• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Bending Tournament [OOC] RATED PG

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Now I think I'm done.

Name: Rayne Vala

Nation of Origin (Air Nomads, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation): Air Nomads (Western Temple)

Bending Style: Airbending- Rayne is a master airbender. She excels in making the air she controls into wind blades. Her speed is unmatched and she's even faster when she accelerates her movements with her airbending. She's also very deadly with a sword, but she only uses it in extreme moments of need. Another thing is that she can control the earth slightly with her airbending.

Appearance: Rayne is a carefree person and is very energetic. She prefers not to spend much time on how she looks. She ties her shock of white hair back in a messy ponytail and puts on her clothes hastily so she can get outside and start moving. Standing at 6' 2", she's much taller than most people she knows, but she's very light, weighing in at 124 pounds. She wears the traditional Air Nomads' clothing, but she wears the clothes given to the younger monks. That's because she's an outcast of the temple. She was too stubborn to become a monk and left. Her clothes are a splash of lavender and grass green. However, she doesn't wear shoes.

Personality: Rayne looks and acts as if she doesn't have a care in the world. She jokes around a lot and is almost constantly moving. She's made many friends, but she's lost almost just as many because she would never get serious when it wasn't appropriate to be joking around. She talks to everyone who'll listen and doesn't attack her. However, she doesn't want to see anyone hurt when she's not fighting. She'll help out anyone injured or in need, even if she had struck them down. Her attitude completely shifts when she's fighting though. She'll become very creative, but she loses her happy-go-lucky attitude and becomes very serious.

History: Rayne was a typical Air Nomad. Born and raised in the Western Temple, she learned airbending at a young age. She didn't like the way she had to pray everyday, but she sucked it up. She made many friends, but then lost all but two of them. Those two were eventually lost as well. She was able to deal with it until the day she became a master after completing the 36 levels of airbending. She was proud of herself and really happy that she was able to master it at fourteen years of age, but then she started to regret it as she had less time of her own. At sixteen, she couldn't stand it anymore and ran away using a variation of a technique she invented.

Eventually, when she got to the mainland, she decided to get a job for herself. This was one of the few times her common sense was greater than her attitude. She became a waitress for a restaurant and slept above Ba Sing Se on another variation of her technique. She's seen many different kinds of people during her time as a waitress, and one of them recommended her to try out being a mercenary. She became a mercenary at night, and she was good at it, but she never killed her targets. All she did was bring them back to who hired her and gave the victim to him/her.

One day, while serving some food to some customers with little funnels of air to move the plates, she overheard two people saying that there would be a tournament in the city. Excited, she pulls them over to her with her airbending and asks them for more information. They respond in shock that it was going to be soon and she decides that she will enter.

Miscellaneous: The technique Rayne invented to become a master has several variations:

-Air Block: Basically, she compresses the air to form a semi-solid block of air. You can stand on it for a bit before you sink through it.
-Air Block: Bed: Same as Air Block, except it can last for at the most twenty hours. It's also much softer.
-Air Block: Trampoline: Also like Air Block, but it's very springy and bouncy. It allows anyone to jump pretty high. It can last for ten minutes at the most.
-Air Block: Grid: Unlike the previous three, this one is a technique used primarily for fighting defensively. It's harder than steel and is in a grid-like pattern. Also, it can be turned sharp to make the opponent wary.
-Air Block: Grid Slash: A variation of a variation, this time, she slashes out with her fingers to make a grid-like block of air that's sharp. Instead of staying in place, it moves forward and cuts up almost anything in its path.
-Air Block: Wire: As its name suggests, it's a wire made out of air.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
1) I've decided to add one more slot for bending style!

2) I've accepted Loki, yoshikkko, Rednael, Supervegeta, The Final Watchman, First Snow and d4rka8isz as official members of the RP. ROM Dinner I like your entry but I don't really get what Tsuki is. I might be missing its explanation in your sign up so forgive me if I'm blind. It's an anthropomorphic creature? Can you explain it a little more for me?

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
1) I've decided to add one more slot for bending style!

2) I've accepted Loki, yoshikkko, Rednael, Supervegeta, The Final Watchman, First Snow and d4rka8isz as official members of the RP. ROM Dinner I like your entry but I don't really get what Tsuki is. I might be missing its explanation in your sign up so forgive me if I'm blind. It's an anthropomorphic creature? Can you explain it a little more for me?

Tsuki is like his guardian pet, just like Appa and Aang. It's a combination of a leopard and a fox ( just like in the series where most animals were crossbreeds) , and yes it is anthropomorphic. He'll be like a training partner for Shin and will help him along the Rp.

PS: It's Romdinner :P

Years
Name: Drakow

Nation of Origin: Fire Nation (Sun Warriors' Ancient City)

Bending Style: Fire and Lightning.

Appearance: Is 5'6 and weighs 67kg. Has fairly developed muscles. Wears a pair of dark, leather, fingerless gloves. Has a pair of shades which completely conceal his eyes. Tanned skin with jet black, short length hair. His black, leather trench coat finishes at his kneecaps, and the collar conceals most of his facial features from a side view. Within this coat there are a few concealed pockets for keeping the most important valuables close at hand, such as his wallet for example. Generally his coat is not buttoned up - as his katana is mostly concealed within his coat - for quick draw. Carries a backpack to keep other essentials in.

Personality: A true seeker of power and a man of grand ambition with an even greater imagination to boot. He traverses upon the fine line of genius and insanity (though probably leans towards the latter). His blood boils quickly but can simmer down equally as fast. He despises being ignored above all else. He can be easy going and seemingly friendly at times but often this is just a projection for the sake of interacting with the rest of society.

History: Born into this world blind, life was never easy on young Drakow. Due to his impediment, his parents decided to send him away to the ancient city where one of the fire bending masters could guide the boy and give him a purpose in this world.

From the age of five, his training began. It started with fairly straightforward exercises such as walking across thin beams and very basic movements. As the blind youth aged, his training intensified and became harsher, more fearsome than anything he could have possibly imagined. Drakow didn't know at the time but would soon realize that his master would turn his curse into a blessing. Throughout the years, he was also provided with a basic education and eventually Drakow had become an exceptionally skilled martial artist and had gained a proficiency at wielding a katana. His training had also given him the ability to move more confidently, without a guidance stick. He had sparred against his Sensei many times and he was soon able to fight like a natural. He had undergone training where he would simply have to walk from one end of a room to the other. The trick was that there were lots of pillars in the way. Initially Drakow would only take a few steps before smacking his face into one of these wooden pillars. Eventually he learned how to judge distances with his mind alone. There would be times when he would be in a barn and his master would swing bags at him from the top of the barn. These bags would oscillate like pendulums and the idea was for Drakow to avoid getting hit for as long as possible. Drakow figured out how to use his ears to detect the almost soundless projectiles and soon mastered the art of evasion.

In recent years he was introduced to the style of fire bending, once his master had noticed the teenager had a great potential for bending. Unlike his previous training, Drakow got to grips with the art of bending swiftly and made good progress over time. On his eighteenth birthday, Drakow received a black dragon from his master which he named Van'Dalgyon. Drakow was told that the Dragon specialized in Lightning based bending which is a branch from Fire bending. Drakow expressed his eagerness to learn how to channel Lightning and so his training progressed further. He spent the last few years getting to grips with Lightning bending as well as learning how to fly and fight on his dragon. During this period of time, Drakow's fire bending turned into a black colour, which his master noted and informed his blind student. The master did not know of the significance of such a change if any though.

By the time he was an adult, the blind fire nation man had become a force to be reckoned with. His training was complete but now Drakow questioned himself. What should he do now? Almost as if in response, he heard news of a tournament being held in the fire nation with a reasonable sum of money for first place as well as entry into an even greater tournament. He bid his master farewell and entered the tournament.

After many battles, Drakow was crowned the victor of the tournament and has now set his sights - figuratively speaking of course - on the grand tournament. He wishes to face even greater challenges, surmount them and attain ultimate power.

Miscellaneous: His fighting style is mainly swift and relentless without mercy. His attacks are almost as fast and precise as a fiery bolt of lightning. His black flames consume and devour anything they touch. His lightning lays waste to any that stand against him.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
I have always wanted to do one of these RPs. I present Gowad the Airbender

Name: Gowad
Nation of Origin (Air Nomads, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation):
Republic City, Air Temple Island

Bending Style:
Spoiler:

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Miscellaneous:
Gowad's voice box does not work. It prevents him from speaking, so he can only communicate using writing or sign language.

EDIT: Just noticed the above poster. If he wants to have the spot then I might be able to write a new SU on Wednesday.
Changed my SU to an airbender.

Last edited:

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Tuxedo, I'M A GIRL.

Anyway, I'm going to be busy soon (it IS Easter Eve, technically), so I'll probably have my SU first worked on when Monday comes, since it's my spring break.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
woops, I do that far too often. Does this mean you want the waterbender then?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I'm taking out my reservation as an Airbender. I decided that I didn't really want to do an Avatar RP right now. Tuxedo, if you would like to be an Airbender, you may have my spot.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Don't worry, there is still a spot open I think. I won't have any spare time until tuesday at the earliest though.

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Well I'm not sure if there's an extra spot because I only skimmed the entries, but if there is I'd LOVE to reserve it please.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
There are still several spots left. I believe two Airbenders and an Earthbender are still open. I'd like to start by next Sunday if that's fine with everyone?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I think that'll work for me. How active is this RP going to be, by the way?

Cid

Years
I'd like to reserve for an Airbender spot, please. I'll try to have the SU done by the 11th.

EDIT: Today's the 11th and I almost have my SU finished.
But wait, if Tuxedo Clank wishes to be an airbender, then I'm not sure if I can still use this SU.
Any bending art would be fine with me, honestly. Maybe someone can enlighten me with which spot I can have?

EDIT2: Don't mind my last two lines up there. Thankfully, Luke has informed me that my SU is still valid. :)
My SU shall be finished very soon. That is, I only have to convert the outlines into actual readable paragraphs, post the SU here then call it a day.
To answer Luke's posts, I am okay with starting this Sunday. I shall do by best to keep up with your standards.

I'm pretty excited.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Changed my SU to an airbender so that juniebug can have the waterbender.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Alright all spots are currently reserved/filled. Beegu I will PM you if a spot opens.

Just letting everyone know I have high standards prepared for this RP. Beyond having as much fun as possible, I want high quality posts, characters and interactions. If you don't think you can keep up with this, please let me know. :)

Cid

Years
Name: Tessho

Nation of Origin (Air Nomads, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation): Air Nomads (Southern Air Temple)

Bending Style: Airbending – Tessho is far from being an exceptional airbending master. His fighting style needs space for two reasons: he prefers long-ranged attacks and he has little skill in hand-to-hand combat, not to mention his low endurance, effectively making him very vulnerable at close range. To counter this weakness, Tessho relies on dexterity, evasive movements, escape maneuvers and his skill with his glider staff, aiming to tire out his opponents. He largely relies on airbending skills for offense and defense, and this can go against him because he is not on par with most airbenders experienced in fighting. As a special attack, his novel airbending technique, which earned him his status as an airbending master, is creating a vacuum tornado by manipulating air currents in a special way to disperse out of thinning air and produce vacuum. This technique requires some charging and is quite difficult to both maintain and control, which means it doesn't always follow an intended trajectory. Tessho mainly uses it to suffocate immobilized opponents, for mobile ones can easily get out of range and proceed to overpower him with a flurry of counterattacks. However, the tornado's edges can still be damaging, and possibly draw opponents into the vacuum.

Apart from his bending, Tessho is also a skillful archer, has keen senses and freely incorporates airbending techniques in his archery to increase firing range, speed, precision and strength. His arrows can be very hard to see when enhanced, and Tessho varies its movement with airbending to make it hard for the opponent to dodge or deflect. As a contrast to its strength and precision, his archery is mainly used to incapacitate his opponents, rarely for killing. Moreover, he has limited arrows, and even though he can repeatedly and simultaneously fire arrows, the arrows cannot penetrate strong defenses. He still tries his best to be resourceful in any situation, using his surroundings to his advantage.

Appearance: Although he gives the impression of a lean man at 5'9" and 145 lbs, Tessho has fairly firm arms and a sturdy chest, more so compared to other airbenders. His skin tone is also a relatively darker tone in comparison. Both of these odd characteristics are largely due to his training in archery, albeit he partially inherited the latter from his father. In contrast to his trained body, Tessho is relatively frail and can be susceptible to sickness, another trait inherited from his father, and also seen in his older brother's long-term illness. This causes him to occasionally become weak and incapable, especially when he is pushed to his limits. He has been trying to improve his condition to an extent, but his endurance is much less than others' even after all his efforts.

Calm and collected, Tessho looks unfazed judging from his face, this characteristic kept even in battle. He has dark brown irises, thin eyebrows and short, wavy, dark brown hair which he eventually allowed to grow ever since he left the Southern Air Temple. It has not been long since he acquired his tattoos symbolizing his airbending mastery, so having them recently shaved caused his hair to only grow up to a short length. In effect, only the four light blue arrows along his limbs are uncovered, the fifth trailing onto his forehead being partly covered by his hair. Aside from these, he also has dark red tattoos covering his eyes that narrow over the bridge of his nose, with two spots above and below it, a mark donned by all Yu Yan Archers from which he trained under.

Tessho's stay with the Yu Yan also gave him the habit of wearing a dark brown headband around his forehead, with a light brown triangular design in front, the headband matching his mask-like tattoo. However, the rest of his clothes are typical Air Nomad clothing of orange and yellow hues, including his brown boots, for he personally finds the attire more flexible for his bending. He is also usually seen carrying a glider staff. At times, a bag of arrows can be seen strapped on his back, along with a bow that can be firmly placed near the arrows. However, Tessho only brings them when he deems it fit to use archery in battle.

Personality: Tessho does not put up a friendly face towards strangers. However, he has a naive side most evident when he is with people close to him. He respects his elders and can be very appreciative and thoughtful. He can also act unintentionally awkward to other people's humor when caught off-guard. His rarely seen naiveté shows his personal quirks reminiscent of Air Nomads, which is fitting, considering he got these traits from his mother. Unlike other Air Nomads, however, Tessho is alright with fighting and does not try his best to avoid it like most of them. He knows that it is an inevitable part of the world and accepts how people can be forceful and power-seeking. The only thing he particularly doesn't like about it is that he hates being reminded of his own weakness, and fighting airbenders not only make him think of how contradictory it is to the Air Nomads' customs and morals but also sees himself as a weaker version of his opponent, aggravating him in ways that has made him lose more than once.

However internally turbulent he may be at times, the usually calm exterior seen by others is what Tessho is known for. He was almost always alone in his life, and he was taught to contain his emotions from the world and focus on what he has to do. However, his depression is still evident when he momentarily experiences emptiness. He may try hard to always act coolly, but the other side of him becomes evident when he is at his most vulnerable. Moreover, Tessho can be too aloof, unintentionally pushing people away even when they offer their help. He is not good with words, and he would fancy observing his surroundings over speaking his mind. He can also be angered if mocked, even jokingly, of his airbending skills, instances that completely contrast his calm exterior. Yet, amidst these things, he tries his best to open up because he has seen how people can be kind to him from his experiences with the Yu Yan Archers.

History: Born in the Southern Air Temple, Tessho was a unique case. His mother was an airbending master from the Eastern Air Temple, and she served as one of the few teachers to the few female airbenders there. On the other hand, Tessho's father died from illness shortly before Tessho was born. Devastated, the mother stopped teaching, left her first son to the sister monks' care and went to the Southern Air Temple to seek comfort from Yeshe, her brother. That was when Tessho was born. Soon recuperating, they all returned to the Eastern Air Temple, where Tessho spent his early years under the watchful eyes of his uncle. Unexpectedly, Tessho discovered airbending at an early age, and this impressed Yeshe, preemptively. His brother was never an airbender like him, though, and to further complicate things, soon began experiencing the same sickness which took his father's life. This was a source of sadness for Tessho, for he was very close to his brother growing up, even forming a strong sibling rivalry before he discovered his bending.

As a cruel twist of fate, Tessho was immediately sent by Yeshe to live and study airbending at Tessho's birthplace, with Yeshe himself as his airbending master. The years he spent there being away from his family left him distant from most people. The world was not kind to him; Tessho was forced to be resourceful in his bending because, although he was inhumanly good at precision, he was far from being exceptional anywhere else at the start, which left him behind other benders his age. In addition, Yeshe constantly nagged him of his below-average skill in airbending, which caused Tessho to blame his dead non-bending father. Nevertheless, Tessho's resourcefulness was evident from the unconventional skills he devised.

During his teenage years, Tessho got tired of his uncle's remarks and constantly failing to master the 36 tiers of airbending, even though he was actually a pretty formidable airbender already. He left the Southern Air Temple and headed north, almost risking a loss of the spirituality necessary for bending. Eventually reaching Pohuai in the north-western part of the Earth Kingdom, he decided to join the Yu Yan Archers. To his surprise, the colonel commanding the group was impressed with him enough to let an airbender like him join the group. He trained there and familiarized himself with the world, improving in discipline, learning archery and arbitrarily incorporating his own style into the art. His fighting style flourished here, and his influence was evident in how the Yu Yan itself improved as a troupe. For a long time, Tessho stayed there until he became strong enough to go back to practicing airbending. He eventually engendered his signature vacuum technique after much practice, basing this technique from the vacuum-like properties produced inside the popular air scooters back at the Southern Air Temple. With this, he bid farewell to the Yu Yan and went back to the Southern Air Temple.

Realizing the technique's novelty and his own improvement, Tessho was finally acknowledged as an airbending master by Yeshe. However, that was his only exceptional airbending technique. Most of the techniques he mastered are already known by other intermediate airbenders. This did not bother him, however, for he was informed that his brother's condition was getting worse. From then on, he frequently went back to the Eastern Air Temple to see his family. His brother's condition bothered him, and he was informed that there was no cheap cure for his sickness. But still, he continued his training and decided to take a few high-paying jobs, but hearing about a large tournament made Tessho sign-up to it immediately. He knew it would provide enough opportunities to test his growth and worth, but more importantly, he hoped that the fortune would be enough to buy his brother a cure.

Miscellaneous: Tessho loves any kind of fruit pie. He is also skilled in Pai Sho, and after being granted master status, also meditates in his spare time. He has never experienced snow, nor has he been close enough to the poles to be familiar with the cold atmosphere. He also has a docile messenger hawk named Nobu, which he met while he was with the Yu Yan.

Last edited:

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
I have to remove my reservation as I'm too busy to go online very often and therefore I don't think that I will be able to keep up.

Back