• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Thread is lacking meat again. Allow me to provide it.

Spoiler:

Hmmm fresh yummy meat. Its what i always provide. Gather up and eat em ladies and boys.

Chainsawing a hell knight to death always hits the spot.

Also:

Back to the Grind(stone)

Basically this is what Borderlands 2 looks like when everything is set on the lowest settings, including some tuneups in the .ini file of the game (WillowEngine.ini). Yep. this is the best that i can do.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'm pretty sure we all know every big AAA studio sucks.
    And that Japanese studios are superior.
    No need for additional discussion about this =D
    So...what about big Japanese AAA studios? A lot of AAA studios ARE Japanese, in fact. Resolve this conflict of interest for me, if you would. Does the AAA nature purge the Japanese content, or does the Japanese content allow you to overlook the fact that they're AAA?

Speaking of Japanese things...the PSN store has a Big in Japan sale. Again. Right after the Steam sale, I'm not sure my wallet can handle this. That said, I don't want a huge amount...the three Suikoden titles, maybe Symphony of the Night for my Vita (since the only copy of it I have is on the Dracula X Chronicles on PSP) and Demon Gaze, which I should never have sold and regret immensely. Five games under £20, I can afford that...I'll just forgo Gundam Vs. next week. Or try to. More likely I won't bother with Setsuna when that comes out until it goes on sale.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Thanks Xin, that's some nice meat. Bit on the edgy side though. Hehehe. You'll be fine with the Borderlands 2. It's for the game play anyway. Just make sure to keep the FPS smooth. You soonish getting a better rig anyway, right?

>"Japanese studios are superior."
    lol what do they have like holy soil or something

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    To be honest, EA is the worst specifically because of their DLC filled games with day 1 DLCs. Even when a game does look interesting it's always full with DLCs that completely ruin it. Battlefield 1 looked interesting? Too bad, you have to pay over 100 dollars to play it.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    I mean if we're going to talk about battlefield 1, it looks exactly like battlefield 4 but with old guns.

Actually I'd probably say it's about the same amount of change as bf4 to bf3, but instead of near future stuff it's ww1 stuff. New equipment, new maps, and a little graphical upgrade. Everything else stays the same.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Thread should be called "Is It September Yet?". That's when all the heavy hitters are starting to come. Man. Endless wait.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Star Wars Battlefront EA.. yeah i have to call it that because classic SW Battlefront were superior in terms of offering.

EA.. this is the EA that i grew up with <3

Every time i started up some good ole Nuclear Strike or Future Cop LAPD, that sweet EA intro came in and said "BOOMG ELECTRONIC ARTS!" IN YOUR FACES! LIKE YEAH! EA! B**CH!

pkmin3033

Day-One DLC - especially if it's exclusive to specific versions or retailers - is quite annoying, yes, especially if it's substantial content that has clearly been cut from the game to justify selling it for more than the standard RRP, although it's no more annoying than Koei Tecmo who, despite their fairly consistent quality titles, release literally every single costume and weapon they can separately over months. Almost every week when the PSN store is update there are at least five or six DOA5 DLC pieces on there.

As convenient as the digital age is, it's brought out some very nasty business practises. Sometimes I miss the days of the sixth generation and before, where you'd buy your game and that was that. No installs, no patches, no DLC. Just the game. Maybe a few glitches, but never normally something that couldn't be worked around. The lack of ability displayed by companies in releasing a complete experience on the day of release is staggering these days...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Yeah Koei Tecmo really enjoys the DLCs with their countless releases for each game, especially DoA. The only thing that helps them is that most of them are just cosmetic and you don't have to buy them unless you REALLY want that costume. I have a bigger problem with games that lock actual content between paywalls, like classes, maps or story.

Things did go out of hand since Bethesda tried selling horse armor, the same people that tried pushing paid mods a while ago (amazing how people forgave Todd and Gaben for that so quickly, if it was EA or Ubisoft people would still hold a grudge). I really miss the old day of unlockable content where you got stuff for completing the game. Just compare Tomb Raider Legend to the new game. You unlocked TONS of costumes for collecting stuff, and it really pushed you to find all artifacts. What did the new give you for completing everything? Some artwork you can google and a trophy. Amazing.

The big problem is that DLC will stay as long as people buy it. It's an easy thing to get rid off. Don't buy DLC for the next year and they'll stop releasing them. But that will never change. People will always pay for EA maps and other DLC, just the way people always go to see a bad movie while complaining how it's bad and wonder how it's getting a sequel.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I actually have a thread about the discussion of DLC and patches in the ever changing nature of video games but anyway, i think none is still worse than Capcom's past practice with DLCs. Oh i think everyone remembers that.. on-disc DLC content.. that one was totally a controversial thing to do that made other shady practices look normal. I dont even know how Capcom were able to defend that practice. Then there was basically not fully supporting vanilla Marvel vs Capcom 3, opting to release UMVC3 a year later...

pkmin3033

I was going to post in that but I didn't want to watch the ridiculously long and painful video. I think the most infuriating DLC I saw as Disgaea D2's...individually priced characters with trophies attached to them. That game was already a disappointment as it was.

That said, I do buy an awful lot of DLC for games that I don't necessarily need...it's just nice to have it. Provided it's not too pricy, anyway.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    speaking of shady gaming practices that we need to slowly uncover up..

I think we need to address the ever growing cancer tumors in Steam Greenlight, courtesy of our good friend Jimmy:

I think long time Steam users kind of already know that Steam Greenlight is already fishy as it is, but YOLO Army's practice as uncovered by Jimmy has got me a lil triggered DL, since I really do believe in Greenlight.

pkmin3033

Jim really does drive the state of Steam into the ground sometimes; I tend to skip those episodes now because at this point he's repeating himself endlessly...I miss the days when every week he'd complain about something I actually cared about, haha. A lot of the time these days I'm watching him for his ridiculously large ham personality.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I actually think it's a very valid video. That a good deal of his fanbase use a steam religiously, and that a group like that currently is out there and is quite large by this point, makes it a perfect target. I can't will see that this is quite the same as Digital Homicide, because in the case of that group… Well it's a different group. And not a group, a company.

I won't completely disagree. There are some videos in regards to Steam that I think restate points that were already stated and sometimes he even lampshades this. As a Steam user I find it interesting and even have some of my own opinions, but I can see how console user might not see it the same way. Especially since he isn't the Cynical Brit. He's content isn't solely PC.

In regards to day one DLC, what gets me the most is exclusivity. When you can't get that type of content after release, regardless of whether it's aesthetic or otherwise, not even by buying it, that's… It doesn't feel good to be locked out of content. To not be able to use it at all. To have no way to obtain it. I think that is the most egregious thing about all of this. There's no better way to piss off your fans then by making it actually impossible to get the complete game other than by making great, real life sacrifices and acting pre-emptively.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Something like that. I believe it had something to do with the DLC in regards to...a second.

Aaah, yeah. So to get the...uh...new ending (if you want to call it that) you had to purchase the Leviathan DLC. Ooooor you could get the Wii U version years after release and without the support of saves from the first two games...so, I mean, you're really picking your poison here.

Plus there was ME2's Cerberus system, which was basically a Season Pass. EA had some fun times during the 7th generation.

Sir Codin

I don't think there ever was a time when EA wasn't worse than cancer.

pkmin3033

Hold up, I thought the ME3 Extended Ending DLC was free and didn't require anything else (I don't remember paying for it, anyway) because of the sheer outrage the ending caused amongst fans?

I still don't entirely get that. Even WITH that DLC the ending was average, and I still enjoyed myself in the games anyway so I wasn't all that bothered by it. The Citadel DLC blunted my outrage by being the most hilarious piece of nonsense I've seen in a AAA title in years, perhaps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back