• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
  • Have to say I don't like what I see so far with the legendaries. They're either overblown or convoluted in my mind. And too numerous. Why can't we go back to the days of RBY/GSC when they were a bit simpler but still epic in design, and less plentiful so that finding one was SPECIAL!

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • Why can't we go back to the days of RBY/GSC when they were...less plentiful so that finding one was SPECIAL!

Hate to say it, but I'd have to agree. It does seem a bit like overkill compared to the way things used to be...

...But I don't use legendaries anyway, so what's it matter to me? I'll just catch the ones I like and ignore the rest like I always do :P

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • these legendary type combos are awesome. gotto love'm. i mean there are obviosdly two trios and one duo and the types are astounding i mean who would've dremt to have three dark and dragon types, it is obvious that they're gonna look awesome. and three fighting legendaries with each a specific type. cool. real cool. and besides there are 156 new pokemon which is the highest count of new pokemon per generation since , well , the first. and 156 new are bound to have at least a couple awesome pokemon that people are gonna love and dedicate themselves to. and did you guys see those two pokemon that look like tauros and stanler evos, i mean the stntler one is kinda frafetched but the new bull pokemon looks like a tauros evo. right ???

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Hah, I win, my fangame has 157 new Pokémon ;)

And curiously our main legendaries are mainly "black and white", not unlike Reshiram and Zekrom... but different typings.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Have to say I don't like what I see so far with the legendaries. They're either overblown or convoluted in my mind. And too numerous. Why can't we go back to the days of RBY/GSC when they were a bit simpler but still epic in design, and less plentiful so that finding one was SPECIAL!

Agreed, especially the last part.

I was always happy when I finally ran into a Suicune or finally got to the part where I got Lugia.

---
    Last gen it was like volcanic legendary thataway, moon legendary on that island, dreamkiller legendary sorta nearby, there's also those 3 dragons ruling the laws of physics, the new trio lake fairy version is also here, the old trio has a new giga ruler- he's that way, a small water protector legendary can be found egg style, a grassy version of that is told to be around a flowery place, and oh yeah, there's some God pokemon expecting you to go challenge it with a flute.
    ---

I WAS LIKE

B/W Legendaries Discussion

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Agreed, especially the last part.

I was always happy when I finally ran into a Suicune or finally got to the part where I got Lugia.

---
    Last gen it was like volcanic legendary thataway, moon legendary on that island, dreamkiller legendary sorta nearby, there's also those 3 dragons ruling the laws of physics, the new trio lake fairy version is also here, the old trio has a new giga ruler- he's that way, a small water protector legendary can be found egg style, a grassy version of that is told to be around a flowery place, and oh yeah, there's some God pokemon expecting you to go challenge it with a flute.
    ---

I WAS LIKE

B/W Legendaries Discussion

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. your both right. second and third ges were the best, then it just lost it. i guess game freak thought that people liked to have 10s of legendaries on them, or at least a team of 6 legendaries, but that just makes legendaries less rare and a little dull. xDxDxD

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i ALWAYS catch the legendaries. i don't use most of them because the battle frontier bans them. (witch is a dumb idea)
    but the ones i can use i train to Lv 100 and beyond! XD

Years
  • I agree with this. I like having these side-quests after the main story is over.

Yeah, but they should really give more of a story for each legendary, because D/P/Pt was lacking in that... I mean, when you went to catch Heatran, you'd just walk into a cave, battle a couple of trainers, then catch it. I just want for them to make at least mini stories for each one. Similar to when you catch the main legendary(s). :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    In a way, I agree with those who say that there are too many Legendaries right now. At some point, the total number of them for just one region becomes too much.

On the other hand, it is good to have something to do once the main storyline is over. Chasing down Legendaries is a fun thing to do (at times when they don't get too annoying). It's also interesting to see the mythology of each region, and the history of the region, and world, that the new Legendary Pokemon fit into.

So, I guess I do like Legendaries, so long as they have a story behind them. I'm interested in learning what mythology these Legendaries bring to the world.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    im hoping that the ice/dragon will have snow warning. itll be cool to have something with that ability without the large number of weaknesses that abomasnow has.

The Red Chain

With the sheer amount of legendaries I have a feeling most of them aren't gonna play a huge role, similar to Phione and Heatran of Generation 4. Neither of those two had a real role. But hey, I could be wrong. They may have seen their wrongs from before and changed it up, which is what I'm hoping. Legendaries should be legendary for a reason. If you're going to make so many, at least make them all significant in some way so they live up to their title. Otherwise, it's pointless for them to be called legendaries if they have nothing to be legendary for.

I'm crossing my fingers on this one. D;

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • To be fair, the Kanto legendaries didn't really have a lot of history behind them either, at first. They only started tying legendaries into the story somewhat with Gold and Silver...before that, it was the fact that there were so few that made them actually feel legendary.

Once you get to a certain amount, it's like...what's the point? It kinda kills the effect.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I definitely agree that if we're to have a large amount of Legendaries, they need to tell a story and not be as simplistic in role, like The Red Chain said about Phione and Heatran. This makes for more interesting side-quests.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back