• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Awesome, Epsilon! Keep it up! Everything's gonna be good! :V

Boy, I can't wait to try this out with the Universal Randomizer.

Hate to break it to you, but this won't be compatible with any randomiser for at least a little bit. Not sure what work needs to go in for it to be compatible though - might be easy peasy

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Hate to break it to you, but this won't be compatible with any randomiser for at least a little bit. Not sure what work needs to go in for it to be compatible though - might be easy peasy

With an open source randomizer, it shouldn't be that hard. Mostly address changes and changing the number of entries. It's not like the randomizer actually needs to read the astounding depth of data that goes into each pokemon. It just pulls a number from [range] and places it at [address].

Even someone with rudimentary .ini modding experience might be able to mod a randomizer with readily accessible source data, depending on the structuring.

MandL27

Proud Procrastinator
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    Definitely looking forward to being able to use this for hacks. Still, take your time. Rushed stuff is never fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    With an open source randomizer, it shouldn't be that hard. Mostly address changes and changing the number of entries. It's not like the randomizer actually needs to read the astounding depth of data that goes into each pokemon. It just pulls a number from [range] and places it at [address].

Even someone with rudimentary .ini modding experience might be able to mod a randomizer with readily accessible source data, depending on the structuring.

Really? That's awesome news. Is the Universal Randomiser open source? (I swear I remember it working with a dodgy 649 patch a while back)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2017
    Are you going to release ini's that will support tools, to be able to edit this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Oh my goodness Epsilon I am so pumped for this project!
    This is something I have been passionate about for a long time, like Chaos Rush long.
    If I can help in any way at all, please let me know! I have been struggling to do something similar for over a year but the bottom line is that you are just more experienced and dedicated than I am, and it brings me so much joy to see hreat work being done!
    Now these aren't requests, but I am just curious if you are planning to add new Pokeballs or any features from newer Pokemon games like the B/W exp system for instance, or the B/W repel system, or anything else engine-wise besides Fairy type?
    I have been working on a back for a long time, and I have a good amount of custom maps and new HMs to expand exploration, and for a long time I thought that my work would just go to waste because I ran into so many issues with fries and dex entries and such, but anyway yes I am very very excited for this and I will be keeping a close eye on this project!
    Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Are you going to release ini's that will support tools, to be able to edit this?
    I'd like to second this, strongly. Would make the job of adding fakemons and other stuff from next to impossible to almost doable for someone as hack unsavvy as me.

MandL27

Proud Procrastinator
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    I'd like to second this, strongly. Would make the job of adding fakemons and other stuff from next to impossible to almost doable for someone as hack unsavvy as me.

On the topic of adding other things not covered by this patch, is the list in the OP still the most up-to-date list of what's being included?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    On the topic of adding other things not covered by this patch, is the list in the OP still the most up-to-date list of what's being included?

From what I can tell, Epsilon says that the list may not be up-to-date. I'd check the update posts for better results.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • On the topic of adding other things not covered by this patch, is the list in the OP still the most up-to-date list of what's being included?

From what I can tell, Epsilon says that the list may not be up-to-date. I'd check the update posts for better results.

Yes, the OP is not 100% accurately up to date...

Originally, the planned first release of the patch will immediately contain JPAN's Engine because of the probability of the Engine not being compatible with the patch, and only has 923 Pokémon slots available; but due to the previous bug about evolution, Epsilon "reset" the making of the patch using a vanilla ROM but is now compatible to be patched with JPAN's Engine, and has 1020 Pokémon slots... Aside from those changes, there is now a tentative list of form/es to be included which includes every ME and PR available and, if not all, almost all significant form/es are included without using too much slots, thanks to FBI's method...

As far as I remember, those are the things that are not yet mentioned in the OP...

MandL27

Proud Procrastinator
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    Yes, the OP is not 100% accurately up to date...

Originally, the planned first release of the patch will immediately contain JPAN's Engine because of the probability of the Engine not being compatible with the patch, and only has 923 Pokémon slots available; but due to the previous bug about evolution, Epsilon "reset" the making of the patch using a vanilla ROM but is now compatible to be patched with JPAN's Engine, and has 1020 Pokémon slots... Aside from those changes, there is now a tentative list of form/es to be included which includes every ME and PR available and, if not all, almost all significant form/es are included without using too much slots, thanks to FBI's method...

As far as I remember, those are the things that are not yet mentioned in the OP...

Alright, so what about items and moves from future gens?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Alright, so what about items and moves from future gens?

All I know about those things is that the items are not yet being worked on as of now... Moves that are not in MrDS' latest patch but are available in the Move Resource thread will going to be added I think...

P.S.: I'm not trying to influence Epsilon's decisions here but just answering some questions which answers are previously mentioned...

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Man, I can't wait. Once this is out there will be a new era of GBA hacking. Hopefully we can get a version with existing scripts, but even if we can't that leaves a huge sandbox open with a ton of great tools. Just curious, does anyone know how to make the Overworld Sunny Day weather actually work?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • The new post by Gamer2020 confirmed that his solution for more than 1020 slots is safe but is still limited up to 999 Pokédex slots... But I think that will help for being a future generation-proof without sacrificing form/es (when combined with the present FBI's method of slot saving)...

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
    Years
  • is there going to be mega evolutions or updating some of ow sprites to hg ss ones?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    This is easily the most advanced base in production currently. I am extremely excited about it! This is a very, VERY exciting time for ROM hacking!

Specifically, the cries and animations blow me away! And having the gen 6 cries is something I will need to get used to, but it really breaks down the barriers between generations and just makes everything so much more consistent. I absolutely commend and applaud all of Epsilon's hard work!

Once this base is released, hacking is going to change FOREVER.

Oh hey real quick let me ask a question - and I apologize if this has already been answered, I hadn't found it.

New evolution methods: how do they work?
    I am sure Electabuzz and Magmar are self-explanatory, but what about Pokemon like Nosepass and Magneton? Shelmet and Karrablast? Mantyke?
    Wouln't be hard to have Manaphy breed into Phione either. What about Sneasel and Gligar?

If these are not possible and need to be dumbed down, that's no issue, I'm just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Decided I'll be waiting for this rather than playing with the bases out at the moment. In that time I can work on my scripts and maps etc.

Back