• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artwork of yoshikkko

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hey guys, so yeah I have been wanting to make an art thread for some time now, so I thought I'd just go ahead and do it.

I have always liked drawing and always wanted to imrpove, I used to only draw traditionally but then I found my way with digital too, so at the moment I'm striving to become better with that. I have Pokémon- and non-Pokémon related art, I'll just be putting some stuff I have here! Have some sketches among them too btw if that's not a problem. And I appreciate constructive criticism so that's always welcome haha.
    2upckli.png
    2upckli.png
    2upckli.png

Pokémon related:
    Spoiler:
    Also the following are not in a particular order, I will probably do that later on but for now this is fine, the Pokémon drawings are though.

Non-Pokémon:
    Spoiler:
    So yeah there we go. I'll update this regularly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've stumbled across your art a few times and it's super adorable; love your style =D Those little Caterpies especially tug at my heart, they are so cuuute!

I love your Pokemon images, though it looks like a couple of them have some minor anatomy problems (mainly Raichu's feet). Your people are fantastic though; those last three images in the second spoiler are beautifully sketched and the structures are perfect! I'm guessing you were mostly a human artist before trying out animals?

Those that managed to get a request out of you are super lucky. :3 I remember seeing this somewhere in Shining's blog before and thinking how hilariously well it fit with what he wrote. XD

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Thanks hahah those Caterpies were a joke at first but they turned out to be cute so I put them there XD Thank you <3

And yea I have always been more used to drawing humans than animals (that's my cousins specialty lool), and Pokémon have always been hard for me. Seeing how I did them first though does show I've improved imo so I am happy about that XD But yeah I still need to get better at them.

Updating OP with:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Acrios90

Pokemon Artist & DJ
    Years
  • Your pictures are pretty amazing! Most would say they are better then mine! But it wont stop me from giving a little friendly advice.

My advice here (Could probably be counted as a request) Is to try out more new/different styles when drawing I see alot of anime/Chibi but there are plenty of other styles too. try to copy one from another artist or one non anime cartoon. This keeps you on your toes and who knows you may learn a trick or two from drawing in a different way!

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Your pictures are pretty amazing! Most would say they are better then mine! But it wont stop me from giving a little friendly advice.

My advice here (Could probably be counted as a request) Is to try out more new/different styles when drawing I see alot of anime/Chibi but there are plenty of other styles too. try to copy one from another artist or one non anime cartoon. This keeps you on your toes and who knows you may learn a trick or two from drawing in a different way!

Hi and thanks, and thanks for your advice too! However, first of all there are a lot of different styles which all fall under anime/manga category, it's not limited to one. I think you can see that not all those drawings are drawn in the same style, they are in the same category though, but it is a different thing. Second, I /do/ draw in different styles too, you would not be seeing nebulae if I didn't. Thanks tho!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oo, awesome work Yoshikkko! I love all of your stuff, especially the Meganium. You do a wonderful job with your edges as it seems more "painted" rather than just straight black lines. I'm not good with actual lingo, haha.

I also really like the space pieces.

Years
  • wow awesome yoshi! I especially love the hypno and poochyena! Would you be kind enough to make me an awesome shiny makuhita :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    I really like the way you color the Pokemon as well as the background!
    The colors you used really made the Pokemon stand out, especially with the sparkly effects. It made it so dramatic!
    One thing I noticed though, one of your first ones which involved a Bulbasaur, the cheek to theleft side seems a little sharp on the meeting point, don't you think?
    Try to make your lines a little thicker, it will enhance it a lot.
    Nevertheless, I really enjoyed looking at your work and look forward to seeing more in the future!

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I really like the way you color the Pokemon as well as the background!
    The colors you used really made the Pokemon stand out, especially with the sparkly effects. It made it so dramatic!
    One thing I noticed though, one of your first ones which involved a Bulbasaur, the cheek to theleft side seems a little sharp on the meeting point, don't you think?
    Try to make your lines a little thicker, it will enhance it a lot.
    Nevertheless, I really enjoyed looking at your work and look forward to seeing more in the future!
    Thank you! And yea you are right about the Bulbasaur ahha, I didn't really develop a "style" yet to draw Pokémon in so I was trying different things out. It's not worth revising though so I'll leave it this way cause it's veery old XD Thank you though!

Oh and thanks to the others too! I don't think I'll be taking requests any time soon because of school (and some other drawings that have priority) but I happen to have a Makuhita sketch lying around which I like a lot so I could do something small with that maybe!

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh my gosh I love your style! The lines, the colors, everything is just so perfect! Your mecha OC is so adorable, makes me want to make my own! ^^ I particularly like the choice in colors you use for highlighting and shading-- very soft and appealing.

I can't wait to see more, love both your pokemon and your non-pokemon works!

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    ty loki! sorry left this thread un-updated not that it was active anyway

spoilering this because can be seen as a provocative pose i guess, but was approved so yeah] HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE
    Spoiler:

still in sketch obviously and it was supposed to be may but didnt draw her hair yet, this is just a filler

Last edited:
    Back