• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Australian Release Dates

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeh the release date for the au is june 7th.LOL only 49 days to go!!!

Where the heck did you get that from? If you could at least give a source I could link into it... although it's almost definitely a fake/placeholder date.

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Really? Then why not just buy the us version? Get it offline and you'll have it 2 months early.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Really? Then why not just buy the us version? Get it offline and you'll have it 2 months early.

Several reasons why not, Pal Park is highly unlikely that it'd be compatible with the European gba carts; European version of PBR won't be compatible with the USA's versions of Pearl/Diamond.

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Ohh right. That makes sense. Well I don't see why pal games take song long to be released.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Several reasons why not, Pal Park is highly unlikely that it'd be compatible with the European gba carts; European version of PBR won't be compatible with the USA's versions of Pearl/Diamond.

Actually, I'm going to prove you wrong with that. There's no reason as to why the Pal Park wouldn't work seeing as GBA carts are not region-restricted, and the Euro version of PBR is likely to work seeing as the wireless function of the DS carts are not region-restricted, as long as the DS's region matches the Wii's. Please refer to my Regional Differences thread for further information on importing.

Ohh right. That makes sense. Well I don't see why pal games take song long to be released.

There are multiple factors to take in consideration when taking a game to another region. One thing is Nintendo's policy in having every Nintendo licensed game to have 5 languages in it: English, Spanish, French, German and Italian. Now that alone takes quite. The second thing, seeing as the game is online, is to check compatibility with the European servers for the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. The rest is just insider stuff to see if everything's alright and if the game works fine, or if there are still some minor glitches to be taken care of.

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Ah that makes sense. Still, no one likes waiting. I've even called my friend at Gamestop and convinced him to open a few hours early on Sunday :laugh:

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Actually, I'm going to prove you wrong with that. There's no reason as to why the Pal Park wouldn't work seeing as GBA carts are not region-restricted, and the Euro version of PBR is likely to work seeing as the wireless function of the DS carts are not region-restricted, as long as the DS's region matches the Wii's. Please refer to my Regional Differences thread for further information on importing.

Okay...
    I guess you are right about the Euro version of PBR working with the USA P/D.
    But I'm not sure about the Pal Park yet.
    We'll see soon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Okay...
    I guess you are right about the Euro version of PBR working with the USA P/D.
    But I'm not sure about the Pal Park yet.
    We'll see soon.

Yeah, I can't prove anything as well. I've basing this off logic and some support from other members in such thread. I'll have to wait and see as well. =P

Years
    Where the heck did you get that from? If you could at least give a source I could link into it... although it's almost definitely a fake/placeholder date.

i cant give a source. its just what it said in the eb games cataloge. i preordered my diamond version today aswell and the guy said the ppl who preordered theres might get it a few days earlier.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
    Release date for Australia set at June 21st 2007.

That is indeed correct, I called NoA and asked them if they could notify me about a posibility on releasing the release date over the phone - same answer, June 21st. Gamespot has also got it reported.

Let the countdown begin!

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Omg....I went to buy Diamond today and found out it hasent been releashed yet -_- dammit i read somewhere it was releashed on the 22nd of april

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Omg....I went to buy Diamond today and found out it hasent been releashed yet -_- dammit i read somewhere it was releashed on the 22nd of april

That's the US release date you have there. D/P has already been released in the US.

Japan - Already released last year, September 28th, 2006
    US - released only two days ago, April 22nd, 2007
    Europe - June 30th, 2007
    Aus - June 21st 2007

It's interesting that Aus gets it before Europe does xD

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    Hey fellow Aussies, don't know if anyone has already said this but Gametraders have had Diamond and Pearl in store since April 28. They're obviously imported copies from America but they've got the Aus classification stickers on the wrapping. Not sure how many stores of Gametraders there are around Australia, or how many copies they'd have left around though.

When I bought it they were selling them for $74.95 so $5 more than the retail when it finally comes out, but not bad for 2 months beforehand. Probably cheaper than importing it yourself too.

Back