• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

FFS, it's the Steam Summer Sale and the Steam Servers are busy.

I WANT YOU TO TAKE MY MONEY, YOU COCKS!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Yeah it's quite ironic. Can't even check some games for bundles/packs because of errors. Thinking between spending 10 or 20 dollars. Cheeki Breeki trilogy is what I want the most, but I guess Neptunia games are at a low as well, and I'd like getting the second and third one.

pkmin3033

I'm done with Steam for now; I'm not looking at any more deals outside of what is on my wishlist, otherwise I will spend a fortune and it'll be scary. I'm already looking at around £50 worth of titles...

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    As usual, Summer is turning into the Steamiest time of year.

In all seriousness, I'm glad to finally give Cities: Skylines a try.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Sigh. I went to our university area only for me to found out that its actually a non-working Holiday, so I'm stuck for the next x Hours. Well time to play Wolfenstein the new order again, for the Nth Time. Or maybe something that isn't in my laptop's library.

CoD 4, CoD: World at War, CoD BOPS1, CoD 2, all titles separately at prices under 1000 PHP (our currency) because of the big sales. Praise lord gaben.

Then again, the cyber cafe I am at has all of those games. isnt it...

Back to the Grind(stone)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    You and your overwatch mei-meis.

I think mah boi Xin already saw that DOOM is at a 40% Sale and is already salty as feck :)))))

Now i can finally get my own copy and experience, and understand why mah boi is such a brutal brutal gorehound :)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

I like to play this music when I'm doing the little... well you know. Killing demons, north koreans, Aliens, Strogg, Covenants, Bastions, Roadhoggs, and of course Racist Neo Nazis.

So what's everyone's KILLER SOUNDTRACK when they feel like they need to be on a murderous bloodfrenzied rampage?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    So from planned 9 euros I ended up spending 27. God dammit Gaben. At least I got the Cheeki Breeki and NepNeps now.

pkmin3033

Yeah...I've spent about £20 thus far. Thus far. I could easily spend another £30 or so. Next week when I get paid I probably will. But for now...I've got to actually download things first. Six hours for 8GB >.>

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Well I'm happy in and out of the pants right now.

Back to the Grind(stone)

I get to have D.Va and Mei to look at everytime i open the box. Oh and all of those glorious goodies like the extra skins, extra Bnet related stuff (Tracer in HOTS, the other stuff in the games i play, etc).

pkmin3033

Sometimes special editions are awesome...well, they usually are, they're just too expensive to justify getting them over the standard edition. Although I've had a lot of special editions already this year - two Zelda titles, Kirby, Fire Emblem, etc - and I plan on buying a few more before the year is out ._.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I would have gotten the FE fates special edition months and months ago but considering that I'm not really a big HARDCORE FE fan. Just call me an awakening scrub and we can have a nice agreement ;) and I actually played on NormCass in both Awakening and Fates because I'm a skrub who can't GITGUUD in any FE game ever, and I've said something about that MONTHS ago but i enjoyed 13 and 14 anyway for what they are, I didn't really want to dwell into something I wouldn't actually invest at.

For Overwatch, well i had to buy the Origins Edition for the ff reasons:
    1) I'm not in the mood to work with Bnet's Purely US Currency since I've already been pumping stuff in my credit card for non-gaming related stuff (just bought a new book AND some more art and design related stuff, payed gas, went mini grocery shopping).

2) Weirdly enough, Vanilla Overwatch isn't even sold in our stores .__. or maybe i forgot to ask. Then again, I need to at least buy one special edition in my lifetime. At least be a Blizzard game that I would definitely invest a lot of time and resources into.

3) Blizzard at least does some effort in making their special editions worth it considering how they love insertion of their IPs into their different IPs (Tracer in Heroes of the Storm, and because i have this, I get to freely unlock Tracer in that game, Baby Winston as my pet in WoW, even though i don't even play it, Mercy's cosmetic wings in Diablo 3 - which i still play in short bursts from time to time, Player portraits in SC2, etc). Its one of Blizzard's signature things. They love mixing their franchises together.

Back to the Grind(stone)

4) Since i main Reaper (D.Va, McCree and Soldier being my other more frequently played ones), I get to have his skin that makes him look like a gangsta, since Reaper is indeed of either South American or African american decent. It makes the "Drive By" kills with the Reaper's ulti feel more in character, more GANSTA like chiken and gravy yo (btw, not making fun of those of such decent. plz don't take that too seriously)

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    The only limited edition I got is Ni no Kuni DS. Found it accidentally for really cheap, and decided to get it. It has a really nice hard cover book full with game lore I can't read since I can't read moonrunes. Trying to change that, but kanji's gonna be a tough road.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    https://gematsu.com/2016/06/new-inazuma-eleven-professor-layton-game-set-level-5-vision-2016

Whelp. I have a lot of feelings. Probably words to describe said feelings. But I'm cool. You know. Inazuma Eleven, I don't really care. It's not like I've been waiting for this series to come back for 2 years. It's not like I'm excited over the prospect of them going back to basics. Nope. No, nope. I mean, this is nice news and all, but eh.

Spoiler:

I don't even caaaaaare.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Can i stealz the bouncy girl gif?

When Team Overwatch tries to recruit the Doomguy
    Spoiler:

anyway, i forgot to mention, the other Special/Collectors Edition that i have, which is as of this day still dirt cheap, is Painkiller: Hell & Damnation. Oh boy, a music CD, an artbook, a free poster, the ever lovely box, stickers, post cards, letters -> And if anyone gets a letter that has Painkiller stuff on it, that might come from me, and of course the game(s).

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Is anyone else severely disappointed with the non-console exclusive releases announced at this e3?

Now that I've seen the (actual non-scripted) gameplay for Ghost Recon Wildlands I'm going to go and cancel my pre-order, as well as not purchase any more of there games.

It seems like the love that used to be in games is gone and it's now just feeding us crap with no more care to the customer other than securing their pre-order with awesome looking fake footage... Money money money

For lack of a better term, I'm feeling like I'm being hustled.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Ubisoft's ever famous shenanigans again?

Anyway, PC offerings shown in this year's E3 have been fairly weak, other than of course Quake Champions (which only 1 of 32 people, ME being that one would only like), and the DOOM 2016 DLC, both of which will be covered in far greater detail in this year's Quakecon, and of course Quakecon's coming up this August, and ya'll know that I'll do some coverage on that considering that August + Quakecon go together like Super Shotguns and GOREberry flavored banana splits + cigarettes. (August = my Birth "month", that time of the year where i start to go ahsjrihakldaskjdyaskjdaskda). Obviously the more "PC" related stuff and Idsoftware's IPs will be shown in far better light in that.

pkmin3033

E3 seems to get weaker and weaker with each passing year...or maybe I'm just getting disinterested. The thing is, all the best announcements - FFXII - get made before E3, meaning there is actually very little that is new or totally unexpected being put on show. Even Nintendo, who loved to surprise us in the past, copped out by just doing a Zelda show with a little Pokemon which they'd already mostly shown beforehand.

Roll on TGS.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    It's because they keep showing off stuff people don't care about. When people watch E3, they want to see something GREAT. Sony did that really well. Most other conferences kind of missed the point of E3, and kept showing indies and Early Access games. It's stuff like showing off new Zelda that gets people pumped up, not showing brand new Fifa or Assassins Creed (this time they only shilled the movie lol).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back