• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Baby Pokémon

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Baby Pokémon are Pokémon at the lowest stage of Pokémon Evolution that cannot themselves breed. The concept was introduced in Generation II, along with breeding. The following Baby Pokémon are available in Generation II:
    • Pichu
    • Igglybuff
    • Cleffa
    • Elekid
    • Magby
    • Smoochum
    • Tyrogue

Did you use any of these in your playthrough? What were your thoughts on the concept?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I loved Baby Pokemon. I thought they were really adorable, and looking back I think it was a good way to make certain rarer Pokemon more accessible in the early game (even though the amount of Baby Pokemon you could get early game was limited). I used a Cleffa if I'm not mistaken, but didn't take it very far. I just found all of the Baby Pokemon adorable haha.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I do not like baby Pokemon and I did not used them.

By "not liking" I mean they are cute but I won't use them.
    Breeding for a 5 IV flawless pikachu or raichu with volt tackle was a pain because Pichu can't breed and needed love to evolve T_T

Sirfetch’d

I quite liked the addition of baby Pokemon! While I do feel like they were extremely hard to train, I enjoyed doing so. I remember always using the Pokemon that hatched from the mystery egg in Crystal and having a blast seeing what cute little baby would emerge from it.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • During my crystal playthrough, I relentlessly hatched that egg to get a shiny pichu. I used the pichu throughout the entire game.

I completely forgot that the egg had such a high chance of being a Shiny! I remember feeling sad that my brother's one was shiny and mine wasn't :,(

Back