• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    actually, the legendary meloia is pretty cute in my opinion. and has the ability '' serene grace'' sounds sweet :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My theory is that Kerudio is somehow related to the fighting trio in some way. :p My reason is that it has the same ability as the legendary trio, and is [type]/fighting. Plus, they have similar stats... I'm probably completely wrong, but oh well. :D

Also, the cloud legendaries remind me of those characters from TLOZ: Wind Waker. XD

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    All these legendary Pokemon that I saw were so awesome, I just can't wait to get to them in game. :D

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • Warning: If you actually like the following legendarisi I'd advise you not to read this.

isshu-pokemon-147.jpg
    isshu-pokemon-148.jpg
    isshu-pokemon-151.jpg

Spoiler:

And don't even get me started on Meloetta, the Ranculus and Gothilselle combinaion. (names from pokebeach)

Oh, and I forgot, #647, again nintendo, what is up with the colors? can we please go back to the day when colors atched eachother and it looked good?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Those Genies designs are absolute Crap!

I hate it. The could have made it so much better! Why couldnt they just make more legend birds? No they had to make genies sitting on clouds with hippy colours and a Hammer tail.

Years
  • Warning: If you actually like the following legendarisi I'd advise you not to read this.

isshu-pokemon-147.jpg
    isshu-pokemon-148.jpg
    isshu-pokemon-151.jpg

Spoiler:

And don't even get me started on Meloetta, the Ranculus and Gothilselle combinaion. (names from pokebeach)

Oh, and I forgot, #647, again nintendo, what is up with the colors? can we please go back to the day when colors atched eachother and it looked good?

You are SO right on that one. Those are probably the most uncreative, poorly designed Pokemon I have ever seen. I would understand a bit more if they were all the same Pokemon in different forms, but they're SEPERATE Pokemon? With the same exact poses? Same exact design, with simply different colors and tails? Game Freak really just threw these things in there for no absolute reason. And I was excited to see our first Flying type... and it turns out looking like that. Such a disappointment.

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    My reactions:

- Reshiram, Zekrom: same awesome dragons as normal
    - Victini: is cute. not overly awesome but i can deal with it.
    - Kyuremu: what
    - Three genies: meh
    - Fighting trio: should be cool :D
    - Kerudio: OMG PONY :DD i'll always think of you as my lil pirate pony...
    - Meloia: brb gushing
    - GENOSECT: HECK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

For a more... well, coherent thought process, I've liked Reshiram and Zekrom from the very beginning. Their typings were unique, and I fell in love with their designs. Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon types just added to my enthusiasm, lol. Same story with Victini, really; though I had thought it was Fighting/Flying. Looks like I was way off. Anyways, it's adorable and I can't wait to use it. :)

Kyuremu... is there really much to say? It looks like a bunch of ice cubes stuck to a grey, inflatable chicken. Its stats are pretty good, though it's a shame that Dragon/Ice is such a redundant type combo. Oh, don't get me wrong, I certainly like the idea of it, but honestly, think... what does Ice add to Dragon? An Ice neutrality? At the cost of Fighting-, Rock-, and Steel-type weaknesses? Eh, no thanks, bro. Stats are pretty good, though. If it, Reshiram, and Zekrom form a trio, I honestly wonder how Kyuremu ties in...

The three genies, the three genies, the three genies... sigh. I was expecting one of two reactions; either, "OH MY GOD THESE ARE AMAZING!!!" or "These suck. I'm never going to use them." In the end, they invoked neither reaction. They're just... eh. Not a super-big fan of them, but honestly, they could have been much, much worse. I really like their stat distributions and their typing, I must admit. Pure Flying is something I've wanted for a while, despite Flying not being a terribly great STAB to have. Electric/Flying and Ground/Flying... lol. That will be fun. I may not be a big fan on how they look (listen I'm not saying they're BAD I just don't like them as much as I did Reshiram and Zekrom), but I'll definitely use them. Just like I do with Machamp.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with all of them... perhaps maybe Kyuremu, simply because I have no idea what the heck it is. A frozen dragon? Works for me, I guess. Was kinda hoping the genies would be a little more... distinct from each other? As one Pokemon, I would have been perfectly fine. But three? :/ Meh. Iffy on that. No doubt, I'll use them, lol.

FIHGTAN TRIO. Okay, these are pretty cool. First off, it means Jirachi is no longer the fastest Steel-type in existence (109 base vs. 100, I think?), and also, the Rock/Fighting one... looks freaking DEADLY. Give that thing Stone Edge and a reasonably powerful Fighting move, and by Jove, you have yourself an absolute monster. Grass/Fighting is cute. I don't really have any more to say on it, other than it's my favorite one aesthetically, lol.

NEXT OFF MY PONY. Pony is MINE. End of discussion.

Oh, I'm supposed to be serious. Oops.

Anyways, I really like Kerudio, and it might just be my favorite one of the legendaries, besides maybe Meloia, which I will talk about soon. ^_^ I really like its look, and though I know it isn't based off of one in any way, shape, or form, I think it looks sort of like a pirate, lol. 129 base Special Attack from something that cute? Yes, please. I can't wait to play with it! Plus it has a typing I've always loved: Water/Fighting. Win-win scenario for me.

MELOIA <333333333333333 This my favorite legendary of B/W, my favorite Pokemon on B/W, and might just be my favorite... period. I love it. I can't really say any more about it without looking like an idiot oh wait it might be too late for that.

GENOSECT. Bug/Steel. 600 BST. 120/120/99 offenses. Laser cannon on back. Cute Pokemon. What's not to like? Well, besides the 99 Speed. Maybe 102 would have been better? (A) I like it a lot, may be tied for third favorite legend with Reshiram and Zekrom.

Hopefully there will be a lot of backstory to these legends. :3 What can I say, I'm a sucker for actual stories and legends in-game; imo, it just gives the legendaries a sense of... completeness, I suppose? Since they are "legendary", it'd only make sense for them to, you know, have myths/legends based around them. I'll be abusing the heck out of the genie trio on Wi-Fi, though, I can tell you that much. :) And probably everything else. But still.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yay! New info to speculate about.

First off, let's examine the sets together.

Reshiram / Zekrom / Qurem (Kyuremu)* - I believe I said about 2-3 months ago that Ice/Dragon would be the perfect typing to complete the set, for three reasons: 1) It is a unique type combination, just like Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon. 2) Like Electric and Fire, people have been calling for one for years now. 3) With an Ice/Dragon combination, none of the trio has a type advantage over the other. Type-wise, they are all perfectly balanced. Also, though Qurem is not very cool-looking, I believe that it, like Giratina before it, will get a new form with the third game and ultimately be the mascot.
    *(note: I know that the final spelling will not be Kyuremu, so Qurem is my closest approximation)

The Nio Trio - That flying trio. Yeah, they're ugly, but I think they're based off of Buddhist Nio statues. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni%C5%8D)
    nio.jpg

Still, putting them all in the same pose is unforgivable.

The Fighting Quartet - Kobaruon (Steel/Figthing), Terakion (Rock/Fighting), Birijion (Grass/Fighting), and Kerudio (Water/Fighting). I don't know why people refer to this as a trio. It seems obvious to me that Kerudio is part of the set. It's just listed a bit later in the pokedex. I think that this quartet is ranked up there with the Legendary Beasts. That is, they are cool, but I think they will ultimately be forgotten. Still, if their movesets end up being good, I can see myself making a team out of them.

Other Legendaries - Really cool. I WANT Victini, and the other two will be fun to get too.

All in all, I'm quite happy with this generation's Legendaries. I would even like the Nio Trio better if they had unique poses.

The Red Chain

Though I don't like the Flying trio much myself, in their defense they aren't the only copy-paste legendaries. The lake trio, as much as I love them, are also copy-paste. The only thing different is their head shapes, eyes, and colors. Other than that, exactly alike. At least the Flying trio have completely different colors, designs, and other little things about them ; including type. XD

Yeah I know the frame of their bodies is copy-paste, but it's really not all that awful to me. The only complaint I have is that two of them share the exact same base stats. That's really not cool at all. They have a thing with repeating stats for trios this generation don't they?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Though I don't like the Flying trio much myself, in their defense they aren't the only copy-paste legendaries. The lake trio, as much as I love them, are also copy-paste. The only thing different is their head shapes, eyes, and colors. Other than that, exactly alike. At least the Flying trio have completely different colors, designs, and other little things about them ; including type. XD

Yeah I know the frame of their bodies is copy-paste, but it's really not all that awful to me. The only complaint I have is that two of them share the exact same base stats. That's really not cool at all. They have a thing with repeating stats for trios this generation don't they?

Yeah, but they have different poses. :\ I'll use the Diamon/Pearl sprites here.
    Spr_4d_481.png
    Spr_4d_480.png
    Spr_4d_482.png

See? Unlike the cloud trio, these have actually been given their own poses and haven't just been recoloured and slightly tweaked.. :\ The cloud trio are blantantly based of the same sprite. :\

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Yeah, but they have different poses. :\ I'll use the Diamon/Pearl sprites here.
    Spr_4d_481.png
    Spr_4d_480.png
    Spr_4d_482.png

See? Unlike the cloud trio, these have actually been given their own poses dnd haven't just been recoloured and slightly tweaked.. :\ The cloud trio are blantantly based of the same sprite. :\

I'd say wait for the third version. Maybe the "cloud" trio will get different poses. I just personally don't see anything wrong with it right now, they still look immensely different to me, despite having the same pose.

You know.. the legendary I'm really disappointed in is the Ice/Dragon. It looks so awkward in it's sprite pose. It's neck is straight out, and all of it's limbs look really stiff. It could be to give the "frozen" feel since it's part Ice, but why must it look so.. inanimate?
    Froslass has a hollow body and even she looks more alive than this beast.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Victini - Eh. It's alright I guess, just your typical Mew-style "cute" legendary. Not a huge fan of it aesthetically - but to be honest I don't have a notable opinion either way on this one.

Reshiram/Zekrom
    - I'm almost finding them cool.... but to be honest I'm not a massive fan of these overly "epic", mecha-style legendaries. I don't like that they're Dragon-types, but I guess their sub-types are cool, and their designs are, IMO, better than Palkia and Dialga. I like the Yin/Yang theme.

Kyuremu - I like it. It's got a very ancient look to it - it looks like a dragon from the ice age. Nice typing too. I don't agree that its pose looks awkward, I think it looks like it's about to rise from its ancient slumber to wreak epic pwnage upon the world.

Fighting horse quartet (Kobaruon, Terakion, Birijion and Kerudio) - Hmm. I like the idea, but I'm really not sure on the designs. Birijion is excellent, but Kerudio seems oddly out of proportion and mishapen, like a badly made Fakemon. Terakion looks fat to me (though maybe other artwork will show different) and Kobaruon... I can't put my finger on it but it just seems "off" to me. I think that without Kerudio (who I guess is the master due to its position in the dex) they'd be a lot better as a whole.

Genie Trio (Torunerosu, Borutorosu and Randorosu) - I hate them. I really do, it's like they're personally spitting in my eyeballs. The mouth is bizarre, everything about the body screams "Fakemon", and the colouring, especially on Torunerosu, is hideous. And the fact that they have identical poses is, quite frankly, insulting. It's like the designers couldn't even be bothered. I've wanted a pure Flying-type for a long time, but not one like this.

Meloetta - Eurgh! And I thought the Genies were bad! This thing is just hideous - I'm not a fan of humanoid Pokemon to begin with, but this ugly, mishapen, badly coloured abortion of a Pokemon just takes the biscuit.

Insekuta
    - See, now we're back in business! Inscect + Laser cannon = HELL YES! And hooray, we have out first bug-type legendary! I have nothing else to say other than I think the design is excellent.

Ranking (best to worst):

Kyuremu
    Bijirion
    Insekuta
    Zekrom
    Victini
    Reshiram
    Kobaruon
    Terakion
    Kerudio
    Borutorosu
    Randorosu
    Meloetta
    Torunerosu

Overall - Good designs for about half of them, terrible ones for the other half. I wish there would be less of them, really. I don't see any reason why the Genie trio and Meloetta can't just be removed completely.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

isshu-pokemon-147.jpg
    isshu-pokemon-148.jpg
    isshu-pokemon-151.jpg

Spoiler:

This.

I mean Nintendo, if you can't even make material for different poses, then why bother making them? D;

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    i actually like the cloud genie trio things.. dont hate me for it :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My theory is that Kerudio is somehow related to the fighting trio in some way. :p My reason is that it has the same ability as the legendary trio, and is [type]/fighting. Plus, they have similar stats... I'm probably completely wrong, but oh well. :D

Also, the cloud legendaries remind me of those characters from TLOZ: Wind Waker. XD

I was right about something for once. ^^

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Kerudio is related to the Musketeer/Fighting-type trio. He is the 4th Musketeer. I think the Musketeers oppose the Nimbus Genie trio.

Oh, and Genesect seems like it was meant to be the next Arceus. Not the creator or anything but it was meant to be the Most Powerful Pokemon Ever. too bad Team Galactic abandoned the project. Also, it's special move, hold items, and different coloured sprites are really reminiscent of Arceus. The artiicial aspect reminds of Mewtwo though.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Kerudio is related to the Musketeer/Fighting-type trio. He is the 4th Musketeer. I think the Musketeers oppose the Nimbus Genie trio.

Oh, and Genesect seems like it was meant to be the next Arceus. Not the creator or anything but it was meant to be the Most Powerful Pokemon Ever. too bad Team Galactic abandoned the project. Also, it's special move, hold items, and different coloured sprites are really reminiscent of Arceus. The artiicial aspect reminds of Mewtwo though.

HA, musketeers... is that where the concept came from or is it just yours? :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    HA, musketeers... is that where the concept came from or is it just yours? :P

Well, I saw someone call them that before I started calling them that but they do remind me of Musketeers... and their hats and Pokedex entries hint at it too. And Kerudio really looks like a Musketeer wannabe. AND their ability, Justice Heart makes me think of Musketeers fighting for justice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back