• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Strongest/Weakest Pokemon

tough

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    What Pokemon of Ash's do you think are his strongest or weakest pokemon in the anime.

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
    Years
  • Well, if you mean just the Best Wishes series, I'd have to say Scraggy is his weakest. Strongest would have to be Pikachu, obviously.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Well i say Charizard,Sceptile,Bayleef,Staraptor are his strongest pokemon.

The ones here are Torkoal,Noctowl,Glalie,Torterra are his weakest pokemon.

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Pikachu should be at level 216 by now, so it would be pikachu, considering charizards flying weakness, id say pikachu might be able to beat him. Even though charizard dominated blastoise.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Ok, I range my answer from Gen I-Gen IV since B.W isn't done yet.

Strongest PkMns: Charizard that's for sure, I might go with Sceptile, Infernape as well. His Heracross was good, it had power, As much as I love Staraptor and his Power, I wish they demonstrated more. But seriously, I think Staraptor was his strongest regional bird.

His weakest could be: Torterra since it had no WINS. Though technically torterra is generally good, he didn't get much time to show himself. I do agree with Torkoal being...weak. The others were OK to me, they pass the average.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The strongest for me would have to be between; Bulbasaur, Sceptile, Infernape and Torterra. Torterra a tough (pardon the pun xD;) choice, but even as a Torterra proven it's strength, I've explained it a little more if you look down though.

I'm not too sure about Scraggy, so I'm going to rule it out due to being in the latest series and we'll probably see it develop more. It's quite strong though considering it just learnt Hi Jump Kick and took down that Mandibuzz.

Ash's weakest Pokémon would probably have to be one of those 30 tauros. I mean he hasn't used every one of them, so there hasn't been much development there. xD;

There are some interesting choices here, though I wouldn't say I really agree with some;
    His weakest could be: Torterra since it had no WINS. Though technically torterra is generally good, he didn't get much time to show himself. I do agree with Torkoal being...weak. The others were OK to me, they pass the average.
    It isn't a totally different Pokémon, it had wins as a Turtwig and Grotle. ._.

I don't know why you all keeping putting down Mr. Terra. It may have been handled a little bad by the writers as a Torterra, but it's like you've all forgotten about Turtwig and Grotle. It even put up an amazing fight again Tower Tycoon Palmer's Rhyperior. They're are plenty of other Pokémon Ash has had that haven't had much development n' such. Torterra was anything but weak.

It put up a fight against a Registeel. I wouldn't call that weak.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    The strongest for me would have to be between; Bulbasaur, Sceptile, Infernape and Torterra. Torterra a tough (pardon the pun xD;) choice, but even as a Torterra proven it's strength, I've explained it a little more if you look down though.

I'm not too sure about Scraggy, so I'm going to rule it out due to being in the latest series and we'll probably see it develop more. It's quite strong though considering it just learnt Hi Jump Kick and took down that Mandibuzz.

Ash's weakest Pokémon would probably have to be one of those 30 tauros. I mean he hasn't used every one of them, so there hasn't been much development there. xD;

There are some interesting choices here, though I wouldn't say I really agree with some;

I don't know why you all keeping putting down Mr. Terra. It may have been handled a little bad by the writers as a Torterra, but it's like you've all forgotten about Turtwig and Grotle. It even put up an amazing fight again Tower Tycoon Palmer's Rhyperior. They're are plenty of other Pokémon Ash has had that haven't had much development n' such. Torterra was anything but weak.

It put up a fight against a Registeel. I wouldn't call that weak.
    Torkoal did put up a good fight against Registeel.But Torkoal is still a weak pokemon.

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
    Years
  • Guys, guys, be nice, sheesh, anyways, you shoudnt classify pokemon as weak or strong, every pokemon is a good pokemon! Tough, Charizard was a very strong pokemon, but it also rarely listened to ash, Pikachu is tough also, but has his weak points, too, infact, scraggy has some hi points also! And tough, if you want peoples opinion on things you shouldnt say leave, and fireworks, you shouldnt have said what you said either, it came across as rude to tough, now E-hug and make up!

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Guys, guys, be nice, sheesh, anyways, you shoudnt classify pokemon as weak or strong, every pokemon is a good pokemon! Tough, Charizard was a very strong pokemon, but it also rarely listened to ash, Pikachu is tough also, but has his weak points, too, infact, scraggy has some hi points also! And tough, if you want peoples opinion on things you shouldnt say leave, and fireworks, you shouldnt have said what you said either, it came across as rude to tough, now E-hug and make up!
    Yeah this take me back,Charizard used to disobey Ash all the time and use to used his Flamethrower attack on Ash all the time.

Scraggy is weak because of him still being a baby,but he did learn a new attack Hi Jump Kick so he still got time to get stronger.

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Snorlax is being overlooked in here, but then there's that Charizard. It's a tough call though, but since I saw more of Charizard, I'll choose to go with him, though if they pit a battle against each other it could well end up with a tie.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Strongest would be a tie between Sceptile, Charizard, and Infernape and his weakest would probably be Buizel.

legendarypokemon

Years
  • And youve got to remember butterfree here too! She was a good addition to his team, but Scraggy is still a baby so of course he'll be weaker! But sewaddle was a weak poke, but he evolved, I just cant wait till he catches or sees victini

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It isn't a totally different Pokémon, it had wins as a Turtwig and Grotle. ._.

I think it's cause people aren't look at Torterra overall resume. Yea he lost to Volkner Electivire wasn't exactly a pushover, neither was Paul Drapion. Heck Paul Drapion plowed through Ash and took out Buizel and Staraptor. One thing that would detract from it is where are the Ground attacks? Next time we see it I hope it utilized a move like Earthquake.

And youve got to remember butterfree here too! She was a good addition to his team, but Scraggy is still a baby so of course he'll be weaker! But sewaddle was a weak poke, but he evolved, I just cant wait till he catches or sees victini
    I don't see the writers having him catch a legendary tbh... And he has already seen Victini in Movie 14.

I'd say the strongest is probably Charizard as it proved itself to battle against the best opponents. But hey if we want to play the same card as Torterra I could say well it didn't do any better then Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu against Brandon.

I'd say Snorlax and Sceptile come in close seconds followed by Pikachu.

As for his weakest atm Scraggy, yes it beat a Mandibuzz as previously mentioned but it has a long way to go battle development wise.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Torterra is the weakest pokemon of Ash's,because he didn't get a single win at all.

Squirtle,Bulbasaur,Charizard and Pikachu are the strongest pokemon hands down.

Snorlax and Staraptor,Sceptile all three are tied.

legendarypokemon

Years
  • I didnt watch the movie 14, tbh i dont think ive seen it on CN listings, will def watch it though! And Pikachu is very strong, with his electric moves, but losing to a level 5 snivy, no, i do not accept it!

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Torterra isn't really weak..Especially after reading Mew~'s Point of view. I mean if the writers wanted him to lose then what else can he do? Torterra, statwise is something powerful, its just that he didn't get in the right battle to earn a win. Trust me, if his Torterra makes a comeback, he is gonna start a winning streak just like his top PkMn.

I would have agreed if it was a different pokemon. One reason I differentiated Torterra from its Pre-Evos is because it changed dramatically. Its Speed was suppressed as it became a Grotle, later on, its Agility was too. However, its Defense was proven to be Solid. So, Torterra was so Different, BUT you convinced me that Torterra isn't really a weak PkMn of his team. Its not about his wins and such....its the writers choice not his Stat that make the difference..so....

Back