• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awesome Limited Edition Pokemon T-shirt!!!

Years
    It's strange how "limited editions" seem to be unlimited in supply. Whether they come in some shiny package, come with exclusive extras, have a different look than the original product, are actually limited in supply, or just simply have a simple "LIMITED EDITION" slapped on it, do any of you strive to collect these coveted limited edition items? If so, tell us about your purchases.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    "If it's limited edition, buy it!"
    -Konata Izumi, Lucky Star

No, but seriously...

I'm not one for Limited Edition items. If I have the money to buy something, and it comes with wicked awesome stuff for just $10, than yeah, I'll spring for it, but I don't hunt down things just because they're "limited."

Also, I have the Limited Edition pack of Sakura Taisen V, which I think was every friggin' copy of the PS2 version.

Oh, and we had the limited edition gamecube a while back, which was legit Limited Edition.

The black one.

Whee.

But I think Limited Edition Lies are mainly targeted at hobbyists. Like anime fans. :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    No, I'm not really a collector. Mostly because it's just a waste of money though. If I had tons of money, I'd probably collect lots of stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    The less nonsense I buy, the longer it takes until I have to tidy the attic. So even if I would have the money, I wouldn't buy any of these things. And no, I wouldn't let anyone else tidy the attic for me instead, all the nonsense could be potentially embarrassing.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I will consider it. If its limited edition and truly amazing then yes, I will jump on getting it!

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Depends on what it is. I've gotten the collector's edition of Resident Evil, Fable, Bioshock, Fallout, Batman (to name a few) I get it because of the neat stuff and the cases are pretty cool. It can be a bit pricy but is worth is in the end

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't buy limited editions simply for being limited editions. In the case of DVDs or video games, they have to come with something extra for me to buy them, and the something extra has to be interesting enough for me to want. For example, I own the limited edition for Assassin's Creed 2 but I hated the extras for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so I didn't bother with it despite loving the series. :p

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I only buy Limited or Collector's Editions if:

A) I can find them for less than full price, and
    B) I don't have the normal version already

I like feeling like I got more for less, not more for more, or the same thing twice.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I don't ever really. The only thing I can think of that relates is collector's edition games or like releases with extra content. I specifically got the collector's edition of final fantasy 12, and ended up getting the same of White Knight Chronicles just because it was the only one at the store.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Collector's Edition. Instant get.

I collect that kind of thing. Even if it is way too expensive. Take my Gurren Lagann boxset for example. I would rather spend ~$180 than $80, just to get the nice box and the core drill.

dfgsdkmfgiwfk

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The only "Limited Edition" product I have is a limited edition collectors box for an anime series (To Heart). Unless it's something I'm really interested in, usually I don't bother with limited editions.

With that said, I'd sell my soul for a mint-condition 1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collector's Edition sedan. And yes, Buick/GM actually designated the '85 LeSabres "Collector's Editions". At least the "Limited" trim models.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't get special editions if they cost much more than a normal version, but if they don't, it becomes a case of 'why not', assuming of course that they actually are special. Art books in particular are nice to have.
    But, I won't get something just because it's in limited stock; and I never understood the thing with first edition trading cards.

Back