• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • On http://www.serebii.net/, Serebii just announced a large number of Pokemon legendary typings, including notably a pure-flying type, and a number of fighting-typed legendaries as well (and a Bug-Steel)

New gen also shall contain 156 Pokemon in it apparently.

• #633 to 635 are dark/dragon legendaries (likely the 'psuedo-legend' imo like tyranitar, garchomp, etc).
    • #638 = Steel/Fighting legendary
    • #639 = Rock/Fighting legendary
    • #640 = Grass/Fighting legendary
    • #641 = Pure Flying legendary
    • #642 = Flying/Electric legendary
    • #643 = Reshiram
    • #644 = Zekrom
    • #645 = Ground/Flying legendary
    • #646 = Dragon/Ice legendary
    • #647 = Water/Fighting Event legendary
    • #648 = Normal/Psychic Event legendary
    • #649 = Bug/Steel Event legendary

(Also Huin City has boats that takes you to islands but that's less cool info. ;p)

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Well if the info posted on serebii is accurate, we will be getting twelve new legendaries, which is too many in my opinion. They are starting to get obnoxious to obtain also. But those are just my thoughts.

That's still one less than the 13 that were introduced in GenIV. :P

I like that there'll finally be a fightiing- and bug-type legendary, but still no poison-type. D:

Dragon/dark is a unique typing and would make for an interesting pseudolegendary family. :D

Also, I'm calling it that the ice/dragon legendary will probably be the third version mascot. XD

all in all, this reveals quite a bit I must say. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Looks like a lot of people got the type combinations of their wishes:
    -Dark/Dragon (one of the more epic type combinations)
    -Ice/Dragon (another epic combination)
    -Finally; a pure Flying type! Wonder what it could be.

Also, it looks like Grass/Fighting, Steel/Fighting, Water/Fighting, Electric/Flying, Normal/Psychic and Ground/Flying are making a comeback.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Grass, steel and rock with /fighning types will probably be a set of 3 region representatives like articuno, zapdos, moltres, and the rest.
    Also add 1 more legendary....victiny :P

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • That's still one less than the 13 that were introduced in GenIV. :P

I like that there'll finally be a fightiing- and bug-type legendary, but still no poison-type. D:

Dragon/dark is a unique typing and would make for an interesting pseudolegendary family. :D

Also, I'm calling it that the ice/dragon legendary will probably be the third version mascot. XD

all in all, this reveals quite a bit I must say. XD
    Euh... Their ARE atleast 13. Victini wasnt on the list.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I bet the Dark/Dragon evolution chain will be the new pseudo legendaries and I bet the Ice/Dragon legendary is gonna be the third member of Reshiram and Zekrom's trio.

They should have made 157 pokemon instead of 156 so there would be 650 pokemon instead of a random 649.

Years
  • 156 new pokemon, bringing the total to 649:
    I am very happy to hear this! So many new Pokemon! This is the biggest increase ever! It even beats Generation I in numbers! This is awesome. This should mean there will be something for everyone, if they did it right...

3 event Pokemon:
    Oh thank God there wasn't a stupidly high amount. Anything higher than 5 would have had me angry. But isn't it technically 4 if you add Victini? I can live with that.

#633, #634 and #635 are a dark/dragon evolution chain:
    Dark and Dragon for the dragon family for this generation? I hope the dark side to them really does show in the designs. That would be awesome if #635 was really menacing and scary.

Hey! There is no mention of #636 or #637!! *curiosity overload*

#638 is steel/fighting:
    Eh, makes me think Lucario but I am sure it will be awesome as well.

#639 is rock and fighting:
    That's a first! I am very fascinated by this one!

#640 is grass and fighting:
    Only other Pokemon with that combination is Breloom! Considering Breloom is one of my favorites, I am looking forward to more on 640.

#641 is PURE FLYING:
    I sure hope this is not just a bird because it seems like all birds are normal/flying. Seeing as this has lost the normal type it should also probably lose the bird look a fair bit. Of course it will have wings but I dont want to just see a big bird...
    So happy about a pure flying type though!

#642 is electric/flying:
    Says Zapdos to me. Should be interesting to see how this pokemon will be different from Zapdos, similar to how 638 will be different to Lucario.

Reshiram and Zekrom are #643 and #644:
    No big deal

#645 is ground/flying:
    Naturally you would think that this Pokemon would be the third in the legendary trio but 646 is Ice/Dragon. A more fitting type.
    So how does this legendary come into play and how will it be different from Gligar and Gliscor move wise?

#646 is Ice/Dragon:
    This will make my friend squeal! He has always wanted this combination!
    Anyways, this seems more fitting for the third in the trio due to it's dragon part. I am looking forward to seeing the design!

-Event legendaries-
    Yawn. Designs is all that captures my curiosity considering I will probabaly never get these.
    However I see Victini is not mentioned here. I have so far been under the impression Victini is 000 on the regional and something more fitting in the national. Yet he is not mentioned here...
    Maybe they just didn't mention him and he is actually #650? I must know!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ I believe it's probably the only other legendary though unless the dex is really flunky/there's more pokemon that show up at the start of the dex (which I don't see happening). But hey, 13 out of 156 ain't so bad (better ratio than with gen 4 I suppose assuming that's all), and 3 are event-only anyways. (And I'm a believer of the 'if you don't want them then don't catch them' philosophy. ;p)
    I have so far been under the impression Victini is 000 on the regional and something more fitting in the national. Yet he is not mentioned here...
    Maybe they just didn't mention him and he is actually #650? I must know!
    Serebii on sppf mentioned soon after Victini is earlier up the dex, so wouldn't be number #650.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • For those annoyed about there being too many legendaries, I'll just do this comparison (# of legends in a generation:# of total pokemon in a generation):
    Gen I: 5:151 = about 1:30
    Gen II: 6:100 = about 1:17
    Gen III: 10:135 = about 1:14
    Gen IV: 14:107 = about 1:8
    Gen V: 13:156 = exactly 1:12

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I can't help but to be pissed that there is still no Poison - Type Legendary.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @Sora's Nobody: Clearly Victini is actually Tsutaaja and noone has told us yet.

I really like the typings - and 156 is a pretty good number. The pure flying will be interesting, which just makes me think Wooguru (even though it's not, but still). Dragon/Ice, expected, so yay.

And dark/dragon? :D! That is so awesome, really. Interesting that there are only four dragon legendaries, though (if I counted correctly).

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Pure Flying?!? Blasphemy!

...Seriously though, unlike most, I think it's good that they're introducing more Legends. Just as long as they don't try to make the father and mother of Arceus or anything, then that's all good. Also, on Victini, I'm pleased that it's not #000. Nothing replaces MissingNo., man!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • "#633 to 635 are dark/dragon legendaries (likely the 'psuedo-legend' imo like tyranitar, garchomp, etc)."

Yeah, and I bet people are gonna go crazy for those. Dark-types always seem to be popular with people, and with the added Dragon-typing, it should be interesting.

Personally I'm more interested in the Ice/Dragon type. :D

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Pure Flying?!? Blasphemy!

...Seriously though, unlike most, I think it's good that they're introducing more Legends. Just as long as they don't try to make the father and mother of Arceus or anything, then that's all good.
    Your clealy forgetting that they also could add Arceus siblings, uncle, aunt and maybe some kids. Ground flying? How? What i meant to say how would even question that? ... It's been done before.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • With no mention of 636 and 637, I think that they are Zorua and Zoroark, I may be wrong though.....

So, since there are 153 obtainable in game out of the 156 total, with 3 being event only, that makes Zorua and Zoroark obtainable in game (possilby from an egg given to you by someone), and one of these 3 mentioned on the bottom is ingame, not event, making the Water/Fighting legendary obtainable in game!

#633 to 635 are dark/dragon legendaries (likely the 'psuedo-legend' imo like tyranitar, garchomp, etc).

Aww, I was expecting Kibago to be the Dratini of the game.....

#638 = Steel/Fighting legendary
    #639 = Rock/Fighting legendary
    #640 = Grass/Fighting legendary

Sweet, we finnaly get Fighting type legends outside of Fist Plate Arceus!

#641 = Pure Flying legendary

And at long last, after 15 years of waiting, a PURE Flying type.....

#642 = Flying/Electric legendary

Clearly a Zapdos clone with better stats.....

#643 = Reshiram
    #644 = Zekrom

And we have these guys too!

#645 = Ground/Flying legendary

Water and oil don't mix, and neither do these types.....

#646 = Dragon/Ice legendary

And here is the mascot of Pokemon Grey Version

#647 = Water/Fighting legendary

I consider this one obtainable in game because Serebii said only 3 event Pokemon, and Victini counts as one of them.....

Well, at least that's one less event Pokemon from last generation.....

#648 = Normal/Psychic Event legendary
    #649 = Bug/Steel Event legendary

And we finally get a Bug legendary!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back