• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash and Paul's Chimchar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    He never said officially that Chimchar was his starter, nor did professor rowan know him when he whitnessed their battle. I think Elekid is his first pokemon, seeing that its way more powerful than any of his other pokes, and Paul seems much closer to Elekid too, well as close as Paul CAN get to a pokemon....

My main reason for beleiving this is that Rowan didn't seem to know him. And he would, because the prof is supposed to be there when a new trainer gets its first pokemon

Not necessarily, He could have gotten his Chimchar from the Veilstone City Pokemon Center (since it was proven in the anime that the Nurse Joys in the various towns do give starter pokemon to people from towns that didn't have a regional (or at least a district, as was the case of "The Heartbreak of Brock") Pokemon Professor/ was too far away from a town that had a Pokemon Professor (they hinted at it in "Don't touch that 'Dile" and was confirmed in the Hoenn episode where Team Rocket tried to capture all three starter Pokemon and a Wailord).). though you do have a point in regards to Elekid, but, then again, some of the characters in pokemon had caught pokemon that were stronger than possibly even their own starting pokemon (E.G. Misty caught a Gyarados, and that was much stronger than her starter pokemon (I would say either Staryu, Starmie, or Goldeen) and also showed so much attachment that could even rival their own starter pokemon (Again, see Misty and her Gyarados.).

As for the topic, yeah, it is theoretically possible, Though not likely that Ash could end up with his Chimchar, if Paul basically got fed up with it's "Patheticness" (Though we first saw it lose against Ash's Aipom, it was hinted in that same battle that his Chimchar fought many battles before and lost quite a bit (Paul: (while recalling Chimchar) Still as weak as usual, eh!?).), since it was his starter and all, but then again, Damian did abandon his Charmander, even though technically it might not have been his starter (He mentioned that he "Caught" Charmander, though then again, he could have been using the term extremely loosely to count any pokemon he got in someway or another as being caught.). If not that, then he could still capture a pokemon of a past Generation in there (it's not like any of them HAVE to capture pokemon in that generation, since Ash also brought Aipom into Sinnoh (even if Aipom was a stowaway, he still took her with, and even if she was caught in a filler region, she still accompanied him into Sinnoh. Plus, there is also that chance that it will not evolve.), Plus, Brock also has a Gen II Pokemon with him in a Gen IV environment (Sudowoodo), Sudowoodo may have evolved from a Gen IV pokemon (Bonsly) that he brought into the region, but he is still a Gen II pokemon regardless on how you look at it.), In fact, out of all of the main trio (or the entire main cast), the only one whose party is exclusively Gen-IV Pokemon is Dawn.

anyways, that is all i have to say.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    My main reason for beleiving this is that Rowan didn't seem to know him. And he would, because the prof is supposed to be there when a new trainer gets its first pokemon

Yeah, but, he could have...stolen it >.> And weedle_mchairybug makes a pretty good point, too - Elekid could just simply be more powerful than Chimchar. Your starter might not always be your strongest Pokemon (it certainly wasn't in my Emerald Version xP)

I'm hoping this is not off-topic, but how can we be certain Ash will get a fire-type? Was something mentioned? I just want to make sure on this...

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    you some good points weedle

@rivvon: we don't know, but if history is any indicator, ash always gets a fire grass water and flying type pokemon, so its very likely that he will get a fire pokemon

as for the theories conserning Magby, Ponyta, Cyndaqyil, etc. i'd be perfectly happy with it if ash caught more than he needed to like he did in Kanto and Johto, and not just enough to get by, i like to see ash broadening his choice pokemon in a region

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I'll stick to the idea of either a magby or magmortar :D

Or maybe an Arcanine. Those are pretty rare.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Or maybe an Arcanine. Those are pretty rare.
    I think that'd be less likely, they aren't that rare. A number of the Officer Jennys have them, after Growlithe evolving... and usually, you don't get main characters sharing the same Pokemon.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    This is like CHARMANDER..Pokemon is just moving through with a patter..chibay your theory is Almost correct..Do you guys remember the time when that guy let go of his charmander becuase he thought it was weak and they left it out there in the rain and then ash misty and brock saved it and ash got to keep it after...Same thing paul might release his chimchar and say its useless it probably will be in pain just sitting there and then ash will take it to a pokemon centre just like what happened in the first season <_< pokemon= getting a little bit repetitive.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I think that'd be less likely, they aren't that rare. A number of the Officer Jennys have them, after Growlithe evolving... and usually, you don't get main characters sharing the same Pokemon.

didn't we already discuss that?

Ash and May had a squirtle and bulbasaur.
    James and Officer Jenny had/have a Growlithe
    and so on O_o;

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yes, some main characters have the same Pokemon, but...Gary had an Arcanine. o.o I don't think Ash would get one for that reason, or because Arcanine isn't so popular...

Years
    I actually want to see a repeat of the Hoenn series and each of the main characters have a starter. Ash already has Turtwig, Dawn has Piplup, so I think I'd be content if Brock either obtained Paul's Chimchar if or when Paul releases him, or obtain a different one in the series.

Mitch

The Reliable
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    it might happen. chimchar deserves a better trainer. paul is a jerk. i think his starter was elekid

Pirouette ♪

paired with Sincerity <3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    you some good points weedle

@rivvon: we don't know, but if history is any indicator, ash always gets a fire grass water and flying type pokemon, so its very likely that he will get a fire pokemon

as for the theories conserning Magby, Ponyta, Cyndaqyil, etc. i'd be perfectly happy with it if ash caught more than he needed to like he did in Kanto and Johto, and not just enough to get by, i like to see ash broadening his choice pokemon in a region

You made a good point. Ash had got the "main" flying type in every series. He got pigiot, noctowl, swellow and starly

Chibaymega12

Years
    about Brock having a chimchar, i think thats also very likely, but if he does catch one, it'll prolly be after chimchar evolves on Paul's team if Paul decides to keep it, also, i think its also likely if the paul releasing chimchar thing happens to Brock instead of ash without the pokemon league junk

if Ash doesn't get Paul's chimchy, or a chimchar after Paul's evolves, i think he's gonna go without a fire type

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I think that Ash is gonna get cyndaquil from professor oak for a battle and then after the battle cyndaquil is gonna wanna stay with Ash and then it will most likely evolve into a quilava.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I think that Ash is gonna get cyndaquil from professor oak for a battle and then after the battle cyndaquil is gonna wanna stay with Ash and then it will most likely evolve into a quilava.

There really isn't any reason for Ash to do that though. He might as well grab some of his other stronger Pokemon from Prof. Oak while he's at it. Unless of course its a specific request from Oak for some reason or other that requires Ash to handle that Cyndaquil.

Chibaymega12

Years
    @misty: Ash has stated several times in the jap anime that he doesn't want to bring any of his other pokemon, and i believe he stated the same thing before his and Roarks gym battle in the eng anime, so dont get your hopes up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back