• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Been interested in a few Kickstarter projects. Donated to none.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    My inner angryjoe is making me feel like i wanna shoot some Corporate Commanders in the face, with my AK69, My double barreled shotgun, and of course my BFG. What game can we play where we fight and shoot greedy evil business men and EVUL corporations. Sell me. I'm sorta lazy in looking for games at this very moment since i'm thinking of what I'll be doing this Saturday.. I need to go out D:

I think i remember years and years ago, almost dumping some money to help fund that supposed sequel to Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden, Barkley 2. I was so hyped for that game because of how AMAZING Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden was. I really wanted to see it happen. From basically a parody of JRPGs from Barkley 1, now its a Parodic Action RPG, which makes it even more interesting. But that thing got delayed several times. But judging from what I've been reading on, i think its about damn time this game came in.

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Wow, I never knew that it would be QTE that would make me struggle in a game. I was playing God of War 1 on Hard, and for the most part, the game was pretty easy. The only part that made me struggle is the final battle. Not only is the camera too close to you to make dodging difficult (I made it past that), the game has a QTE sequence at the end, which got me killed twice haha. It never really telegraphs what's going to appear, so you have less than a second to react (compared to most good games that give you time to press or mash). Didn't feel like a creating a new thread for this because it's already a tired topic and we know everyone, except a certain Twitter person, hates it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    God of War or QTE sequences?

Oh well, i understand the now hate for QTE sequences ever since it got abused to the core.

So i just Marathon'd AngryJoe's content from his latest to his older ones, including the ones I've seen before. Now say what you want about AJ, but I surely love the appeal that he brings to his content and his style. Also, watching AJoe's content while doing exercises was awesome. It was helping me channel the inner rage that i need to sweat, rip, tear, and smash. The fact that he gave DmC a 7/10 and the viewers not even harassing him for it was something that i found remarkable. And i do agree that DmC is a decent game, and the people's reasons for weighting it down was the quite unlikable portrayals of the iconic Dante and Vergil, and that girl who doesn't serve that much purpose, but the villains of that game were quite amazing and believable. Mundus and ESPECIALLY Bob Barbas were definitely the kind of villains that you just wanted to see, and still eventually RIP AND TEAR their guts off. The writing of DmC was definitely well spent on its villains.

Now, I'm off to kill some more Corporate Commanders and Corporate Commandos with my BFGs.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    QTE of course. Finished the final section of the first game. That part where you have to protect the family was really sadistic on their part.

I used to watch AngryJoe in the past, but his 30min videos full of filler content slowly started putting me off, since they often felt empty as if he padded a 5min video over 30. But that's not what made me unsubscribe, but his greedy scheme to gather controversy views. I think other youtubers as well called him out on that.

pkmin3033

I've never been wholly averse to QTEs when they're button presses, but when you have to mash the button repeatedly...yeah, it's a bit mindless and irritating. I think I'd prefer to execute all the flashy moves myself with button sequences rather than keep them going through QTEs, but I have to admit that sometimes stuff does look pretty cool, and it's a nice way of making cutscenes interactive. I've yet to see a better alternative, anyway, save for not having cutscenes at all, aaaaand...yeah, we've been there recently. xD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    QTE Kills < Glory kills. Just throwing it down. Then again, oh wait. Y

Just a year ago, Ian, Pat the NESpunk's co-host, talked about AngryJoe's beef with Nintendo. Oh the dislikes from the AJoe army was realzies. But then again, the dislikes came when Ian had to call AngryJoe a "f**king baby".

Pat is usually quite level headed and cool, but this podcast with this Ian guy... man... so much EDGE.

They do make a point though with AJ being waaaaayyyy 2 salty about it though. But dear god that Ian guy loves to sound so EDGY.. SO EDGY that my hair went straight.

AngryJoe isn't perfect though. I've heard rumors of his somewhat feminist stance on things. But I'm a sub to him so I have no choice but to like endorse AJoe to everyone who likes to flex. FLECKS

and i think what i sorta like about AngryJoe's show is his Co-host OtherJoe. I mean, AngryJoe is Joe, but i love how he works with his less insane and far normal looking partner in OtherJoe. It reminds me of those times that me, being the insane screaming lunatic that I am, works the best with the more sane and collected individual. Oh just imagine ME being a youtuber soon >:)))))

pkmin3033

...yeah, if you're going to put on an act like that, you can at least be consistent about it, especially if you're going to make money off it. Honestly, I've never really found many Youtubers to be that entertaining - I used to quite like Zero Punctuation a few years ago although I've long since stopped keeping up, and Jim Sterling always gives me a laugh.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    And that's why I usually just watch SpicyWaffle's content. These guys bros and chicks. These guys. Seriously. I've never been a huge fan of watching other people play mostly non multiplayer games since I usually did watch mostly streamers of the games I played, like League. But jeebus, these guys and their obviously hyper active MENERGY... And the fact that they are doing a Manhunt Let's play series. Its what their viewerbase (THAT INCLUDES THYSELF) have always wanted.

heck HERE YOU GO VIEWERS! :))))

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    For YouTube reviewers, I follow Angry Joe and Jim Sterling. For a gaming website that does reviews, well, I'm a Giant Bomb premium subscriber, so... just had their best E3 ever.

pkmin3033

It's funny, if official sites weren't so filled with absolute crap, I don't think Youtubers and the like would be anywhere near as popular as what they actually are. But commenting on the gaming industry has become a form of entertainment in and of itself now, since it's become so cutthroat and corporate.

I'd hate to be exploring the industry now trying to find out what games were best for me. Objectivity, if it ever existed, is well and truly dead.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    Used to watch AJ, but after a while it was getting a bit stale/the same. Currently watching youtubers who are 0% serious, but are part of a bigger group of friends who play games and have fun playing it . They dont have serious disscusions, or rants or debates. they just play games with their buds. And when Im sitting in the train going back to home, Its nice to have something you can just laugh about.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    @Jappo and for everyone else OwO

Or something that's been even more known to them

Man advertising a channel for everyone to see is so damn hard. I dunno what it takes other than you all having to watch them yourself and tell me what you think about SpicyWaffle ^___O. Ya like hyper energetic commentary that's 100% unapologetic yet 100% entertaining? There ya goe people. My only warning is that they have motormouths but are VERY ENTERTAINING ones, and they occasionally, wait not occasionally, FREQUENTLY make funny references.

in my attempts to advertise a channel that people should watch, I thought of another thing...

I remember my girlfriend restricting me in buying certain games because she didn't like ones that are quite perverted (Senran Kagura, Catherine, (or so she thought) etc) but ever since we broke up, i finally got all of the games i want >:)))) Too bad though, Senran Kagura has Hibari, a total chick magnet because at least she's likable for most girls.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I think it's safe to say Inafune's career is over. I didn't even pledge any cash for this project and even I want my money back.

I hope you all realize this is pretty much the Daikatana of the 2010s.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I think it's safe to say Inafune's career is over. I didn't even pledge any cash for this project and even I want my money back.

I hope you all realize this is pretty much the Daikatana of the 2010s.

At least Daikatana did not have a cringy promotional video that made fun of a certain cultural demograph.

At least Daikatana was an attempt to differentiate and evolve the first person shooter game with concepts that was just not ready for the game's current technology during its time.

At least Daikatana showed John Romero's large balls.

Yes, I hate to say it, I would rather play Daikatana RIGHT NOW even at the cost of my paeinis than play Mighty Number 9, even though i did say that i might play it. At least for Daikatana, i can actually find like a Warez of it.

Yes it may be a sin for me to declare that, but at least I'm playing sin that i can relate to.

Sir Codin

Apparently the consensus among reviewers is "Playable, but that's about it. Nothing special, rides off MegaMan's past glories while failing to capture them."

In other words, "So Okay, It's Average." At BEST. Which, frankly, seems even worse than the game being a pile of feces, because with the budget they ended up getting (~$4 million) from Kickstarter backers and the amount of delays it got, it really has no business being average.

Backers, Inafune has made you his bitch. Next time, just say "No" to Kickstarter. I've never crowdfuned anything and I'm glad I don't. In my opinion, it's a very shady business tactic.

South Park said it best:"It's called crowd-funding, using the Internet to raise money without having to pay back your investors, a tactic that some believe is unfair and impersonal."

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    The memes are already there though..

The one good thing about Mighty No. 2 i mean 9..

Back to the Grind(stone)

Hey I just met you, but this is crazy
    So here's my Number, so CALL ME Baby.

Because her name is "Call" so she gets a horrible Carly Rae Jepsen reference.

INb4 I get swatted by the FBI :)))

seriously people, she's one of the cuter characters I have seen, and yes, I admit. I'm a sucker for the cute. Especially if they remind me of roll....

inb4FBI'd

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Mind if I join in with the small talk we have here people?

Well, i did kickstarter back Mighty No. 9 when i thought it was going to be the best thing since bacon lasagna. I don't care if IGN is going to say that its a piece of crud, i might as well have to play it, and see things for myself.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Thank you Jim Sterling. I finally found my inspiration in creating my long awaited topic. Something that I've wanted to talk about in a megathread soon ^^

Sir Codin

I think the problem is that violence and death are the most utilitarian methods of garnering emotions and feelings out of people when telling a story in a video game. Everything else seems more hit-or-miss.

Psychological torment seems the next best thing, but even this often ultimately ends up stemming from death or violence.

It's not hard to see why this is. Most people are afraid of death and being hurt physically. It's one of those universal human fears and thus resonates with almost anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back