• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Australian Release Dates

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Yep, that's when it's released...in America. Australia's release dates do not parallel America's.

no... in Aus it comes out on april 22nd. i even saw a little commercial about it... and besides! i could go on lay-by at the american time! anyway, it does get released in the same time as america/Aus. but in US, it is already out T_T

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    no... in Aus it comes out on april 22nd. i even saw a little commercial about it... and besides! i could go on lay-by at the american time! anyway, it does get released in the same time as america/Aus. but in US, it is already out T_T

No sorry, once again, your incorrect, here are the release dates:

America: April 22nd 2007
    Australia: TBA (To be announced)
    Europe: TBA (To be announced)

It is out in Japan though, ONLY Japan.

If it was already out in America, no-one would be talking about the release date. (Seriously sometimes I wonder how you get this info)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    According to the IGN website, the release date for Europe has been put to June 1st 2007, but still no sign of a confirmed date for Australia.

IGN uses that date as a placeholder. No official release date has yet been confirmed.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Maybe, but is it actually legal to do so?

yes, it's legal. There's no reason why it would be illegal. Australia actually has some kind of law or statute that region coding is unlawful, so I'm pretty sure all games and systems sold within australia are region free.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Well, this might not directly be related to Australia, but it's still good we're slowly getting to where we want to.

Apparently, as PPN has reported here, the European release date is finally here!
    While I've yet to receive a press release from Nintendo themselves, and I can't seem to find the game on NoE's games database, this date might actually be credible.

Do note that there is still great room for speculation, as we haven't heard anything official from Nintendo yet.

I just wanted to post this here since PPN actually reported it, so we never know, but this might be the real, feasible thing.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Well, this might not directly be related to Australia, but it's still good we're slowly getting to where we want to.

Apparently, as PPN has reported here, the European release date is finally here!
    While I've yet to receive a press release from Nintendo themselves, and I can't seem to find the game on NoE's games database, this date might actually be credible.

Do note that there is still great room for speculation, as we haven't heard anything official from Nintendo yet.

I just wanted to post this here since PPN actually reported it, so we never know, but this might be the real, feasible thing.

Great, at least there's something to look forward to now.
    If it's not June, it could be July or August, I don't see NOE releasing P/D beyond August.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Great, at least there's something to look forward to now.
    If it's not June, it could be July or August, I don't see NOE releasing P/D beyond August.

Yeah, to be honest I'm quite surprised as well; I was expecting a release date of around September or so. That's why I'm not too confident of what Amazon has to say. But hey, the sooner the better, right?

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Yeah, to be honest I'm quite surprised as well; I was expecting a release date of around September or so. That's why I'm not too confident of what Amazon has to say. But hey, the sooner the better, right?

Yeah and also according this https://n-europe.com/releases.php Pokemon P/D are due to release sometime in Q3. Which may mean July, August or September, any of those months.

Pokémon Diamond Q3 2007
    Pokémon Pearl Q3 2007

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Well knowing Nintendo, it will be the latest date possible. Remember, Smash brothers was meant to be one of the Wii's launch titles... Too bad pal ds can only run pal games, or else you could have just ordered it overseas.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^Uh... that's not true at all. The Nintendo DS is not region-locked, and you can import D/P whenever you feel like it. Please refer to my "Clearing Up the Confusion on Regional Differences" thread, in this same board.

Years
    ZOMFG!!!! I cant wait 2 months!! I've heard soo much about it, i want it NOW!! 2 more days for the amerikanz!! Meh... around the 23rd, the english version will be all over the internet... So all i'll have to do is.... Get Torrent!! (i still cant be bothered downloading..)

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    DS = not region locked. My friend has a Japanese copy of Pearl, works fine on his English DS.

Anyway, if it's anything like the last couple of releases, Europe's gonna get D/P about October. Australia's probably gonna be about the same time I'd think, maybe earlier since it's closer to Japan.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Anyway, if it's anything like the last couple of releases, Europe's gonna get D/P about October. Australia's probably gonna be about the same time I'd think, maybe earlier since it's closer to Japan.

Umm... obviously you've missed the announcement. Europe release date is June 30th.

Back