• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Dad???

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Alright I have heard alot of diffrent theries about who is actually Ash's dad, but i dnt kno witch one to go with. please give me your thoughts an why.......

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    In the Anime?
    I have no clue...I can't recall him ever being mentioned and they're probably just gonna ignore this fact... -__-
    Not that it matters in the long run...

Years
    I don't think Ash really does have a dad. I know/think there has been references in the games, but.. for one I know its not Oak or Giovanni. I just know it. That would just be sketchy.

Years
    It goes the same for Lyra/Ethan and Dawn/Lucas. Maybe the Pokemon world has a high rate of prostitution??

Or deadbeat fathers. :P

The best I can think is that Ash never met his dad, as most children who have their father walk out on them at an age they can remember have abandonment issues etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    From Bulbapedia: "His father was never introduced. The anime suggests that his father was once a Pokémon Trainer who began his journey in Pallet Town, but it is unclear whether he is still living. An interview with the series' storyboarder confirmed Ash's father is a Trainer on his own journey. According to the same storyboarder, Ash's father may or may not be introduced in the series, depending on its necessity to Ash's further maturity and development as a Trainer"

And I'm PRETTY sure in an episode where Ash comes home for a short time (EDIT: I don't quite remember which) his mom makes reference to his father.

Last edited:
    Years
    I remember in RBY in the Department Store, they say something along the lines of "That looks like the TV Dad got me!" Or it says NES/SNES I'm not really sure.
    Yeah I believe that with the Anime though. Game-wise who knows though.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    I remember in RBY in the Department Store, they say something along the lines of "That looks like the TV Dad got me!" Or it says NES/SNES I'm not really sure.
    Yeah I believe that with the Anime though. Game-wise who knows though.

In
    RBY the main character is named Red, not Ash.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This thread again?! WRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!!

You know what, screw this. Ash's dad is Chuck Norris. I give up. That also explains why Ash never dies. There we go. Two stupid theories with one very, very hard stone.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Ash's dad is a trainer on a Pokemon journey too and and Ash will have to face him in a Pokemon battle at the final stage of the Pokemon league in a Region we don't know yet. We will also find out that the Ho-oh that Ash keeps seeing belongs to his father who sends it out to check on him every now and again.

None of this is fact, just my own little theory.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I wouldn't be shocked if his dad walked out shortly before he was born. Fathers walking out has been a recurring theme in the show for awhile now. I remember it happened to Brock at first, and a few other minor characters.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    Alright I have heard alot of diffrent theries about who is actually Ash's dad, but i dnt kno witch one to go with. please give me your thoughts an why.......

I think he's been referred to by his mom, but Ash's dad is a complete and utter mystery...an unsolved one at that. But in most of the games, your dad doesn't even exist, so...that'd make some sense...I guess. And, yes, I know your dad's a gym leader in R/S/E.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    His mum makes a reference about his father in the second episode. She said she was suprised he got through viridian forest so fast and she said it took his a whole day or somthing... i got the episode on VHS :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Let's get somebody to do a brilliant post, and some mods turn it into a sticky?

I'm sure you guys just wait til the month is up on the last thread before making your own....

....if Ash disappears at the end of Sinnoh....he'll either meet his dad, or win the Sinnoh League, I reckon

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I always assumed that his father was a famous pokemon trainer who worked far away or something. I mean, Ash's mom never seemed to work, so they had to get income somehow (unless Ash's mom was living on welfare or had a large family inheritance).

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
    I honestly doubt we'll ever figure out who Ash's dad is. I'd like to believe that his dad was some sort of pokemon, or shape-shifter... I mean, he's totally superhuman (surviving any explosion/fall/shock, jumping over canyons), and has this connection with the pokemon. It makes sense...

two more parent-related mysteries I'd like to bring up:
    Gary Oak's parents
    Roark's mom

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back