• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    first of all, i HIGHLY dought that everything happens day after day. second of all, some episodes last more then one day. third of all, there are plenty of instances where they mention a lapse of time. for example, when Ash and Misty got out of the viridian forest, they said that it had been two weeks. although they only had two episodes in the viridian forest.
    Okey mybe not exactly but you get a good idea

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Considering Ash's sudden puberty [voice actor change in reality] I'd say around 16 to 15.

The VA in Japan hasn't changed and really doesn't matter even if it did change. Just because the VA change in an animated series, it means exactly nothing to the animated character.

It certainly doesn't mean anybody else in the show aged, nor did it mean that the Scorpion aged when his VA changed in that Spider-Man series back in the 90s.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My brother is 10 years old, and is significantly shorter. When I was 11, I was about as tall as Ash around Jotho if reference points don't fool me.

However, at this time. It has to be that he is delaying puberty. It may sound strange, but it just may be a possibility based on evidence. I don't the writers will directly reveal this you know.

We need to bring out of the question that Ash is 12 or younger for sure.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    He left on his journey when he was 10.
    He's traveled through every region he's gone through for at least a year, except for the Orange Islands. Kanto + Johto + Hoenn = 13. Maybe. Maybe half a year(?) for Orange Islands - 13 in a half. Now he's in Sinnoh. He's been there for at least a few months, but it might have passed his birthday, which they never celebrate, so most likely 14 by now. Though, in the Manga Red(Usually considered Ash) is 16 when he finished his journey. He may most likely be 15 now, and turn 16 at the end of his Sinnoh adventures, and for all we know so far, he might be done with his journey entirely, when he finishes Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    he actually left his journey when he was actually 10...
    I don't know how old he is now? maybe he's just like peter
    pan. A kid that never grew older. In my opinion.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    He left on his journey when he was 10.
    He's traveled through every region he's gone through for at least a year, except for the Orange Islands. Kanto + Johto + Hoenn = 13. Maybe. Maybe half a year(?) for Orange Islands - 13 in a half. Now he's in Sinnoh. He's been there for at least a few months, but it might have passed his birthday, which they never celebrate, so most likely 14 by now. Though, in the Manga Red(Usually considered Ash) is 16 when he finished his journey. He may most likely be 15 now, and turn 16 at the end of his Sinnoh adventures, and for all we know so far, he might be done with his journey entirely, when he finishes Sinnoh.
    In the pokebeach interview it revealed that the people in japan didnt even know his voice was changed in america and that there will be more generations after this

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    It's an anime, a kids anime at that. So far the only thing that has changed about Ash is his clothes and his American Voice actor, he's still 10 as far as I can see. I honestly don't think real world logic works here.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Erm, He is 15...? Every season he gets older, that's what I always thought.

Years
    Each league takes about a year to complete so I'd say:

Kanto: 10
    Orange: 11
    Johto: 12
    Hoenn: 13
    Battle Frontier: 14
    Sinnoh: 15

If you'll notice, by the end of Kanto there was an episode where somebody (it was either Ash or the narrator) said he was 11 (I think it was one of the beach-related episodes) so apparently by the end of each league he has already aged another year.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    Ash still is 10. And in my opinion, Ash's female friends look older than 10. They look more like 13 or 14 but have small stature. Brock doesnt look 15 like some sites say, especially since he talks like an adult.

And some days last several episodes, like the arc episode. One gym batlle could happen in the morning and the filler following it in the afternoon.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No no people. He MAY look like 10, but IS he?

WE have to consider reality, not all puberty goes by at the age of 11.

Otherwise his voice would probably sound like ZP Theart's. :\

Years
    I'd say around 13-15. He no longer has the OMG, look at my pokemanz, theyll bet u garry. He got more mature as time went on, so id say , 14-15.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    He's 10. end of. always has been, always will be. For those saying that he's 14/15, don't you think we would have seen some kind of physical growth? I think all of his female companions have been said to be 10 as well (though misty only said this in the original japanese). Brock...I'm not sure if they've ever told us his age, but I'd estimate at 15. possibly a very mature 13 or 14.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    No no people. He MAY look like 10, but IS he?

WE have to consider reality, not all puberty goes by at the age of 11.

Otherwise his voice would probably sound like ZP Theart's. :\

Yea but I remeber his voice getting rougher before Diamond and Pearl.

Back