• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Awaiting Platinum

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    I live in Europe, and I pre-ordered Platinum from Canada a couple of days ago!
    I can't wait 'til I've got in plugged into my DS! The site says it'll be shipped March 23:d, so I guess I'll have it like a week after that or something. And also, it's cheaper for me to import the game from Canada than to buy the EU version in stores!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Honestly, to me the game Isn't as exiting as it was back when it was first announced.
    It's actually to the point where I don't know if I'm even going to buy it on day one. but I guess I'll get it just to see improvements from DP.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I've already got it pre-ordered =]

Can't wait til the 22nd!

I'm looking forward to the (apparently) newer storyline
    New Pokemon added to the Sinnoh dex
    Distortion World
    New GTS
    Another Pokemon game in general? Woo!
    etc etc etc

Come on, two weeks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2009
    Guess I'll have to import it then... But I'm still just as excited as I was for D/P

Vie

Years
    platinum is going to be a totally new experience to me. I want to get the english version (I would have to wait about 1 year otherwise), so the names are new to me and thats probably a bit funny.
    I wonder how to get the legendaries and I hope that there are many new features and minigames. diamond was awesome, so platinum has to be the best pokemon game ever seen. =D
    yay!

Years
    I never get bored of Pokemon so ,, I REALLY can't wait another day for Platinum xD
    I'm playing my Pokemon Leaf Green for the third time now ! and I didn't get bored of it yet xD
    Platinum will ROCK with the new cool features ^^ .. we'll all enjoy it ^^

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I am going to be mr mood killer. While the E4 should be harder it isnt. It gets toned down a bit but then gets a level boost for a second round where cynthias garchomp is level 81. Yep level 81.

Vie

Years
    what if you think Platinum is really good, but when you get it, its not all that.

I hope it's not like that at all...
    The disappointing stuff are mostly the new pokemon...the younger the generation is, the uglier are the pokemon. Like they just draw anything, for the sake of drawing. :'( Best example: rotom's new forms and stuff like bidoof. -.-'

Lady | GaGa

<b.l.i.s.s.e.d>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    I expect nothing new. Except catching Giratina. And if you really want to know, just obtain a copy of the Japanese Pokemon Platinum. I know people who've clocked it already. Who aren't Japanese.

Years
    From Bulbapedia:

The legendary birds can be found as roaming Pokémon after the National Pokédex is obtained. They roam Sinnoh much like Mesprit and Cresselia do. The player has to talk to Professor Oak in Eterna City to trigger their appearance. They are all at level 60.
    Cynthia now gives the player a Pokémon egg containing Togepi after the player has defeated the Galactic Eterna Building.
    A man in Veilstone City gives the player a level 25 Porygon as a gift
    Because Bulbapedia has always been reliable, I'll take these new changes in Platinum as factual. The fact that Togepi and Porygon are obtainable early in the game makes me extremely excited. I like the idea of having Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres in the game, as well (despite the fact they're an absolute pain to catch). I also heard there's a few mini games in Platinum, which seems promising. I honestly can't wait for it to come out!

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I am very excited for Platinum, I have it reserved already and I can't wait! After so much playing time on D & P something new is always great.

Years
    Because Bulbapedia has always been reliable, I'll take these new changes in Platinum as factual. The fact that Togepi and Porygon are obtainable early in the game makes me extremely excited. I like the idea of having Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres in the game, as well (despite the fact they're an absolute pain to catch). I also heard there's a few mini games in Platinum, which seems promising. I honestly can't wait for it to come out!
    It is factual. I've played, I know.
    And, yes, I do have it reserved as well at my local Gamestop! :D! Exciting!

Lady | GaGa

<b.l.i.s.s.e.d>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    Well, if there are all these new features, then sign me up! I didn't know we could catch the legendary birds! I think its because all the people now want out with Nintendo's policy of buying extra games to finish the Pokedex. It's slowly working. The legendary birds weren't that hard to catch in Pokemon FireRed anyway. They were a breeze.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    And if you have that regigigas that was given away and send it to platinum you can get the regis. The game is packed with trios actually. Except one. The jhoto trio. Im not going that road so leave it the hell alone. Anyway yeah its more packed then you think. Even the graphics got a major holt a good example is to go to serebii.net go to that map thing that they made and go to each sinnoh location to see the diffrences. I just love it and i know actually owning it will be better.

iReign

Banned
    Years
    I heard from Bulbapedia that Magikarp is now one of the lowest leveled wild Pokemon, but it is also the highest. Somewhere in the resort area if you use a Super Rod, you have a chance of getting a Magikarp from Level 1 to Level 100. I hope I get a level 99.

Back