• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As Darkness Falls-Welcome to the Old Chateau

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Mary Ellen cackled in response to her brother's thanks, and then floated back to the kitchen to watch Tommy, or Rotom, do this favourite thing; Burn people.

Azleyla looked up at Jackson, who was floating several inches off the ground in a solid, visible form. She was shaking with fright as he spoke to her, telling her his name, and how he had a long, tragic story.

She startled as she heard that she was an importance in that story. She was confused, and still extremely terrified.

Leyla sat on the floor, her legs folded to the side, and her arms crossed over her stomach. She looked expectantly a Jackson waiting for him to continue.

----------------------------------------------
    (OOC: FIRE! ;D)

Sakura and Flare watched as a ghost-boy appeared to them right after Azleyla was dragged off, Sakura was shaking in fright. She wasn't sure what he was saying, but she caught the obvous threat in his voice.

The boy drifted into the oven, and turned forms into a small, lightbulb-like creature. It cackled cruelly, and flames burst out of the kitchen appliance.

Sakura shrieked in terror as flames lept out of the oven, as she was Grass-type, she was extra vulnerable to the licking flames. She hid behind Flare, who was able to take the extreme heat easier, since she was Fire-type.

Flare snorted in defiance at the flames

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Sheen talked with snype for awhile about whats been happening in the Chateau so far since this is the first time that he's been out of his pokeball since entering. [...So...We're locked inside this place huh. Why don't we just blow up a wall with Plan B?] Snype stared and thought for a minute. His master had some serious firepower inside of his pockets. One small explosion and they could break out... See what's happened so far... The ghosts would find some way to prevent that from happening. And if the others knew about it, then they would probably make Mark blow a hole open in the house recklessly. Snype whispered into Sheen's ear. [You know, We sort of have our own mission here you know. We're not just going to run away. For one, REPO gave us a job to find out what the hell is wrong with this place. And two... the loot.] Sheen was about to mention that they were inside of an ancient house full of dust but then remembered what snype placed inside of his master's pockets.

Snype continued to whisper... [kehehehe... That necklace belonged to somebody called Mary Ellen or something. Whoever that was has good taste in valuables... Just think. If something like that is in here theres gotta be something else inside this place. I dunno, Some family Heirloom or maybe... I can smell it...]
    Sheen had never really known much about how valuable one object could be. He wasn't into the whole thief thing as much as snype. [...You sure that's not the microwave your smelling?] Sheen said Sarcastically.

------------------------------------------------

Mark was really getting annoyed by the microwave. It was overheating, yes, but really wasn't doing anything too threatening yet. It would be better to just break the thing and be done with it. "Whenever we're done staring obliviously at this thing... Lets take some action before IT does." Mark told the others. "Sheen, use Crush claw on that microwave." The cocky Zangoose gave a devilish smile on his face as if he had been wanting to do that in the first place. Sheen again edged close to the Microwave.

"Alright Sheen. Break it into pieces. That'll be one less thing to worry about." Mark commanded Sheen. He didn't hesitate at all... Without a second thought, Sheen began hacking and slashing into the haywire microwave... Meanwhile Snype went a bit closer to the other group of pokemon to listen into whatever they were talking about... before he could introduce himself, He noticed that Leyla had been dragged away by...something... Her pokemon had started panicing.
    ------
    Mark immediately noticed Leyla being dragged away from Korbin. Azelya ended up being dragged behind the door... and with a *click*, it was locked. "Damnit! The door is locked!...those ghosts have a real liking to her don't they..." Mark said as he attempted to kick the door open. He could tell that Korbin And Leyla had become very close during their time in the mansion just looking at the two...though that relationship is probably whats getting everybody into this mess in the first place...

"Korbin we'll get her back." Mark said to him. "Lets just focus on finding a way out of here first...Sheen! Are you done with that microwave yet?!" Sheen kept hacking and slashing at the microwave until it became scrap metal. It was so satisying to stop that thing but he couldn't help but feel something ominous coming from the broken machine... As he walked over to Mark, A boy's reflection had appeared on the oven near the microwave, taking the form of a light bulb. It gleamed brightly... and began to speak.

"Hello. Now that i have your attention, let's begin. I am Tommy, and When I was killed, my soul was imprisoned in the television upstairs. I now have an affinity with electronic devices, which shows how i can control this oven. Anyway, now that the one we need has been taken, we have no use for any of you. So, all that's left to do is BURN!"

Without any time to react, A huge burst of fire came out of the oven, and had lit the entire room ablaze. "HeeHee! Tommy says goodbye!" He said, Fading away. The fire had left Mark and sheen trapped in a blaze of fire since they had been so close to the oven... Snype was at a distance away from them...more closer to the other group of pokemon. [Master!] He yelled attempting to run through the fire. He was pushed back... the flames were far too strong... [Damnit all!, Somebody take out this fire! *cough*]

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    Instead of cringing, as Blue did despite the fact that the fury wasn't even directed at him, Samrin only stood up straighter.

[I am no such thing,] he barked at Flare fearlessly. [You can't just assume that I'm an emotionless monster without even having known me for twenty four hours. You don't know anything about me.]

Ignotus shook his head and was about to speak when Blue cut him off, stunning both Samrin and himself into silence, as well as Rakiri.

[Yes, she can,] he said fiercely, his fins lying flat against his head as he stood. His tail thrashed dangerously, strong enough to break the legs of a small Pokemon. [I've watched you hurt so many girls, and I won't stand for it anymore.] He glared at him. [If you're not serious I suggest you back off now. I'm not going to let you do this anymore. I'm bigger than you, and I could drown your little sparks in a second.]

And as quickly as it had happened, the ferocity left him. Blue was left standing confused and unsure, his eyes wide. Samrin sensed the change and was just about to bite him when something began to happen with Azleyla. As far as he could tell, master had done something to upset her; then he realized that her movements were not voluntary.

Korbin grabbed for Leyla as she was jerked away, sensing immediately that something was wrong. But it was to no avail. Leyla was dragged out of the room, and the door slammed shut behind her. With a cry of protest Korbin began to bludgeon the door with his fists with all his strength, splintering the wood somewhat, but not enough to break the door in time. He jumped out of the way as Graham's Blastoise began to charge at the door. It was a good thing, too. A childish voice issued from the oven and a jet of flame belched forth, disintegrating everything where he had been standing a moment before. "Rakiri, Blue, Sammy, Iggy, come!" he screamed. He returned Helena immediately, but he couldn't see the rest of his team through the smoke and flames.

Blue squeaked in terror as the blistering heat hit him, burning his skin. [Move!] Samrin yelled authoritatively; for once, Blue didn't mind obeying. Ignotus dashed ahead of them, aiming for the door back into the dining room. When he reached it he tackled it as well as he could whilst dodging flames. Rakiri made it a few moments later and helped the barrage. Samrin had no concern for Flare; she was a Fire type, she was fast, she could obviously take care of herself. But Sakura was another story. [Go, sweetheart, go!] he insisted, nudging her with his head. It slowed him down considerably and he clenched his fangs, accidentally biting his tongue hard enough to draw blood when the flames began to devour his tails. But he had to make sure she got out, he couldn't let her get hurt.

Korbin bellowed over the crackle of fire, his voice rough from smoke. "Blue, Rain Dance and Hydro Pump! Get yourself and the others over here!"

Blue obeyed immediately and caused a torrential downpour indoors, but all that did was exacerbate the smoke in the room. He then blasted a pressurized stream of water into the fire, but it did nothing at all. He turned tail and fled to Korbin, looking around wildly for Sakura and Samrin. He could see neither one and began to panic, but all he could see to do was get the door open. If they couldn't escape it would be pointless for them to get away from the fire. He began to use Hydro Pump again, this time on the door. The high pressure water soaked the wood, making it easier for Ignotus, Rakiri, and Korbin to break through. Finally there was a small hole just large enough for Rakiri to slip through to the other side and unlock it.

Samrin was still nudging Sakura through the flames when Blue caused a rainstorm. Relieved by the slight difference it made, he stopped suddenly, crouched low, then head butted Sakura in the backside, pushing her the rest of the distance to the door just as it opened. He continued to run, then tripped as his ruined tails fell under his feet, ruining his traction. He went down with a yelp and was quickly surrounded by fire. Dimly, he suddenly sure that he was going to die. Breathing became more difficult as smoke rushed into his lungs, replacing the oxygen he desperately needed. As the flames lapped at his skin he didn't even have the energy to scream. Slowly, he began to feel less attached to himself until he was ripped away and thrust into the darkness while his physical body charred in a true hell.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Sakura squeaked as Samrin nudged her with his head, encouaging her to move forward. She took a few, stumbling steps, then stopped in fear of all the flames. She shivered out of fear.

Flare didn't trust Samrin with her friend, so she stayed next to Sakura, shielding her with her body from some of the flames and heat, which she could withstand easily.

Sakura gasped when she saw Samrin's tails catch fire, and almost called out to Jel to put them out, before remembering that Jel was with Azleyla, who had been taken away. She wanted to cry, but tears weren't forming because of the extreme heat.

A flame licked at one of Sakura's leaf-ears, and she squeaked as it caught fire. She was greatly relieved as orbin called out for a Hydro Pump and Rain Dance from Blue, as it quenched the fire on her burnt ear, even if it didn't do much to the big fire.

Sakura shrieked as Samrin butted her in the behind towards the now-opened door, and she stumbled the rest of the way out of the room quickly. Flare followed after Samrin slid through on his ruined tails. She looked over Sakura quickly for injury, and only found one major burn on her cream-colored flank.

Sakura started to panic as she saw Samrin's breathing begin to become shallower. She was immune to the smoke because her body gave off clean oxygen, an unconscious process on Sakura' part. Her burns stung, and the major one burned madly but she cared all to much more for others than for herself, so she ignored her injuries for now. The flames were starting to spread from the kitchen into the dining area.

[Samrin? Samrin! Keep breathing, please!] she cried, and moved closer to him, so he could inhale more of her clean air.

She looked him over, and watched as his breathing became even more shallow, it seemed it was getting even more difficult for him to inhale. She gasped, and tried to rouse him from his unconsciousness.

[Wake up, please! Please don't die!] she begged, hating death and every part of it, no matter who it was. She watched as Samrin's chest stopped moving, and she broke down and cried.

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
    Jackson smiled at Leyla and put his hands behind his back in a gentlemanly manner. "You see, my dear, for a long time I was the prize child of the richest and most influential family in the Sinnoh Region, the Gateaus, I was always pa-pa's favorite, much to the disdain of my two younger siblings, Wilhelm and, Mary Ellen, soon they were making plans to get rid of me so that they could split the inheritance and not be overshadowed by me any longer, but afterwards they would probably have just tried to kill each other anyways, but that's life. Mary Ellen was the first to make attempts at killing me, luckily I was too smart for her, she would have gotten to me eventually, but one day a man broke in and payed a 'visit' to my dear sister.....she was brutally raped and then murdered, this man known only to me as Mr. White due to his dressing and.....obsessive-compulsive cleaning habits. What he did to Mary Ellen changes a person.....while the man was making his 'clean getaway' a Scyther that had been driven mad sliced him to ribbons, he thought he would get away because of how heavily he bleached and disinfected the room Mary Ellen was killed in, but the Scyther was not naturally mad...he was posessed, maybe you can piece together the rest.....Soon after Mary Ellen's untimely demise, I was getting complacent, no attempts on my life had yet been made by young Wilhelm, so I thought him harmless...I was wrong. On the day of my Eighteenth Birthday my father made a toast to his most promising child.....I was the first and only one to drink my Birthday Wine.....Wilhelm had poisoned it, immediately after the toast I began to convulse and retch and well.....look at me now." Jackson looked down sadly, then looked back up as if cherishing a sweet memory. "While I was alive.....I met a girl who was wandering through our family's forest, she was beautiful and kind and intelligent.....after months more of our secret meetings I was sure I was in love with this girl.....When i asked her to marry me she told me she wasn't ready yet, but she promised us to be wed on my next birthday....I was seventeen when she made the promise.....I'm sure you can guess how important my Eighteenth birthday was supposed to be.....my beloved Sonia was beautiful....like somebody else I recently met." As Jackson spoke the last part an image flew through Leyla's mind, it was of a girl that looked almost like her identical twin, except with hair just a little blonder and longer, with fancy ribbons in it, and hse was wearing a beautiful white dress with pink trim.

The Fire was spreading through the kitchen quickly, this fire was unnatural, there was no way mortal fire could extinguish it, Graham sat against the wall farthest from the fire, holding his limp arm, he had decided the second the fire had spread that he would only leave after everyone else did, he was going to bring out Draco to help break down the door, but there was no room between Korbin's pokemon so Graham sat and waited for an escape route, feeling more useless than ever had before in his entire life. When the door was busted open he began limping after everyone else, until he stood right next to Sakura looking at Samrin, he decided she deserved some time, but they didn't have it in that room, so Graham ignored his right arm's protests and picked Samrin up and carried him out of the room, hoping for Sakura to follow.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    Mark, Sheen, and snype were luckily able to escape from the fire with the others thanks to Blue's Rain dance. And Raikari's Lock picking. With the flames slightly weaker, Mark and Sheen were able to get away from the oven and out of the door. Snype followed as he looked back for a second at Sakura and Samrin. Samrin was dieing...Snype would never think that he would ever see another pokemon die. Before it was all fun and games, A small treasure hunt...probably for a treasure that likely doesn't even exist in the chateau... It was the first time he took things for granted.

Snype called out to Sakura... [...comon!... We gotta get out of here.....after all.... I'm sure Samrin wouldn't want you dieing here either after that......] Snype put his hand over his heart. [....My sympathies...] He said looking down at Samrin's body. Snype ran outside the door once mark called out his name and allowed Sakura to finish buisness inside hoping she would get out of the room...

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Arisa was drifting somewhere between reality and unconsciousness. It was a curious feeling, and somehow pleasant. How she longed to plunge into the safety of darkness...yet something kept her from doing so. How did she end up like this? Was she merely asleep in her bed? No...she had received a message to explore the Old Chateau and she had set out to fulfill her duty. There had been others...hadn't there? She could not remember their names, as she had not bothered to introduce herself to them. She remembered the door...and then what?

"Hey, Ari-chan?"

"Hm?"

"Thanks for not backing out. It...means a lot to me, ya know? I know you're scared, but let's make it an adventure. Just you and me...nothing can stop us! Besides, those silly rumors about spirits...they're just rumors. How often are rumors true, anyway? We'll be the first to explore the Old Chateau, you just wait and see!"

How foolish they had been, full of crazy ideas and wild energy. It had not mattered in the end. Akane had lost her life and Arisa had lost a large part of herself. She no longer had any reason to smile, the local residents had seen to that.

"Stay away from us! Your soul is tainted with the vile spirits that lurk within the Old Chateau!"

"Ew, don't touch me! What if your taint rubs off on me?"

"Murderer!"

They had no idea. If only they knew what really happened within those forbidden walls, they would have been more understanding. But no...they had shunned her without giving her a chance to explain. Those wretched fools...they would pay for their indifference. They needed to be killed, one by one, in the slowest and most painful way possible. Oh yes...she would enjoy watching them die...

As for the other REPO recruits, what would they think if they knew the truth? They would distance themselves from her, call her vicious names, as the residents of Eterna City had done. No...she needed their help. For now. Once they had lost their usefulness, then...it would be safe to tell them. But who? Who would be the first to know?

Her eyes fluttered open. Her body ached and stung all over. True, her wounds were agonizing, yet all she did was wince slightly. How long had she been out? Several minutes, at least.

That's right...she had entered the room with the scratches on it. She had been struck repeatedly by the spirit that she had encountered several years previously. Then she had trapped it within a silver pendant. After that...she had collapsed.

There was someone kneeling over her. A girl, by the looks of it. She wore a worried expression that relaxed somewhat after seeing that Arisa had regained consciousness. This was another REPO recruit, no doubt. How odd...this girl did not even know her, yet she was willing to offer her assistance? Interesting...very interesting...

"Who...are you?"

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
    Max and Midori left the room where once laid trapped the soul of the ghastly child. The trainer had unwillingly liberated the revengeful spirit, and was unaware of the havoc this unfortunate meeting had brought to his fellow REPO teammates… he was soon going to discover it though.

Midori walked in front of her trainer, showing bravery she was able to achieve only trough her success in liberating Max. She used her Flash to illuminate the dark corridor, moving wary due to her cautious nature. Max saw the other doors and felt discouraged to try another one, thing had not gone well before, he decided to study them again before choosing again.

As he passed the boundary between the right side and onto the second set of doors, the noise of a door being bashed attracted his attention. The noise did not come from any of these rooms though, the banging came from down the stairs and guided Max to believe it was somewhat distant.

"Heard that Midori? Let's go downstairs!"

The banging noise accelerated, just what was causing it? A million of possible scenarios flashed trough Max's mind. It could go from a REPO recruit fighting a ghost, to a simple ghostly prank; hell it could be the work of the just recently free demon light bulb kid.

Running down the stairs with limited light and a pressing situation ended being something harder than one would initially expect, at least Midori would have rolled down the second half if Max had not grabbed her from the arm at that right time.

Once both trainer and pokemon reached the entrance level, the noise had already severely intensified in volume. Midori on her side grew more scared, nearby emotions had reached her and kept intensifying as they advanced; feelings of fear and grief.

"Let's go this way, we are almost there girl." Max cautiously ordered her pokemon.

The closer he got, the wider his stress grew. Something was just not right. He found was completely right when they finally reached the banging source.

The sound had actually ceased a few seconds before they got there, but its constancy had already told Max were it came from. A large was the first thing to catch Max's attention, as the place was clearly too crampy for it to move freely, or for any one to pass him as a matter of fact.

"Hi? Everyone ok there?" That is such a typical question when knowing that is most likely not the case. "It's clear over here come on!"

The surge of heat Max felt urged him to make haste; he knew they needed to get out of there quick. He and Midori walked back, leaving the hall open for them to mobilize out.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Azleyla gave an unconscious shiver when Jackson smiled at her, and shrunk back.

She listened to his story, and wasn't surprised when she heard that Mary Ellen was his sister. That was kind of of obvious, due to the fact that they were both pretty insane. Leyla's eyes widened when she listened to how Mary Ellen died, brutally raped, and then murdered by some Mr. White, an obsessive compulsive for cleaning.

Leyla sat through Jackson's death with a surprising slight sympathy for him, he was a victim of sibling rivalry for inheritance, which wasn't exactly his fault, but Leyla was sure that he wasn't completely innocent in that whole fiasco.

Her eyebrows shot up as Jackson started on his lost love, a girl named Sonia. She had a feeling that this was the part in which she came in, and Azleyla was becoming extremely uneasy, and she guessed where this was going. She couldn't restrain a slight blush as Jackson called her beautiful, as she was borne modest, but it quickly disappeared because it wasn't Korbin calling her beautiful, it was a creepy, psycopathical ghost.

Azleyla gasped as an image of herself, no, Sonia, dashed through her mind. They only differents were than her AUNBURN hair was a tad longer, and the color a bit more distinct. She wore small, pink ribbons in her hair, and a white dress with pink lace and trim.

"B-but, that's not... not me... " Leyla whimpered, shivering in the darkness, still sitting on the floor. "I'm so very sorry that you d-died before you and Sonia could get married, but I'm not her! I'm Azleyla, not Sonia."

Leyla felt like she was in a horror movie.... not that she even watched horror movies, but she had the strangest feeling that this was what it's like to be the main character in a scary movie.

-------------------------------------------------
    Sakura whined in potest as Graham picked up Samrin's body, and carried him away. She lept up and followed, determined not to let Graham just dispose of the body, they needed a proper burial for it.

Strikit

Years
    Korbin dashed through the door after three of his Pokemon, oblivious. As far as he knew Samrin was right behind him; he was too tall to see the ground through the thick smoke. He counted Rakiri, Blue, and Ignotus. Lynx and Helena were in their balls. But wait… where was Samrin? His heart plummeted and he turned on a dime and ran back into the room, ignoring the searing heat. Where was his Vulpix, his little thief, scoundrel, ladies' man, the first Pokemon he had ever caught? "Samrin!" he bellowed, beginning to panic. "Sammy, kid, you can't do this to me!" While he yelled smoke rushed into his lungs again, causing him to cough helplessly. His eyes watered, making it more difficult to see. That was when he saw Graham heading toward the door with something in his arms, something limp and burnt. He moved out of the way for him and as he passed, had a horrifying moment of dawning realization. With a strangled scream he followed Graham back out into the dining room.

As soon as they were in safety he took what remained of Samrin from Graham and knelt down, suddenly unable to keep his feet. "Sammy…" His voice broke, both from the smoke and from terrible loss. He never thought he would see Samrin like this, with two of his tails nearly burnt off, his ears like burnt paper, his eyes completely void of life. Korbin began to shake violently as he fought back tears. He never cried, he couldn't cry, he wouldn't… but he did. This was his fault, he had elected to explore the Chateau, never heeding the warnings. It was his fault that Samrin was gone.

Blue edged forward slowly, his fins flat against his head, his eyes wide and swimming. [No…] he whimpered. [He'll be okay, right? We'll get out of here and take him to a Center and they'll fix him right up.]

[No, Blue,] Ignotus said sadly. [He's gone. There's nothing we can do.]

Blue shook his head furiously. [But no, this can't be it, the last thing I ever did was threaten him.] He lowered his head, shivering. Rakiri moved to stand next to him and master comfortingly, while he motioned Iggy to go to Sakura. Ignotus nodded and came to her, his ears limp and tail low.

[I'm so sorry, love,] he said softly.

Darkness. Emptiness. There was nothing around him, nothing to see, nothing to hear, nothing to scent. He tried to breathe a Flamethrower to light the area, but he found that he had no control over anything. To test this he tried to move his ears and his tails… nothing. Beginning to panic, he tried to howl, but again, nothing happened. Gentle laughter broke the silence. Instinctively Samrin began to look around wildly for the culprit, then remembered that he could no longer look at anything. Why not? What had happened to him?

"You are dead, dear Samrin," the voice told him. "Your spirit has been discorporated from your physical body. But do not panic; this is not the end. It is only the beginning."

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Sakura was whimpering softly, and tears rolling down her manilla cheeks, wetting the soft fur of her face.

[I, I didn't even know him well at all.] she whispered, and shook her head slightly in dismay. [But I hate death. Hate it! I can't stand the thought of them... just... leaving. Where do they go?] Sakura was glancing around wildly, on the verge of hysteria.

[I couldn't stand it anymore if I lost Master! Ooh, what if she never comes back? What if they kill her? I'd kill myself if that happened! I'd just go leap into a fire and burn all the way to hell! Just burn!] a crazed giggle tickled Sakura's tounge, but she repressed it quickly before she sounded even more insane.

[I want Jel! If Jel was here, Samrin wouldn't of died! It's my fault he died, I was too afraid to run and get out before the fire got too bad! Just send me to hell now, Arceus! Just do it now rather than later!] Sakura looked from Pokemon to Pokemon, then started to all out bawl, gasping each breath. Flare trotted over, and nuzzled her, trying to calm her down.

[She'll be okay.] Flare whispered to the other Pokemon. [She's just easily upset, especially with the thought of death. We need to get Azleyla back as soon as possible. Sakura has an issue with emotion, if she gets too upset... well.... lets just say that only Jel can stop that tragedy.]

Megaman765

Years
    Mark simply looked down at his feet... Having lost a pokemon in that fire must have felt awful... They haven't even been inside of the chateau that long. He wanted to say something to korbin to make him feel better but couldn't find the right words... He'd probably upset him more either way. Mark took a quick look at his 4th pokeball that he kept hidden. Inside of the pokeball was a weezing, packed with many moves fit for escaping, one of them being Explosion. Maybe if he had used Weezing earlier, everyone could have all broke out of the building. Nobody would have had to die.

Mark was tempted to call out plan B and just make a huge hole...until he began to hear a familiar voice. "I see you've met tommy." the girlish voice said to his mind. "You... so are you happy? Did you get a good laugh seeing us suffer like this? Killing? If you all weren't already dead I'd kill you myself." Mark said in his head. "Oh but that would make you just as worse wouldn't it? hehehehe... call me Reina..." The distorted voice continued. "I'm only hear to give you a warning. I wouldn't try using any "drastic measures" to get out of this place..." Mark looked at the pokeball he hid Plan B in... that had to be what she was talking about.

"...Your little "tool" in your pocket isn't going to get you out of this building. Trust me. Bad things will happen if you tare down these walls..." His Weezing... a tool she called it?... Mark has never made his Weezing use Explosion ever. His job was to make escape routes whenever he was caught... and did a good job at that. That didn't mean he kept him only to do that. "Shut up." He continued in his head. "Once we get Leyla back, I'm blasting through the door and running with my share of loot. You won't stop me." Reina giggled at mark for still caring about whatever loot could be in this decrepit building... "...Well... If that's how you want it... I might as well sing instead."

Singing...? That was her threat? To sing if he tried to blast outside of the chateau? Like that was going to do anything.
    "...I'd hate to give out the whole song. I'm still working on it myself. One small second of it should do the trick." As soon as Reina sung one little bit of whatever she attempted to sing, Mark could feel his heart stop temporarily.
    ..just one second of the song made him feel what is was like to be near death. His heart beat again as soon as she stopped singing. "I'm sure you know of Parish song right? One day during my life in this chateau I heard a misdreavus sing it to me... leading to my own death. Funny since it should only work on pokemon but this one was different...what matters now is that I've learned how to use it myself. At anytime... one little song could be the end everyone in here."

Mark began to sweat... He didn't have any choice but to listen to this otherworldly being... "Good to see we understand eachother." she said. "...Fine. You have my word..." Mark responded in his mind. "I'll let you continue buisness then. In the meantime, I'll just sit around in your subconscious until I need another lapdog. Ciao." Reina said to mark as the voice faded away.

-------------------------------------------
    Snype was speachless... He didn't even know samrin but he still felt bad for him. Sheen felt the same way and was as silent as Mark was. Snype listened in on Flare who whispered how much Sakura hated death and replied.. [I don't blame her... I'd probably be just as upset if I lost someone like that...
    ] Sheen joined in as well. [Those things are probably laughing at us right now. If I could get my hands on those ghosts... I'd rip them a new one and...] Sheen was nearly getting carried away with thoughts of revenge... Snype interrupted. [Sheen!...watch what you say...we don't need any more thoughts of death... enemy or not.] Sheen couldn't come up with a comeback... not at a time like this. Instead he once again went back to silence and leaned on the wall next to him.

[By the way... Who's Jel? Another one of your trainer's pokemon...?] Snype asked in concern. [Sounds like a pokemon one could really look up to huh...]

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    okay, since there are only about 6-7 people (I think) Posting regularly, I think we need to merge the teams. There is power in numbers after all.

Okay, since the door to Azleyla is blocked, you guys will have to find another way to reach her. On the center door upstairs, there is an indentation that looks similar to a cross. there is a circle around the indentation that looks as if it may spin(Think national treasure.)

Once you figure out how to get past the door, there is a rather large hallway that is not wide enough for two people to walk by each other comfortably. At the end of the hall there are two doors, one to the left, and one to the right. Behind the left door there is a faint whimpering sound. It sounds like a lost loved one to everyone that hears it. behind the second door there is a loud coughing sound, and then a slight gurgle. it sounds like someone is gravely injured. Between the two doors there is a dead end, but there appear to be lines in the shape of a door....(Have to do the rooms first.)

When you reach the end of the hall, the large door slams shut. Looks like you're trapped...

LordSephy

Years
    "I know you are not Sonia my dear, in fact that's a subject I've already had some changes in...you see, a while ago I was in Graham's mind, I took over his body, intending to help you all die, and then leave this dreaded place with my new body so I could actually experience life.....but then my dear Sister startled me while I was examining a knife...I reflexively threw it at you, it wasn't until after the knife unfortunately...pierced your hand, which I am dreadfully sorry about, but Mary Ellen spent so much time spying on my and Sonia, I realised she must have known you looked like my love, and still she let me attack you without looking closely at your face first, and then it suddenly hit me, these spirits here, they are cruel and spiteful and murderous without any reason to be, many of the spirits here are only here because of those who were here already.....and that gnaws at me every day.....and now because of my selfishness a pokemon has died.....Humans...humans are cruel, corrupted creatures that kill everything important to life over time, but pokemon are pure and loving.....I've never killed a pokemon and never wanted to...so now, I just want to help you, I want nobody else to experience what I've had to...but I can't let you leave this room unless someone comes to get you, there is nobody in here, and I've made sure nobody can listen in on us at the moment, not even Mary Ellen...I hope you understand, they must not know I'm helping you, or they will stop toying with your teammates and simply kill them, and don't think they haven't had chances.....please be understanding, I'm sure they will be here soon, until then, I don't plan on trying to sway you...but could we maybe....." Jackson looked down for a moment, then looked back up with hope in his eyes. "We could talk for a bit? I can't remember the last time I had human companionship..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Graham struggled to carry Samrin's weight he saw Korbin run in, probably looking for what he was carrying, the distress he saw on Korbin's face when their eyes met almost made him want to cry, Graham was walking too slow, but he couldn't go any faster, so he kept breathing in smoke. The moment they got out Korbin snatched the body from his arms, Graham didn't say anything about it, he understood the lack of thanks, Korbin probably couldn't think about anything other than Samrin at the moment. "I'm sorry i didn't do anything sooner." Graham coughed, and began having a full-on fit, the combination of how banged up his body was with the heat and all that smoke.....Graham felt his feet go wobbly, as he looked down he saw the ground get closer, and then releasing darkness freed him from conciousness.

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Reni kneeled down over the girl and looked for signs that she was alive. She was breathing; that was a good sign. Reni put her hand on the girls chest. Her heartbeat was beating crazily, like she was in some kind of stress. A nightmare? The girl looked like she needed some help, but there was no-one else around. She felt the girl move slightly, and withdrew her hand. Was she awake? Yes...she was beginning to stir. Reni was relieved that she was at least awake. She could tell her what had happened.

The girl spoke to her in a shaky but suspicious voice. "Me?" Reni wriggled back a bit, giving her some space. "My name is Reni. It's ok, I'm one of the REPO recruits." The girl's unsure look wavered a bit. "Who are you, and what happened to you?"

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Azleyla stared at Jackson in disbelief, the emotion completely wiping away the fear in her eyes and showing on her face.

"So... you had Mary Ellen capture me... for basically no particular reason at all? Forgive me, I'm seriously confused at your reasoning for freaking having a ghost girl burst into my time with Korbin, and drag me away? This is bull!" she shouted, and then cringed, she had just yelled at a freaking ghost for Arceus' sake! She stood up slowly, and patted her Pokeballs softly, reassuring herself that she could have Senor break down the door any time she wanted.

"And why would you want to help me? Is it just because I look like your Sonia? 'Cause if it is, that's seriously shallow! I'm not just a toy you can play with o stare at for hours!" Leyla cringed again as she finished her last sentence.

(OOC: Remember, Azleyla doesn't now about the fire yet.)

Megaman765

Years
    Mark tried not to look at the vulpix's burned up body. He didn't want to look at a dead pokemon. He didn't sign up for this crap. All mark wanted was to find whatever was inside the chateau, look from other recruits, and be on his way... Not be a spirit's play thing. Worst of all he was being threatened by this...Reina girl. A parish song that could wipe out everybody in this building in a mere second. It seemed like there was no escape... With all that has happened, He was starting to become concerned of his own team's safety... and his own.

"...Korbin." Mark said as he slowly walked up to him. "Look, don't beat yourself up like this... I'm sure he didn't die in vein. He saved the life of Leyla's Leafeon." He continued, still not sure of the nicknames of the other pokemon. "...If it makes you feel any better we can give him a burial as soon as we get out of this place...if we get out of this place..." "If" was probably the wrong word to say...

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
    Ignotus listened with a sympathetic ear, not sure what else to do. The British little fox had never had to comfort someone with death before, especially not while holding tears back himself. He may never have been open with his attachment to Samrin before, but he'd been his best mate. Later, when he was alone, he would likely lose it and let himself grieve. But for now he had to hold himself together, for himself, for Sakura, for Blue, and most of all, for master. When it appeared that Flare had Sakura as well cared for as possible he went back to Korbin, not sure what he ought to be doing.

Not of his own free will, Korbin found himself reliving his partnership with Samrin. At the moment he didn't know whether he could take it, but his mind ran with it anyway. He saw his capture of the little thief, the first time he had displayed his kleptomaniacal tendencies, and the first battle they won together. Korbin realized then that he'd had Samrin for all of three years. The horrible loss he felt began to mingle with pure fury. Why had this happened to him? He had always tried to do the best for everyone around him, he had always taken the best care possible of his team; what could have possibly possessed fate to treat him so cruelly? Even worse, why had Samrin been taken? Yes, he had his problems. He would steal food while you were watching and had the innate ability to steal one's most important possession at the worst possible time. But he was fundamentally innocent, he'd never done anything truly wrong. And it appeared that he had given his life making sure that Leyla's Leafeon escaped the flames. Irrationally, he felt another jolt of anger, though it wasn't necessarily at Sakura. At the moment he was churning with a mix of emotions ranging from utter horror to complete fury. The first person to speak or step out of line were going to be walking on thin ice.

As it turned out, Mark was the lucky winner. Korbin tensed when he suggested a "proper burial," as though he had not thought of that himself. Even worse, he went on to say something about "if" they escaped. That tipped him over the edge. With a snarl he stood and grabbed Mark by the shirt collar. "Who are you to speak?" he growled. "We are going to get out of here. There is no if." Though his face remained contorted in an expression of primal anger, his voice softened. The effect was far from comforting. "If you are so unsure that we will get out of this, perhaps I would be doing you a service to make sure you do not."

Megaman765

Years
    With little time to react, Mark had stood up and grabed mark by the shirt collar. He might not have been the best with comforting people, Mark has been a loner ever since living the life as a thief. Of course mark knew they were going to get out... just not that sure. Maybe it would have been best to keep that to himself. What really hit mark was the small threat the Korbin had made to him. To make sure that mark wouldn't leave. Was he being serious...? Showing little fear in his face, Mark replied to Korbin's threat.

"Doing me a service?"
    Mark said with slight grin on his face. "How are you going to do that exactly? Beat me senseless? Lock me in a closet?...Kill me? I hate to say, but this is some serious Deja vu." He continued, Referring to the other ghosts in the building. "Are you really going to follow.. "their".. Example? Real mature big guy." Korbin was probably just getting more angry at Mark's Resistance... but for whatever reason, Mark seemed to enjoy it. Watching a grown man act like this was amusing... He just wanted to keep grinding his gears. It was almost as if mark wanted Korbin to do something to him just so he could see how immature he was acting.

Snype also noticed his master being threatened by Korbin. "[Ugh... Master you had to open your big mouth.]" Snype listened into what mark told korbin... He could tell things weren't gonna be pretty. If Korbin ended up attacking his master, Snype would be prepared. He preferred that it wouldn't happen in the first place though. Nearby he noticed that two of Korbin's pokemon were still outside of their pokeball. One pokemon that Snype had never seen before, and Blue. [Don't mind my master. He has...trouble keeping his Ego in check...] Snype said walking up to the two. [...Look I'm sorry for what's happened, but things are gonna get ugly fast at this rate. If none of you will stop your master from hurting mine, Then I will.] All snype could do was sit and wait for what Korbin would do next.

LordSephy

Years
    "No, not for no reason, a fire broke out minutes ago in the kitchen you were in, another one of the spirits here, is not a human spirit, but he does happen to be a pyromaniac whom we call Tommy. If you had still been in there when the microwave began to spew flames Korbin would have shielded you and been hurt or worse in the process. With you gone Korbin could focus on helping out and nobody ahd to watch him burn, I did what I thought was right.....my only regret is that I didn't help soon enough to save that poor fox......" Jackson looked at Leyla closely and an image of a ghost singing a song as all the REPO recruits died around her. "You don't understand how quickly all this could end if the others decided they are done playing with you humans, I beg of you to stay here peacefully until the others come to save you, I'm sure it won't take long."

Graham tried to stay impartial, he knew what could happen to him in this state if he was attacked, but he had some friends who weren't wounded, and that was enough. "THAT'S ENOUGH!" He yelled as he released Lax, who then proceded to pick up the two arguing men and put Korbin next to his pokemon and Mark next to Snype. Graham looked at both of them, first he got in Mark's face "You! You really want to egg someone on who just had one of his most important loved ones die, and another one ripped away from him? It's pathetic you would be willing to jeopardize what we've managed to make it through with a fight?" And then Graham turned to Korbin an stared him straight in the eyes, no longer caring if he was attacked. "And you Korbin, do you really want to get rid of one of our few allies here, and give the ghosts what they want in the process? And what about Leyla, huh? How is all this going to save her? You two need to get it together before she's gone forever!" Graham sat in almsot the center of the area they stood in, panting from the effort of so much yelling and negative emotions while he was already so exhausted, waiting for the other two men to see reason.

Back