00 0C 01 11 05 0F 08 00 20 5A 41 08 00 00 00 00 
    20 5A 41 08 01 00 00 00 C8 61 41 08 05 00 00 00
    FC F7 25 08 ED 7A 10 08 B5 69 04 08 03 00 03 00 
    00 02 08 00 20 31 01 03 3C E3 41 08 61 E3 41 08 
    7C E3 41 08 A8 E3 41 08 FE FF 60 6F 8B FF F4 4B 
    28 25 72 4E DE 6B 9D 53 19 43 2F 27 4D 2A 1C 00 
    1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 90 73 00 00

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Setback: just found out I won't have enough free space to insert all the X Y cries. So, I'm going to look at getting them in compressed, will have to do gen IV again unfortunately.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Oh man do cries serisouly take up so much space and well good luck epsilon to get those cries in order

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    epsilon are u actually gonna insert cries using pokecry? why is there not enough free space for the cries?

Back