• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash, girls and love: Your thoughts on it?

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    dqle said:
    Oh yeah, I'm speaking on the behalf of Ash, not Satoshi! (been sayin' this since Elite Trainer Raven came on...)

2) Ash? Grow up?! Comon, I don't think anyone really wants to see him grow up. To me, it's Ash's current attitude that keeps me lulled to the show and I'm pretty sure that others would agree (don't hurt me!) If he does grow up, though, he's either going to start dating girls if he hasn't become a Pok?mon Master/Champion yet. Otherwise, he's keep at it.

1) Satoshi and Ash = same person

2) A lot of people want to see him grow up. You opionion is just that an opinion

BTW Elite Trainer Raven happens to make some of the best posts on this site.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven happens to make some of the most annoying posts on this site is more like it.
    I cant believe some of you bow down on his feet just because he uses Japanese names and watches the Japanese show (so do I). He's just an obsessive otaku with nothing better to do than give sane people like us split headaches. Gawd, if I used Japanese names and spoke in a certain way, I bet people would worship me.
    Ash does have some romance in his head.
    Ash is and will always be gay, as well as hot for Richie.
    Ash would more likely be bisexual because he's blushed at girls before like that girl Giselle. He may be in love with Richie or Misty or (I highly doubt it) May. But we may never know with the way the show has been.
    I think if Ash wants to go with Misty he can but if he grows out of her, he WILL go to Richie.

Years
    totodile said:
    1) Satoshi and Ash = same person
    I beg to differ. Ash and Satoshi have different personalities, therefore, they can't be the exact same person. Just because they're counter-parts of the same person doesn't mean that they are the same! Same thing with Misty and Kasumi. Because they are the same person doesn't mean that they are the same! If I can recall correctly, Elite Trainer Raven and I talked about how Misty and Kasumi differ. Misty has shown what we call 'love' towards Ash. However, Kasumi has shown little, if at all, any kind of affection towards Satoshi.

totodile said:
    2) A lot of people want to see him grow up. You opionion is just that an opinion
    I didn't mean to offend anybody! That's why I added 'Don't hurt me!' in perenthesis! That shows that I wasn't that serious!!!

totodile said:
    BTW Elite Trainer Raven happens to make some of the best posts on this site.
    I never did say that Elite Trainer Raven made any bad posts. In fact, I completely respect his posts, always reading them carefully. He seems to be extremely knowledgeable about the Japanese version, whereas I don't. He probably also analyzes the English version as well as his signiture implies.

Crystal Clair said:
    Elite Trainer Raven happens to make some of the most annoying posts on this site is more like it. I cant believe some of you bow down on his feet just because he uses Japanese names and watches the Japanese show (so do I). He's just an obsessive otaku with nothing better to do than give sane people like us split headaches. Gawd, if I used Japanese names and spoke in a certain way, I bet people would worship me.
    Hey! There's no need to flame others! Geez, as I said, I'm not knowledgeable of the Japanese series, but I do know some differences. Elite Trainer Raven just explains it to me and many others.

Crystal Clair said:
    I think if Ash wants to go with Misty he can but if he grows out of her, he WILL go to Richie.
    Man, you got a wierd mind if you think that. (no offense to those who actually are asexual!) Like I've said before, since the majority of the world doesn't believe in asexual relationships, there's no way Ash would ever go out with Ritchie. (spelling from Pok?mon Puzzle League if you're curious) If the producers actually did that, there'd be quite a lot of angry people out there, hurting their ratings horrendously. Of course, I don't try to flame anybody, not even asexuals. I try to make peace, although it doesn't seem to work all the time...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Right now Ash is at an age where he just wants to have fun, he doesn't need girls or love or whatever.

Years
    Elite Trainer Raven happens to make some of the most annoying posts on this site is more like it.
    I cant believe some of you bow down on his feet just because he uses Japanese names and watches the Japanese show (so do I). He's just an obsessive otaku with nothing better to do than give sane people like us split headaches. Gawd, if I used Japanese names and spoke in a certain way, I bet people would worship me.
    That was sort of uncalled for. =/

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Wow O_O do you realize just how immature, wrong and not to mention off-topic you were there?
    Excuse him for having more knowledge about the stuff he mentions <.<

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'm sorry T_T But he bugs the crap out of me. I warn you, I'm just like Misty, first I'm a hothead and then I cool down. Besides that's what I think.
    Coughwhoknowsifhesjustlyingcough
    I mean I hear him say things about stuff and when I see that stuff, I dont see what he said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Heheh, it seems you're acting a lot like Misty right now, too......

Anyway, Ash is going to have to go for Misty. I don't care too much about how May feels (I doubt there's as much love there, anyway) or where this "Ash & Richie" stuff is coming from (no, I don't watch the japanese episodes), but Misty is Ash's first LOVE, and yes, he shows affection towards her on multiple episodes (the end of the Maiden's Peak episode comes to mind...) and it's blatantly obvious that she loves him. With the way most animes end, they're going to definitely get married.

SIDE NOTE: When they get married and have kid(s), what kind of trainers do you think they would be, or would they?

articuno_trumps_all

LeagueShipper,#1Richie-Fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    Ichapokemr said:
    ...Heheh, it seems you're acting a lot like Misty right now, too......

Anyway, Ash is going to have to go for Misty. I don't care too much about how May feels (I doubt there's as much love there, anyway) or where this "Ash & Richie" stuff is coming from (no, I don't watch the japanese episodes), but Misty is Ash's first LOVE, and yes, he shows affection towards her on multiple episodes (the end of the Maiden's Peak episode comes to mind...) and it's blatantly obvious that she loves him. With the way most animes end, they're going to definitely get married.

SIDE NOTE: When they get married and have kid(s), what kind of trainers do you think they would be, or would they?

Where is the Ash+Richie stuff coming from!?!? Every episode with Ash and Richie in them!! I don't remember many episodes with Ash and Misty engaging in pillow talk under the stars while tracing ONIX constellations in the sky. Plus the two are just cuter together.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    That just mens they're friends. It has nothing to do with relationhips. Besides, we never see what Ash and Misty DO do at night......For all we know, they might be having major conservations while tracing every pokemon in the world from the sky!!!!......Or other things...

Years
    Let's not go that far there, Ichapokemr.

Hey, if the sky's clear, I'd try to find the Pok?mon constellations. However, I doubt Ash and Misty would talk very long during the night as knowing Ash, he'd just be bored of long talk, and Misty seems to be a long talker if she wanted to. Ash would just slump into dreamland.

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    -I don't think he'll be having that sort of a relationship for a while, like everyone said he is to busy trying to achieve his goals.
    -I myself see Ash getting married to Misty when he's older. They have a very strong relationship. They have cute hints to support that Ash and Misty like each other.^^ At the end of the series(if there's an end to the series)they might show what happens.
    -When they get married and have kid(s), what kind of trainers do you think they would be, or would they?
    I see them maybe having two kids, one taking after Misty's love for water pokemon and the other wanting to catch them all^^

Years
    I'd have to agree with you on that one dqle... in the previous pokemon seasons such as Kanto and Johto when it came to the night scene Ash & Misty would sleep in one tent and Brock would be in the another tent

The only time i have seen them talk to each other before going to sleep is in Episode 193:Sick Days of course the only exception to that was Misty and Ash had their sleeping bags lined up beside each other

Besides they are too young to have pillow talk conversations before going to sleep perhaps we might see that happen in a future series where they are grown up and traveling together alone

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I think that Ash/May needs to grow up more to start out love but hey thats my opion.
    *gets killed by other*O.o

Years
    Gets killed by others?

Nah, I wouldn't kill you! (of course, if you did say this about a year ago...)

I respect that people believe that Ash and May belong together, and I have no trouble believeing it as more hints are starting to appear that they like each other, most noticably the latest episode that involves the tag battling.

Robert0427 said:
    when it came to the night scene Ash & Misty would sleep in one tent and Brock would be in the another tent
    And when did Brock ever supplied tents?! Before the Hoenn Region, I never saw Brock use tents at all! And I only saw Brock use his tent once. And only once since it looks like Corphish sorta tore it up!

And Misty sharing a tent with Ash?! Somehow, I don't believe it.

chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
    Years
    Personally, I have made this reason as to why he's so blunt to love; (It's my opinion, so don't get all *****y about it if you disagree)

If we follow the story (even though it may not be true, but it seems reasonable) that Ash's father left to train his Pok?mon when Ash was very young, then Ash has been left home all alone with his mother with no male rolemodel, correct?
    Then Ash has never been revealed to see his parents show affection to eachother, therefore he cannot be sure what's love, what's like, and what's just plain respect.
    Perhaps his mother haven't even told him about love. But then again, boys up to their tenth year will mostly run away screaming if the topic comes to surface.
    And because his father wasn't around, then there haven't been a chance to have a father-to-son chat which gives Ash yet another minus.

The fact that Ash thought that Gizelle was pretty was a first impression. I personally see it as a way for the animators to show just how pretty Gizelle was. Besides, Ash immediately lost any interest for Gizelle, after she began insulting him and his Pok?mon (mostly Pikachu) so it didn't really have any special meaning anyway.

But since Ash has been brought up only by his mother, seems to me, that Ash is used to a female taking care of him. Therefore, I believe Ash will feel extremely arkward to show any sexual interest in any female because of his mother. He probably still feel insecure because he didn't know other than his mother of females. Why I believe this, is mostly because before he met Misty, the only female we know of is Ash's mother. Otherwise, it had been Prof. Oak, and Gary we for sure know that Ash has met in his childhood. And they're not really females, now are they? :P

IMO, Ash only want to be friends with everyone because he knows nothing else. The reason why Ash shows concern for May is probably because she shows insecurity. And throughout the years, Ash has learnt how to take care of himself, and since his mother had shown concern for him, then that's the only way he knows of helping others. I believe that that's also why Ash gets jealous when Misty shows romantic feelings for others. He doesn't know what it is, but he assumes that it's friendship feelings, therefore he gets angry that he isn't prioritated as the best friend, since he and Misty had been together for such a long time. He gets disappointet if you may.

Ash shows "motherly feelings" for others, hence why he's so concerned for Pikachu. When he got Pikachu, then it wasn't love (as some shippers may claim) then he probably felt like he recieved a child to take care of.
    If we assume that it was only Gary Ash knew off (and their relationship in the early years wasn't exactly the best) then Ash probably didn't have much friends, since Pallet is such a small town, therefore he hadn't had the chance to explore what a real friendship is.

He only knows what his mother had shown him, and that's what he uses.

That's why I also believe that when Ash has these talks with friends he has encountered, then it may seem romantic, but it isn't from Ash's side, since he knows nothing of romance. He may ask about dreams, thoughts, and other deep questions, but that's because he believes that that's how a friendship is.
    And that's also how some friendships actually are too.
    As some may have noticed, then he continues to ask deep questions about dreams, and thoughts, but never about love.
    Therefore, we must conclude that he has no interest in this.
    However, he is interested in other people's feelings. Why?
    It may be curiosity, interest in a deeper friendship (and do not twist this to be a romantic relationship because there are several levels of friendships) or perhaps he wants to see if the person has some problems so he can help (being the helpful being that he is ^^)

And some may also remember the episode where Brock freaks out on yet another girl, and he comments "Good grief, I hope I'll never be like that" shows just how scared he is of actually encountering love.

But then again, who wouldn't be scared to be like Brock?

However, since Ash does ask some questions about love, then it must mean that he is curious about it. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he's interested.

I can't say how Ash will be when he's older. If he continues to be around Brock, then I personally don't believe there's much hope. Not that I hate Brock, but his behaviour is just plain frightening for such a young teen like Ash.
    Heck, I'm disgusted at how other girls keep having their crushes, and begin crying if it doesn't pull through.
    So it's reasonable.
    But who knows? Perhaps somebody (male as well as female) shows Ash the right way of love for him to understand and interest in. But only time will tell ^^

White_Winter_Wolf

Sasuke's Female Reincarnation!
    Years
    I don't think Ash will be with anybody in the end. He cared for pokemon more then girls and he's kinda dense(No offense Ashaholics,). I also don't really care for shippings, unless they're humor, Like thinking Jessie is Officer Jenny or Misty thinking Richie is Ash. That would be funny.:)

Years
    Very good response, chatsy! Very interesting theory, and it could be true.

However, if Ash were to have been heavily influenced by Delia, then why doesn't he ever bring up the issue of his dad? If their relationship was horrible, then I could understand as to why Ash wouldn't be interested since all he saw to a relationship is fighting. Also, if people were brought up by one gender, wouldn't they show some interest by the other gender if they have no clue what they are like?

Ash feels very strongly towards friends. As he probably never had much of any friends while he grew up, like you said, chatsy, he doesn't want to lose any that he has gained. He's also very, if not overly protective of them because I think he doesn't want them to feel like Ash did in his years before becoming a trainer.

I do agree that Ash is very dense in the head. Even now, he still can't pick up on anything romantic. His first priority is to become a Pok?mon Champion/Master and then maybe something else. If he does anything that may seem romantic, he doesn't have a clue.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Just because I continuously disprove everyone's theories about these shippings somehow makes me annoying? Please. I'm not an obsessive otaku. If I were, I'd be the one saying that Satoshi needs a girl because the anime male lead just ALWAYS has to have a girl. ;) Btw, I use the Japanese names because they're the ORIGINAL names. I don't like the idea of switching to Americanized names. That's like taking someone named Akira, telling them their name is too Japanese and renaming him to Ted. It's just stupid.

Crystal Clair said:
    Ash does have some romance in his head.
    Yeah. Because we all know when a guy stares blankly at people in love and questions what's going on shows that this guy's got plenty of romantic ideas in his skull. ;)

Back