• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

Eeeh... Mouse and Keyboard for me. I like that best for most video games. Especially first person shooters.

pkmin3033

Nintendo really need to bring more GBA games to the 3DS eShop, rather than the Wii U one. These games were designed to be portable, and they look much better on a smaller screen than they do on a large one.

I have a couple of GBA titles on my Wii U and I've only ever played them on the Wii U gamepad, because I can't stand having them on my TV screen, and those I only bought because getting physical cartridges off eBay would have cost me a small fortune. I would have bought a lot more of the GBA titles they've released if they were on the 3DS eShop like they ought to be, too.

pkmin3033

Nintendo planned for GBA compatibility all along, however, since the Ambassador Program issued 10 GBA games to select people and that was it, I doubt we'll be seeing any future GBA releases on the 3DS. It'd be nice if it happened though, say, for Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (Or any of the other GBA Pokémon titles...).
    It is seeming increasingly likely that that is the case...which doesn't really make much sense, in my opinion. If nothing else, releasing GBA titles that are N3DS compatible might help them promote the handheld a bit, since they seem to be so dead set against actually making games for it...I'd really hate for the N3DS to go the same way as the PSP Go did, it deserves much better than that.

Sir Codin

https://kotaku.com/mighty-no-9-delayed-yet-again-1754907580

So, Mighty No.9's delayed. Again. Called it. Not happy about it.

Granted, any "hype" I may have had for the game died long ago, but this...this is just ridiculous.
    First, please don't link to "clickbait-taku" again. It really irks me to know that people are still giving that crap website revenue.

Second, is it really any surprise? At this rate I can't help but laugh. Inafune is such a goddamned joke.

You ask your fans for money and you keep delaying the game and missing the schedule. This would be unacceptable if there was an actual publisher, but since there isn't one, Inafune can drag his ass all he wants. I find it funny how many developers claimed they were "being held back by publishers" only to turn into complete fusterclucks when given the option of crowdfunding. Worse still, with crowdfunding, Inafune doesn't have to actually pay back his investors (the crowdfunders). This, my friends, is what we call a "confidence trick." The perpetrators are commonly known as "con-artists."

Thank my conscience I've never been a fan of MegaMan, otherwise I'd be pissed and demanding my money back at this point. Really, asking for crowdfunding on a new project recently even though Mighty No. 9 isn't finished says all you need to know about the guy.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Sir Codin

I thought everyone understood it's not ever gonna be released? =D
    I think they trolled fans enough by now, they should be clear about not wanting to release it =D
    As I stated, I don't think it's so much a troll as it is a con.

"Oh yeah, I left this company because I didn't agree with them, but I didn't think about how they still owned the stuff I worked on. Oops. Hey, fans, can you give me a handout? In exchange, I'll work on this really cool-looking new game (AuthNote: no, it looks like crap) influenced by MegaMan and I'll release it....eventually."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    First, please don't link to "clickbait-taku" again. It really irks me to know that people are still giving that crap website revenue.
    I suppose I don't have the same view because they come off smelling like a rose compared to Siliconera.

But I don't particularly mind them, though I know a few people here do. At least recently, they haven't been too clickbait-centric and I enjoy an article or two from 'em every now and again. They're really just one of the various game news sites I cycle through, though, so what gets posted can be pretty wildcard.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    So glad I haven't pre ordered M#9 yet. This is getting ridiculous, and actually has been for a while. I don't know if Con is a fair way of looking at it though. They haven't abandoned the project like some Early Access projects have. If the game comes out good after all this wait then so be it. I wish we at least knew why it was held up though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I think at this point, we should disregard Inafune's "Japan is dead" claim he made years ago, when he was still working for Capcom, after delaying M#9 yet again, because it's becoming clear that he's nothing more than a con artist.

Also, it appears that the fans who complained about Fire Emblem being "ruined" because of the recent games' pandering towards the otaku culture got their wish, as it appears that the petting mini-game, which has been ridiculed by said fans, is getting removed in western versions. Now I fear about Federation Force getting cancelled due to backlash from the fans.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Also, it appears that the fans who complained about Fire Emblem being "ruined" because of the recent games' pandering towards the otaku culture got their wish, as it appears that the petting mini-game, which has been ridiculed by said fans, is getting removed in western versions.
    Source: Kotaku. I'm skeptical about this. Like really skeptical. The article is centered around this particular quote.

"Yes, that is the case [that petting isn't in the English version]*. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan."
    The brackets part was added in by Grayson. I want to see this whole exchange in its entirety. Just alone, this doesn't really confirm anything about skinship, unless we see the question Grayson proposed beforehand. To me, it looks like this quote was cherrypicked out of context to create an article.

If it is true though. Nintendo better give me my Voltorb Flip minigame.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    Considering it's Kotaku, they probably asked if it was groping and not petting. I only think this because of the reply they got, because it doesn't add up with petting.

pkmin3033

I could totally live with Federation Force being cancelled if it meant they would make a proper Metroid title like they should have done in the first place. It's certainly not worthy of being a standalone title as it is. There's nothing stopping the devs from including the content from Federation Force as a minigame or multiplayer mode...it'd make a lot more sense if they did that anyway.

That said, Federation Force is better than Other M. ANYTHING is better than another Other M. If the next proper Metroid title is anything like that pile of trash, I am done with the series for good. The only reason I haven't joined the ranks of indignant Metroid fans is because I don't see Federation Force as a proper Metroid title, because it clearly isn't one. It's a cheap spinoff designed to stall for time until they make the next proper one...probably on NX. Which had better not supplant the 3DS after promises it would continue for years yet and after I bought two New 3DS.

...ugh, Nintendo. This is why I focus more on my Sony consoles these days. Vita might screw me over with expensive memory cards and digital-only titles, but at least I actually get the games when I expect to. Plus trophies.

Anyways, I have this horrible feeling I'm going to wind up buying LEGO Marvel Avengers today...despite the infuriating glitches and voice acting stealing a lot of the humour from the series, I keep going back for more. I'm such a freakin' masochist sometimes in my gaming habits.

Sir Codin

I hope Zelda Wii U rocks tits, because so far I'm having more fun with Bloodborne on PS4 than I ever had with any game on the Wii U.

pkmin3033

Regardless of its quality, I expect it'll get a half-arsed NX port the same way Twilight Princess got a half-arsed Wii port...hopefully not the same way it'll get a Wii U port.

I see a lot of Wii U titles coming to the NX as definitive versions in the near future...or, ideally, the NX being backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U titles. Oh, and region free. REGION FREE, Nintendo.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I could totally live with Federation Force being cancelled if it meant they would make a proper Metroid title like they should have done in the first place.
    Yeah, I don't really see that happening. Largely because another Metroid title wasn't really in the cards, so FF is a lot less of a replacement and more of a filler, of sorts, since people keep asking for more Metroid. Which is why I don't have much of a problem with it, considering it was either this or nothing.

And some people might even say nothing is better, but...well. I'd rather have that variety than not.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I see a lot of Wii U titles coming to the NX as definitive versions in the near future...or, ideally, the NX being backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U titles. Oh, and region free. REGION FREE, Nintendo.

I thought you hate remasters in general, considering that definitive versions on the NX would be a bad move? Considering that the PS4 right now is suffering from having too many remasters and not enough newly made first-party titles, and yet you claim that you're sticking with Sony consoles because Nintendo isn't meeting YOUR expectations. And again, Nintendo's not the only company who is doing region-lock. Just because you won't be able to play Japanese games that will most likely never to reach overseas due to cultural differences or how much of a hassle localization still is (e.g. licensing), doesn't mean you should hold a grudge.

Sir Codin

I'm honestly conflicted about the whole absence of the MyCastle feature in FE: Fates if the rumors are true.

On one hand, I'm getting continually irritated with the censorship in the localisations. On the other hand, the whole "FE-Pokemonamie" feature wasn't in FE: Awakening and we got by fine without it, so I don't see how taking it out will make much of a difference.

pkmin3033

I thought you hate remasters in general, considering that definitive versions on the NX would be a bad move? Considering that the PS4 right now is suffering from having too many remasters and not enough newly made first-party titles, and yet you claim that you're sticking with Sony consoles because Nintendo isn't meeting YOUR expectations. And again, Nintendo's not the only company who is doing region-lock. Just because you won't be able to play Japanese games that will most likely never to reach overseas due to cultural differences or how much of a hassle localization still is (e.g. licensing), doesn't mean you should hold a grudge.

What gave you that idea? I'm not wholly against remasters; I would rather play a good remaster than a bad new title at the very least. What annoys me is when people confuse or mislabel them as remakes. The current generation has become the remaster generation, yes, but that was mostly because a lot of developers didn't have faith that the current generation was going to last for very long. We're always hearing about how the console market is dying out in the face of PC gaming and mobile gaming and all that other crap. Hence the ridiculous number of episodic titles and screw-ups we've had recently, along with the remasters. Hopefully, going forward, more original titles should start to come out. I won't hold my breath, but we'll see.

I am sticking with Sony consoles because, in the short term, they have a larger pool of titles coming out that appeal to me, and they have greater long-term prospects for appealing to me, because one thing I can be fairly assured of is that a lot of JRPGs are going to be localised and released for the Vita and PS4 in the future. I have my favourites, you have yours. Deal with it. I don't see why you feel the need to emphasise that Nintendo are failing to meet my expectations. Yeah, it's my opinion. Stop trying to invalidate and undermine it just because YOU don't agree with it by drawing attention to the fact; I never disputed that. Nintendo are failing to meet my expectations on multiple fronts. So why should I give them anything but a hard time for it? You don't like it? I'm not asking you to agree with me, am I?

I will continue to hold a grudge for as long as I have to wait months after US releases for games to reach my shores. It's inexcusable that it can take months for localised titles to reach EU shores after the US release as it is, and being denied the opportunity to import because of archaic region-locking practices is what makes it intolerable. Nintendo platforms are the only current generation machines that implement this. I can import PS4 games. I can import PS Vita games. I cannot import 3DS or Wii U games. That is just plain wrong, and I'm not prepared to let that go, especially when I could import DS games. Region locking on consoles is inexcusable.

Yeah, I don't really see that happening. Largely because another Metroid title wasn't really in the cards, so FF is a lot less of a replacement and more of a filler, of sorts, since people keep asking for more Metroid. Which is why I don't have much of a problem with it, considering it was either this or nothing.

And some people might even say nothing is better, but...well. I'd rather have that variety than not.

I'd say quality is more important than variety myself, but...eh. I'm just not going to buy it. But I'm not going to sign a petition to cancel it or anything. It is, as you say, filler. It's not a proper Metroid title. There's no huge reason to get worked up over it. Be annoyed, sure. Don't buy it, sure. Explode with anger? Not yet.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I thought you hate remasters in general, considering that definitive versions on the NX would be a bad move? Considering that the PS4 right now is suffering from having too many remasters and not enough newly made first-party titles,
    Wait, hold on. When and where was this established? Also, why?

The PS4 having too many remasters and not enough new games are mutually exclusive issues. Neither one is the cause of the other and as long as B/C isn't a thing, I don't think that making more definitive versions of games is a particularly bad thing, especially considering how much of an investment a PS4 is. Plus, when a game is inhibited by its original hardware, I'd rarely see a problem with a remaster. Such was the case of Shadow of the Colossus, and while they didn't do as much as they probably should have to make it look and play as intended, it was a pretty solid port that ran better than the original and made it accessible to those without PS2s. Hell, people would kill for a Xenoblade Chronicles remaster for the NX. And, similarly, as is currently relevant, the only upcoming remaster I'm seeing is Gravity Rush, yet I've got a pretty healthy list of upcoming PS4 titles worth buying.

I'm honestly not seeing the downside to this. The saturation of remasters is only really bad when it starts to warrant unnecessary cash-ins (which were a lot bigger at the end of the 360 and PS4's life than anything else), but looking at games like The Last of Us, Tearaway, and Gravity Rush, those remasters made those accessible to those who didn't have PS3s or Vitas, look substantially better than their originals, and even have added/changed functionality. No problem there, and I'd say the same holds true for the NX.

and yet you claim that you're sticking with Sony consoles because Nintendo isn't meeting YOUR expectations. And again, Nintendo's not the only company who is doing region-lock. Just because you won't be able to play Japanese games that will most likely never to reach overseas due to cultural differences or how much of a hassle localization still is (e.g. licensing), doesn't mean you should hold a grudge.

Also, you have to consider that the Xbox isn't that popular in Japan and barely gets any exclusives. Also it's region-free, now. The region-lock is, bluntly, a dumb feature that does very little in the way of functional pros and does a lot more to harm a system and its fanbase than it does good. It's 2016 and this shit really needs to stop. I love Nintendo, I really do, but fuck this. Because it goes farther than just Japanese exclusives. It's not uncommon for a game to be released in a language you speak in a different country and you can't play it because of that. Sometimes, it's the case of waiting a few months (We see this right now with Paper Jam). Other times, you have to wait years. Such was the case of Chrono Trigger, which didn't come over for almost 15 years for Europe. And, more recently, a case that's very near and dear to my heart, Inazuma Eleven. In North America, we waited 5 years to play only the first game, and we haven't seen another one of the 6 since. We can't even play the ones released in Europe, in English because of the region lock, and the only way to bypass that is through hacking or importing another whole 3DS. The DS had it right. Import the game. Put the game in. Play the game.

This isn't that. This is inane nonsense that aims to make games wholly inaccessible to other groups of people, which should never happen. It needs to stop. Meloetta, and anyone, really, is right to be mad about this sort of thing. It's antiquated, it's disgusting, and it has no place in gaming today. Or ever, really.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back