• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash is red's dad?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Has anyone noticed that in this Pokemon season the kalos season ash is wearing the same hat as red does in the game some people think red is maybe ash's dad but what if it's the other way around think about it ash finally fulfills his dream of becoming a Pokemon master and Gary went into Pokemon research remember so what if Gary is the new professor oak of pallet town and green/blue is his grandson. This is pretty logical ash gives red the hat before he leaves or dies or whatever happens then red starts his journey what do you guys think

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is a nice headcanon, but whether you mean Red in the games or in the pokespe manga, they are separated canons and Ash doesn't exist at all in mangas that include Red afaik. And the only game he almost is in, is Yellow, where in that case there is no Red since Ash takes his place.

So while it's fun to think about things like this, I don't think they intended for Red or Ash to have any correlation more than being different versions of the same basic hero.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    I see where you're coming from maybe the Pokemon creators never intended for the game and anime to link but maybe just maybe after all the theories on red being ash's dad they decided to make it the other way around and put them in the same timeline the games taking place after the anime this could be possible it has some plot holes but can be expanded upon in the Pokemon community I've recently suggested this to the youtuber ProtoMario

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I want to chime in on this a bit but not sure if I am correct or not, the main character or not was actually Ash, except for 1, on some when I started the games it asked me if I wanted to started as "Who Ever" don't remember, as I always picked my own, "Derek", there was not ever that I remember being Ash and certainly not ever a "Red", only meet him on top of Mt. Silver, so I don't think that was every the intentions there.

Years
  • While I think it's an interesting idea, the fact that none of the Gym Leaders or anything change between the games/manga/anime, it leads me to believe that they aren't related at all. Red and Ash could definitely be counterparts in an alternate universe type scenario, seeing all of the similarities between the two, but it's pretty unlikely that they're from the same timeline.

Years
  • Nah, Ash started out as Red's counterpart, and as the anime went on it became clear that he was his own character, but the Anime and games/manga are all separate canon.

Plus, Ash has been 10 for a long time, it'll be another decade or two before he has a kid. :P

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • To throw a plot twist remember When ash and Gary left pallet they were two other trainers who left with them , prof oak used to mention it all the time . Since Gary took squirtle I'm guessing green took bulbasaur and red took charmander lol

Honestly I just think they're are the same person but different realities
    RBYGSC red is gen 1 Ash any ways

Years
  • Plus, Ash has been 10 for a long time, it'll be another decade or two before he has a kid. :P
    C'mon, we all know that Ash is never going to have a kid. He may travel the world, have thousands of battles, and see every legendary Pokemon there is to see, but he'll do it all before his 11th birthday (which should have been about 15 years ago, but eh, who's counting?).

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • C'mon, we all know that Ash is never going to have a kid. He may travel the world, have thousands of battles, and see every legendary Pokemon there is to see, but he'll do it all before his 11th birthday (which should have been about 15 years ago, but eh, who's counting?).

Ash has achieved more than all of us as a 10 year old. He'll probably achieve more than us if he lived in real life.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    To throw a plot twist remember When ash and Gary left pallet they were two other trainers who left with them , prof oak used to mention it all the time . Since Gary took squirtle I'm guessing green took bulbasaur and red took charmander lol

Honestly I just think they're are the same person but different realities
    RBYGSC red is gen 1 Ash any ways

Well Gary and green are actually really similar they are pretty much drawn the same but yeah they were other trainers who left pallet town in the anime

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Well Gary and green are actually really similar they are pretty much drawn the same but yeah they were other trainers who left pallet town in the anime

Unless we're still talking about Pokespe as well in which case blue and gary aren't really like green. Maybe at first but after that he's a lot more mature than them. Of course I haven't seen gary since that episode outside giovanni's gym(haven't watched anime in a loooong time O_O) but I have seen blue in gsc and he's still rude. I would like to think he'd miss his rival who was away on a friggin mountain but instead he insults red D:

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Unless we're still talking about Pokespe as well in which case blue and gary aren't really like green.[/S]

Well blue and green are the same exact person just named differently here in the U.S. oppose to Japan where this all started but like I said what if Gary become the new professor oak of pallet and green/blue is his grandson idk i thought this was interesting when I came up with it and I'm not linking the manga with the anime I'm linking the anime with the games

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Well blue and green are the same exact person just named differently here in the U.S. oppose to Japan where this all started but like I said what if Gary become the new professor oak of pallet and green/blue is his grandson idk i thought this was interesting when I came up with it and I'm not linking the manga with the anime I'm linking the anime with the games

He's the same person but I was talking about his adventure counterpart compared to his game counterpart, who, yes, is just as different as his anime counterpart. In fact, in the games Gary is a name under his default list, so technically he has all three names then.

It is a very ihteresting theory, but the timelines don't seem to match to me.

BladeMaster51

Squirtle Squad aint got nothing on my crew
    Years
  • Oh yes the best trainer and the first to complete the Kanto Dex is the son of a trainer who caught 30 Tauros and has failed countless except beating a few worthless team rocket who never give up. Yes ash won what 2 leagues? He didn't even win the Kanto league. I don't believe the theory. Sorry if I seemed rude

Back