• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B&W: How many Pokemon have you seen/caught so far?

Years
    Pretty much self explanatory-

How many Pokemon have you caught or seen in your copy of Black or White? Is anybody close to filling the entire National Pokedex yet? Anything memorable about any of those encounters? for example, any crazy catch stories?

My B&W Pokedex stands at 0. I'm waiting for a few more months, you see. xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've seen 201 and caught 67. XD

Last thing I caught was an Absol... which was a pain the butt. It broke out of so many Pokeballs, I couldn't believe it.

Years
    I've seen 201 and caught 67. XD

Last thing I caught was an Absol... which was a pain the butt. It broke out of so many Pokeballs, I couldn't believe it.

Haha is Professor Araragi all over you yet about your dex?

Absol has always been a pain to catch. xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Haha is Professor Araragi all over you yet about your dex?

Absol has always been a pain to catch. xD

Nope, she never was really. :o After seeing 130-some Pokemon, she gave me a bunch of TM's haha. That's about the only thing she did in regards to the Dex. :P Is she suppose to call or something?

Years
    Nope, she never was really. :o After seeing 130-some Pokemon, she gave me a bunch of TM's haha. That's about the only thing she did in regards to the Dex. :P Is she suppose to call or something?

Well, it seems in the past gens at least, the professors would call and berate you for not catching a bunch of pokes. xD Not hand out TMs. Makes her pretty cool though. :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Well, it seems in the past gens at least, the professors would call and berate you for not catching a bunch of pokes. xD Not hand out TMs. Makes her pretty cool though. :)

Oh XD haha, I never really had that problem because every time I saw a new Pokemon, I would usually end up catching it. :D All these previous Gen Pokemon showing up after the E4 are really going to help. I'm surprised at how many show up...

aaaand omg, not to get off topic... but my season just changed. FTW <3

Years
    Oh XD haha, I never really had that problem because every time I saw a new Pokemon, I would usually end up catching it. :D All these previous Gen Pokemon showing up after the E4 are really going to help. I'm surprised at how many show up...

aaaand omg, not to get off topic... but my season just changed. FTW <3

That's usually what I do, as long as I have Pokeballs to spare I'll catch whichever new one I see. :)

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Before I restarted it, I caught around 50 Pokémon and saw more than 100 ones. Now, after restarting it, I have caught 14 and have seen 29.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I don't even have my Pokedex yet, as I'm waiting for the U.S. game~
    But once I get it I probably will have a good amount of Pokemon in the Isshu dex.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay it isn't necessary to say you're waiting for the English version; discuss it in the Japanese/English version thread, or the preparation thread.

Only state how many you have caught/seen here - and discuss only that.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Seen 111 Pokemon, and caught around sixty. Latest catch or should I say 'fresh' would be Aianto, the iron ant Pokemon.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    On my newest save I have like 3 Pokemon caught lol and like 10ish pokes seen

zapdosa

GG
    Years
    I've seen 189 and caught 82. My favorite Pokemon has to be my Ononokus. It's level 63 right now and is absolutely amazing. My favorite non legendary Dragon Pokemon next to Salamence.

Ricochet Orange

The one who needed a new forum
    Years
    Seen: 65
    Caught: 28

One memorable one was Victini- Because it has an entire little island where you have to stop Team Plasma, and you get the chance to catch a lvl 15 Victini. It's sitting in a box at lvl 15 currently.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Caught two. Puppy (which I later turned into ShinyReshiram) and smugleafy

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    I don't know how many Pokemon I've seen... a bunch probably. As for how many I've caught, only ones I use. I don't catch anything that I don't actually use for battling or for HM slaving.

My current Pokemon are as follows (in order of capture): Jaroda; Hiyakki; Gamageroge; Pendora; Ishizumai; Mebukijika; Kenhorou.

Basically, all those are my team pogeys, except Hiyakki (which was given to me; I wouldn't have bothered catching one) and Ishizumai which are HM slaves (for some dumb reason, water monkey cannot learn Strength... -.-) Everything else I either ignore or kill for EXP points (like Tabunne >:3). Unlike other people, idc about Pokedex completion or any of that "Gotta catch 'em all!" nonsense. I only catch what I'm gonna use and/or train (in other words, my favourites).

Back