• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    wow this is amazing i cant wait to see the finshing result and also FBI i think u left out Deoyxs

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • This actually does have same obvious limitations. Basically, if the form change requires a stats switch based on a table browsed by species, it'd require much more work. For example things which cause the Pokemon to change it's learnable moves I can't do with this kind of hack, as moves learned depends on the base stat table (which is indexed by species). A good example is Giratina Origin form. His base stats change and it's almost a completely different Pokemon. There are just too many X-refs to the base stat table to make it worth not using a species slot. Also Wormadam.

I can do something like Burmy (but not Wormadam) or Shellos who's change is more permanent. I can also do Arceus and all of it's forms.

EDIT:
    I lied. I'm so good at hacking that this doesn't even apply to me. Anyways, I can do base stat changes, the only thing I can't do is if it learns different moves.
    artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

First of all, I'd like to point out that this hack won't cover changes which happen mid-battle. For example Cherrim's change when it's sunny. For something like that, you'd have to hack the battle engine.

Weather - Can do (again, not if it happens mid battle)
    Burmy - Can do (I can't do Wormadam though)
    Catch location - Can do (if it doesn't learn different moves)
    Item holding - Can do
    Shaymin - I can't do this part, "change back into its Land Forme while frozen", the rest is OK
    Kyurem - This is a different kind of hack, which would require more backbone infrastructure to be in-place. Though it can be done.
    Knows a move - As long as it doesn't need to transform DURING the battle.
    If it uses a certain move in battle - Can't do, atleast without more hacks working in conjunction. Similar to Kyurem.
    Different Forms inside and outside - Can do

So basically, Kyurem, Shaymin (to a degree), Wormadam, Rotom forms, and "uses a move in battle" I can't do using this hack. The rest seem OK to me. I think the forms for the Pokemon I've mentioned are more like evolution paths than actual forms. For example, Burmy would be like eevee and the evolution are similar to Wormadam (types, base stats, learn moves ect.).

--
    So there are limitations here for some of them, simply because they transform during the middle of the battle (like castform) or they don't learn the same moves as the base form (like Wormadam).

That said, the reality of the matter is that there are WAYYY too many hooks changes needed to be written, as almost every Pokemon with a form is an edge case. So it becomes difficult to insert. It may be easier for me to either
    A) Do this after you finish
    B) Do them now, if you've got the base Pokemon inserted (so if you had Giratina inserted already, I can do Origin form).

I'd need the graphics with both frames for the alternate form. Whichever you'd prefer.

Man you really is a great savior of form/es, especially with this base! But just a quick recap and question... So with your routine, you can implement forms of the following (because they don't change moveset, and not an in-battle change) within a single slot:

• Spinda
    • Castform
    • Shellos and Gastrodon
    • Giratina
    • Arceus
    • Unfezant, Frillish, Jellicent and Pyroar
    • Basculin
    • Deerling and Sawsbuck
    • Keldeo
    • Genesect
    • Furfrou
    • Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist
    Am I right?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Man you really is a great savior of form/es, especially with this base! But just a quick recap and question... So with your routine, you can implement forms of the following (because they don't change moveset, and not an in-battle change) within a single slot:

• Spinda
    • Castform
    • Shellos and Gastrodon
    • Giratina
    • Arceus
    • Unfezant, Frillish, Jellicent and Pyroar
    • Basculin
    • Deerling and Sawsbuck
    • Keldeo
    • Genesect
    • Furfrou
    • Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist
    Am I right?
    Yeah, the ones you've named aren't a problem, save Sawsbuck because FireRed doesn't have seasons.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • But is that possible if the DNS will be installed? And aside from the ones that I've mentioned, what else did I missed out? Unown? Flabebe, Floette and Florges?
    With primedialga's DNS system installed, it should be just a simple check of the seasons and then a jump to a different sprite display, yes?
    This is really amazing FBI, I'm surprised that no one has done it before, to be honest (save Jambo in his 649 patch a while ago but eh)
    Will you make it publicly available or just for this patch?
    Or does it matter because, if you were to just make it for this patch, it would be reverse-engineered anyways?

EDIT: All forms: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_form_differences

All major gender differences:
    Unfezant, Frillish, Jellicent, Pyroar, Meowstic

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • With primedialga's DNS system installed, it should be just a simple check of the seasons and then a jump to a different sprite display, yes?
    This is really amazing FBI, I'm surprised that no one has done it before, to be honest (save Jambo in his 649 patch a while ago but eh)
    Will you make it publicly available or just for this patch?
    Or does it matter because, if you were to just make it for this patch, it would be reverse-engineered anyways?

EDIT: All forms: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_form_differences

All major gender differences:
    Unfezant, Frillish, Jellicent, Pyroar, Meowstic

Thanks but I'm aware of the forms, it's just that I might missed out other species with forms that can be manipulated using FBI's routines...

Now the next gen is in the release(Dezember), and with this information , we can speculate this :
    Sun/Moon
    +/- 150 new pokes
    +/- 30 New Forms(mega too)
    +/- 30 New Habilities
    +/- 50 New Movies
    +/- 25 New TM
    +/- 25 New Itens
    Maybe a New Type*

150 new species seems to be too much but I'm with you with the rest (TM maybe)... And not all items will be added for sure (but possible for those which are necessary for ME/form change and a Fairy move booster)...

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Thanks but I'm aware of the forms, it's just that I might missed out other species with forms that can be manipulated using FBI's routines...

150 new species seems to be too much but I'm with you with the rest (TM maybe)... And not all items will be added for sure (but possible for those which are necessary for ME/form change and a Fairy move booster)...

Yeah most could be done using the routine that FBI is making and also for sawsbuck and deerling you can just use DNS and then change it based on what season it is with the code so that way FBI's code would work

I would love to see items such as
    Toxic orb
    Flame orb
    Life orb
    evilite (this is added in MRDS 1.5a patch)
    Assault vest (this is added in MRDS 1.5a patch)
    All the form/forme items
    All arecus plates
    Deoxys meteorite for forme change
    Fairy item booster
    And the berry for the fairy type

I don't want to bark at epsilon here and I know not all of them will be added this is just a list of what I would like to see and what I think will be there

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Thanks but I'm aware of the forms, it's just that I might missed out other species with forms that can be manipulated using FBI's routines...
    Spoiler:
    Oh, don't worry, I wasn't attempting to say so!

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Ugh...Sawsbuck. I honestly don't like DNS, since it gives a game license to infringe upon the player's real world schedule. Granted I'm biased since I have a seasonal night job that screws up everything. >_>

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Yeah most could be done using the routine that FBI is making and also for sawsbuck and deerling you can just use DNS and then change it based on what season it is with the code so that way FBI's code would work

I would love to see items such as
    Toxic orb
    Flame orb
    Life orb
    evilite (this is added in MRDS 1.5a patch)
    Assault vest (this is added in MRDS 1.5a patch)
    All the form/forme items
    All arecus plates
    Deoxys meteorite for forme change
    Fairy item booster
    And the berry for the fairy type

I don't want to bark at epsilon here and I know not all of them will be added this is just a list of what I would like to see and what I think will be there

It's possible that the form/es/ME items might be added since there will be additional items to be included but it's a least priority I believe? Anyway, you're right that it will still depends on Epsilon...

Ugh...Sawsbuck. I honestly don't like DNS, since it gives a game license to infringe upon the player's real world schedule. Granted I'm biased since I have a seasonal night job that screws up everything. >_>

Deerling and Sawsbuck forms aren't going to be included I think since they need DNS...

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    It's possible that the form/es/ME items might be added since there will be additional items to be included but it's a least priority I believe? Anyway, you're right that it will still depends on Epsilon...

Deerling and Sawsbuck forms aren't going to be included I think since they need DNS...

i mean the mega stones and the mega bracelet are definitely going to be added because u cant access mega evolution without them

Years
  • Can't Wormadam be done by "Location Evolution"?
    Since it will evolve once the battle ends, you can pick the map or the type of background loaded last and use that as an argument, if the evolution hasn't been done before.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    that all depends on epsilon and also honestly i think the way it is now is more then good enough but thats just my opinion

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    I wonder if this project will be done(gen 4-6) in 4 months. It is a possibility, right?

Honestly, If he can keep up a good working speed a scehdule, It'll probably be done next month.
    He's already inserted the sprites and all the pokemon. All that's really left Is the forms, formes, Fixing evo's, inserting some more items. and just some stuff that seem like he can do in no time.

But don't rush him, He's doing a great job so far.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Honestly, If he can keep up a good working speed a scehdule, It'll probably be done next month.
    He's already inserted the sprites and all the pokemon. All that's really left Is the forms, formes, Fixing evo's, inserting some more items. and just some stuff that seem like he can do in no time.

But don't rush him, He's doing a great job so far.

The evolution problem is not there anymore so that's out of the way and also its just the form/forms and inserting items

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Ageislash can't be done until the ability stance change is made for fire red right now its only for emerald

Back