• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Graphics

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    The developers of Pokemon B/W did an excellent job. I'm playing through Pokemon White, and one thing about the game that I'm really impressed with is the graphics. The environments have much more depth and detail. The games have really come a long way. I can't wait to see how the changing seasons affect the look of the game.

What do you think of the Black & White graphic style?

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I definitely agree with Michael (I'm agreeing with myself? O_O"). The graphics are pretty much at their peak. How everything is redone is just jaw dropping.

Years
  • I'm more impressed with how much character they put into the battle animations... little things like Darumaka tucking his arms in and sitting there like a doll, or Scraggy pulling his shorts up over his whole body and letting them fall back down.

I like little stuff like that... but the graphics and environments themselves are nice too. Even the Routes feel like they have more character and depth.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • From what I've seen from the B/W YouTube videos (I don't have the games yet), the B/W graphics are incredible; they're a step above Gen IV's graphics.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • the graphics are good. My only complaint is when youre battling and your pokemon looked pixeled. anyone else notice this?

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • The graphics are awesome. I mean, the game actually feels 3D, unlike the failed 3D attempts they made at the 4th generation. The textures are great too, and I love how the Pokemon are animated. The games are masterpieces, and their graphics are pure art.

Years
  • I love the graphics. Castelia City :D
    But something keeps telling me that the graphic's aren't that much different from D/P/Pt...

-Totodile42

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • the graphics are good. My only complaint is when youre battling and your pokemon looked pixeled. anyone else notice this?

That's only on the Rom. Try playing it on the DS, and it looks fine.

I love Sky Arrow Bridge. I could run about on it all day :D

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I'm not sure what to say.
    But it's certainly better than Pokémon Diamond!

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • I really like them. I made the world feel more alive, no to say it felt more "real". Just everything had so much better detail and feeling to it or them; than previous handheld pokemon game.

I would mos def give this game 10/10. Wonderful. Nostalgic. Fun. Brilliant. Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I really like the graphics for the city's and the routes. I also like the small details of in battle pokémon. I can't wait to see the seasonal changes as well, I think it'll be really nice because it will set a certain feel to the game with each change. The cut scenes look great and I really love the intro when you first turn on the game actually. But, one thing I'm not too fond of is the back side of your pokémon when you battle. It looks weird. :/

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • The graphics are pretty much the same when it comes to the cities and towns, they just shifted the camera angle to make it look different.
    But I do like the battle animations a lot more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I love the battle animations the most. Battles look so much better and go much faster too

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I would say they are a HUGE step up as there have been not only upgraded, (Castella City and Victory Road being prime examples.) but also some graphical glitches have been fixed up, so they are certainly the best looking pokemon games (Excluding Battle Revolution) yet.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    The graphics are intense in this game (Castelia City, I'm looking at you), especially the way the camera pans around and turns allowing for a greater sense of scale.
    I also like the way that the new camera style allows for things like the curved roads in Castelia and the circular rooms in Dragonspiral Tower.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention the new, animated battle sprites; they make the whole experience seem more alive and dynamic.
    My only problem is the backsprites though. They seem to have designed them in such a way that you only ever see them non-pixelated is when the are initially thrown out and in the 'Dex. The other way around would have made a bit more sense, but it's not a big problem.

Back