• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

INFOWARRIOR56

Conspiracy Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2008
    One of the big mysteries in the show is the identity of Ash's father. That one is right up there with the GS Ball. Some say that it is Ho-Oh, citing the obvious relationship between Ash and Ho-Oh.

Others claim it is Giovanni, because of the Japanese love for "Star Wars", which had the most well known use of the "Bad guy turns out to be the good guy's father" thing, as well as the short-lived "Pokemon Live!", where Deliah (Ash's mother) admitted to having an affair with Giovanni.

Others claim it was Lance, because of the similar eyes/hairstyle and numerous apparent 'hints' in the series.

Others prefer to think it is the Narrator.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I think Ash's father died when Ash was really young.
    That makes the most sense to me.
    but when did Ashes Mom say she had an affair with Giovanni.!$#
    0__0
    I'm looking that up right now.
    Cause, I cant believe that they would say that on pokemon!

Years
    I think that Ash never got to meet his dad because they got divorced, and the dad thought he was a mistake.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    it only makes sense that its giovanni.
    the final episode could be ash vs giovanni and be an epic battle.

and no , its not professor oak cuz that would just be wrong
    and its not ho oh lol how can it be a bird xD

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2008
    oh yea sure darth vader... its george.w.bush how do i know? i asked him yesterday. pass it on. Ash's dad is george.w.bush! its amazing!

lol lol lol lol lol... well i think ill ask his mum... john howard!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    This thread... >_>

Anyhow, released in Japan was a novel that filled in some plot points about the Pokemon anime. And in it, it was said that Ash's father is a trainer that's somewhat good at training, but has yet to make a name for himself. So he's out traveling and battling, trying to be the best.

Aside from Japan's love of Star Wars making Giovanni seem like a possible choice, the "wandering trainer" is the better explanation for the identity of Ash's father.

And Mr_Cash, there's a four word/twenty-five character limit on posts. There's more that could have been added onto your post, and in fact, that post of yours is spam since it adds nothing to the topic. Don't post spam and be below the limit.

trivium

pokemon trainer
    Years
    i think that ash could be like that darth vader in star wars you know like he doesnt have a dad, but that doesnt really happen does it? i think it may be giovanni but also it could be that girl in the 3rd movie with entai, that could his sister making her dad his dad two, or they could be step brother and sister, well wouldn't it be funny if it was george bush, or even better, Elmo, wow i can actually imagine that, lol!

finleymon3000

i liek mudkipz and darkness
    Years
    I think Giovanni seems a more likely choice, but anyways, here's a little story plot I've written:

In the final pokémon movie or something, Giovanni confesses to Ash that he is his father and gets persuaded to join Team Rocket, but Ash has to battle for his freedom, forcing him to evolve Pikachu. Ash is on his last pokémon with 1 HP when Nidoking is about to rip Raichu apart, when Ho-oh flys to the scene and takes out Nidoking with Sacred Fire, and whisks Ash and Raichu away from the scene.

When they arrive at a huge cliff above the clouds, Ho-oh explains to Ash that he is the reincarnation of his biological father, and Giovanni was just trying to get him to join Team Rocket. Then Ash, Ho-oh and Raichu fly away, never to be seen again :D.

Years
    As outragous as that sounds,I wouldnt put it past them to do something like that.Ho-oh will play some important role in the show/movie.He is afterall the only legendary pokemon who hasnt starred in his own movie yet.But i wouldnt be surprised if they went all Star War and had Giovanni say "Ash......I am your father"

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    as well as the short-lived "Pokemon Live!", where Deliah (Ash's mother) admitted to having an affair with Giovanni.

When did this happen? O_O

I always assumed he died. Or that Ash's mom reproduced asexually.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Well I think his dad is dead -_- But the wandering trainer theory makes sense! His dad was mentioned in episode 1 when he was in viridain city and his mom said your dad would be proud! I also think if his dad is still alive then he has some sort of relation to Ho-oh!

Years
    one quick paint job later...
    Ash's Father

Sorry guys, I'm just not buying the ho-oh thing.

At first i was liking the Giovanni idea, but after reading through, the Ash, I am your father seemed kinda dumb. That's never stopped the Pokemon people before though...

And the wander trainer is OK, but i think ash would have heard from him, unless he was like, too ashamed to come home, but that's Brock's story.

But then again, don't you think if Ash didn't know what happened to his father he would have asked more questions? Or maybe he just doesn't care. So why do we?

Years
    That Ho-oh/Delia picture is hilarious^^ But I dont think that it has anything to do with Ho-oh.I still think that its either Giovanni...or a random person who has no role to play in the show.And for all we know...Giovanni could be...I dont think Delia knows who the head of Team Rocket is,well in the T.V show at least.So maybe it is Giovanni...thye never said when Ash's father started his journey.All I remember is that Delia said it took him a few days to get to Viridian City.But they never give us an actual date or anything like that.

So maybe Giovanni left when he first met Delia (back when they were teens)then once Gio had gotten to Viridian City..he told Delia where he was and that was the last time she talked to him.Then he got involved with Team Rocket and became the boss.But thats just a theory

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moderator edit: Please use appropriate language in the forum ~ Unown_
    User edit: Eat me.

This'll get closed soon...or something will happen to you.

Sorry guys, I'm just not buying the ho-oh thing.

WHOA.

Neither am I. I stand by what I said earlier.

I think the most logical explanation is that his dad died.

Edit:

Maybe this will solve your problems.

Last edited:
    Back