• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Auto-logout adjustment

Papa_Squat

Roleplay Guru
Years
  • I've got a question:
    How do I lengthen the time it takes for the site to automatically log me off because of inactivity? Right now the site is logging me off every few minutes. It is irritating because if I write long posts I have to log back in again and again. Is there some sort of setting I can adjust?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I don't believe there is a setting for this. The server needs to be able to kick inactive people off in order to process the site for those are are active.
    To my knowledge, this should only occur after 15 minutes of inactivity from the user. However, I suppose I could be wrong on that exact frame of time.

In order to save yourself from logging in multiple times, why not just click the little box by your user name that states "Remember me?" That way, your post should still process even if you have been booted off.

Hope that was helpful to you.

Edit: Beaten by Sir Went with his superior knowledge. :o

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    well, if you are writing a very long post and you feel that writing it took you quite some time, open notepad and copy your post and paste it in notepad before clicking the post comment button.

Papa_Squat

Roleplay Guru
    Years
  • Thanks for the help guys. It didn't feel like fifteen minutes between log-offs, but I was probably imagining things :P
    Anyway, thanks again and I'll try opening that 'who's online' window in the future.

Back