• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well not counting the Pseudos, the event pokemon AND the all mighty ZOR...
    that makes... 9 legendary pokemon :D

Legendmaster#1

Tamer of Legends
    Years
  • I think I'm gonna cry! It'll take up like three boxes to fit all the legendaries i have in the CP. Especially after these come out!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • This thread is so epic.
    Super excited for every Pokemon ! Mostly for the Pure Flying type and the last Pokemon (Bug/Steel). I'm pretty sure that the Bug/Steel type is our Mewtwo/Arceus/Deoxys ?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Copy Zapdos, the Gligar family, and possibly a few others (can't remember) why don't you?

God....well, at least we get bug, fighting, pure-flying, and no psychic...

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Hmm, wow. Dark/dragon? Did I accidently run into one of the designers and mention that those are my favourite types or what?

I'm stuck on whether or not I hope Serebii's actually got it right this time. I'm really loving the interesting typing, like you all are saying
    (pure flying! score!), but I'm also really annoyed about the sheer number of legenaries. Couldn't they have just made awesome
    /average/ Pokemon with these types? Maybe a couple to use in the metagame? I guess if they come up with good backstories
    for all of them I can forgive them a little; it's the only reason I accept the multitude gen IV gave us.

As for the repeat typings...I've already given them a little room on that because this region is so independent of the others that
    /something/ has to fill the similar niches filled by the Pokemon we're already familiar with. (If I could actually live in the Pokemon
    world...I might be intested in biology for once, especially for the sake of doing full comparisons between regions and our world.)

Dragon/Ice automatically struck me as the third version mascot. I'm hoping they'll pull more of a GSC moment and make the third
    something related to, but not a part of the same group as the original mascots. I agree that it would be quite pointless to add a
    third party in if they're going for a yin/yang theme.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • At first I was like "Wow that's a lot of legendaries!" Then I realized, it's pretty much the same amount as D/P/Pt, and there are more new Pokemon, so it's not as much in comparison.

The typing is what really interests me. I can't wait to see them and what they can do!

Ground/Flying reminds me of Gligar and Gliscor, they are my favorites! The pure Flying and Bug/Steel also has me interested.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Can't wait :D
    I love all the old pokemon but I still love to see new pokemon and 156 new pokemon is awesome!
    I think it will have a really fresh feel to it this game I hope their is bare minimum of pokemon from other generations, probably won't contact any previous generations with it either for a long time just really get the most out of it :D

Years
  • hmmmm

On https://www.serebii.net/, Serebii just announced a large number of Pokemon legendary typings, including notably a pure-flying type, and a number of fighting-typed legendaries as well (and a Bug-Steel)

New gen also shall contain 156 Pokemon in it apparently.

• #633 to 635 are dark/dragon legendaries (likely the 'psuedo-legend' imo like tyranitar, garchomp, etc).
    • #638 = Steel/Fighting legendary
    • #639 = Rock/Fighting legendary
    • #640 = Grass/Fighting legendary
    • #641 = Pure Flying legendary
    • #642 = Flying/Electric legendary
    • #643 = Reshiram
    • #644 = Zekrom
    • #645 = Ground/Flying legendary
    • #646 = Dragon/Ice legendary
    • #647 = Water/Fighting Event legendary
    • #648 = Normal/Psychic Event legendary
    • #649 = Bug/Steel Event legendary

(Also Huin City has boats that takes you to islands but that's less cool info. ;p)

633 - 635 should be awesome

636 - 637 are Zoura and Zourark (probably)

641 Pure Flying type hmm i see this one as the Cresela of the 5th gen
    or it might be another "cute" (manaphy, shaymen, mew etc) Legend of this gen

642 Electric/Fly (Aka death via Stelth Rock) is problem the Hetran of this Gen

643 - 644 we know these guys already

645 Ground/Flying I didn't see this one coming

646 - Dragon/Ice may be this gens Garatina or maybe not hmmm

648 Normal/Psychic basicly Shaymin like poke will probly be in movie 15 or 16

649 Bug/Steel the Darkrai poke of this gen possibly related to Ononokuso

638 - 640 and 647 well these 4 are the Trio and Leader for this gen (the elemental Regis and Gigas there leader) the Steel,Rock,Grass ones(followers) and the Water one(leader) are all connected to the islands mentioned above you will use the Huin City boats (after the E4) to go to each island do a puzzle fight and catch the Legend poke do another puzzle unlock the next pokes island tell you have the first 3 then you'll get a "ticket" via a Nintendo event to the fourth island to get the Water/Fighting legend

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Ok, everyone who is saying Electric/Flying is a Zapdos copy, shut up.
    Alakazam and Espeon are both psychic, would you flame Gamefreak for that? Exactly.

Years
  • Whyyy? Why did they have to put all these good typings on LEGENDS?
    (AKA: Pokemon that I never use xD) A pure Flying-type sounds interesting, though. I'd like to see what they could do with it.

And the trio will be fighters? I like that, but Steel/Fighting again? Hah, looks like Lucario is no longer unique (just like Medicham... u_u). Zomg, maybe it'll be that cat Lucario alternate I've been hoping for--... but I doubt it.

Another thing is that I'm seriously getting tired of event legendaries. They're becoming annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who was majorly pissed off when they realized Zoroark and even ZORUA was event-only Pokemon. >.>

In general, these are all very interesting typings! ...But it sucks that they're all being wasted on legends... IMO. u_u

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I don't mind that there's so many legends. XD More legendaries means more choices for those who like to battle in the Uber Tier.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't mind that there's so many legends. XD More legendaries means more choices for those who like to battle in the Uber Tier.
    Yeah it does, though I wonder who many of these will make it to the Uber tier and how many to OU...

so 14 legends like in gen4...
    but 156 new pokemon all together?
    hmmmm i dont think we will be seeing any previous gen evos :) / :( i wanted pachirisu to get a nice evo, but its chill, all my other favs got their evos in gen4, minus sableye so im chill with 156 new pokemon :)
    time to dust off my AR for those 4events legends (including Victini) :P
    ice/dragon itll be epic... i apologize for my distain for reshiram...
    zekrom has been one of my fav legends since i saw it :)
    a fighting trio? so gen1&2: electric-fire-ice/water. gen3: mythical ages. gen4: emotion psychic types. and now a fighting trio??? to be honest im shocked, i expected a fire trio or a poison trio since its based on NYC, im looking forward to this.
    Pure flying type, FINALLY! with chatots disappointment of being normal flying,after serebii revealed it pure flying, i was heart broken, ive been wanting a pure flying since gen3 revealed no results :)
    zapdos evolution? O.o" (i kid) but im kinda disappointed on this, i wanted something interesting, not another zapdos, only zapdos is zapdos in my heart <3
    ground/flying? why? :( i dont want anything over taking gligar/gliscor :(

the other 3event legends....
    water/fighting is ok :)
    normal/psychic????? but, no :( why not ghost normal, or ghost psychic? :(
    bug/steel PURE EPIC WIN!
    i sure hope its design doesnt disappoint, and as odd as it sounds...
    i want it to be special based, thatll totally blow my mind if its special not physical XD

gen5 if those gawd awful starter evos are real,youve made up for it with the legends of this region <3 love gen5
    Well not entirely look these pokemon don't have numbers yet according to Pokebeach:
    Pokemon Without Numbers Yet

• ???/??? - Zorua - Basic - Dark
    • ???/??? - Zoroark - Stage 1 - Dark
    • ???/??? - ????? - Basic - ???
    • ???/??? - Desukaan - Stage 1 - ???
    • ???/??? - Denchura - Stage 1 - Electric/Bug
    • ???/??? - Kibago - Basic - Dragon
    • ???/??? - ????? - Stage 1 - Dragon
    • ???/??? - Ononokusu - Stage 2 - Dragon
    • ???/??? - Wargle - Basic - Normal/Flying
    • ???/??? - Rankurusu - Basic - Psychic
    • ???/??? - Gochiruzeru - Basic - Psychic. Does not evolve but may have a pre-evolution.
    • ???/??? - Emonga - ??? - Electric/Flying
    • ???/??? - Swana - Stage 1 - Water/Flying
    • ???/??? - Mamanbou - Basic - Water
    • ???/??? - Shikijika - Basic - Normal/Grass
    • ???/??? - ????? - Stage 1 - ???: Changes with the seasons like its pre-evolved form. Seen partially in the Pokemon Peer news story.
    • ???/???: Blue octopus. It has an evolution too.
    • ???/???: Green and yellow Pokemon.
    • ???/???: Unseen Pokemon named Burokku.
    So maybe Emonga is after Regional pokedex ;)

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • What could it represent? Zekrom is industrialism and Reshiram is naturalism. They even tie in through Pokemon Species. Black Yang and White Yin. ugh just no. Don't need third fail add on.

So space, time, and random other dimension makes sense?

Edit: Actually, the new typings could make sense. Zekrom and Reshiram represent different forms of energy, maybe the Ice one is suppose to represent lack of energy? ?0_o?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back