• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Miku on PC? Wut? Just... how?
    You will be hitting notes with mouse if you don't have a controller?
    Generally with this type of thing, Keyboard would be used and controller would be recommended. Stepmania and the various Osu sub-modes (Osumania, in particular) are pretty good examples of similar setups, and the transition'd be a lot simpler than it might seem.

And yeah, what with the ReCore news. Glad it's coming to PC, but things really aren't looking to bright for the Xbone in general right now. Not many exclusives and the BC, while nice, as it is is horribly lacking in terms of library. I still can't play most of my 360 games (some of which are bigger name titles). Plus they'll be losing Tomb Raider as an exclusive soon and don't really have much to drive people towards it over the PS4. They're really gonna need to pick up the pace if they want to be seen at all as a viable system this generation.

Hi all I have a NDS Lite with acekard was wondering if i can play GBA games on it? (i wanted to play the hackroms on my ds)
    With an Acekard? Only if you have a Slot-2 device. Otherwise...technically. There is an emulator that runs on regular flashcarts, but if you really want to play GBA games (roms, specifically) at actually good speeds, the Supercard DSTWO with TempGBA is the way to go.

pkmin3033

Living in what is classified as EU territories, which don't exist according to the majority of video game developers/publishers, I can't believe this thread title at all. The US and Japan might see an end to some delays, but everywhere else is going to get shafted by months and months with old delays and new ones, same as always. The industry is like its own form of public transportation these days.

We might see a few games from 2015 this year, but you just know they're going to find excuses to delay other things.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Living in what is classified as EU territories, which don't exist according to the majority of video game developers/publishers, I can't believe this thread title at all. The US and Japan might see an end to some delays, but everywhere else is going to get shafted by months and months with old delays and new ones, same as always.

We might see a few games from 2015 this year, but you just know they're going to find excuses to delay other things.
    Hm...I'm not sure if I made this clear enough.

The "...?" was partially in response to ReCore and Scalebound getting delayed, kind of raising doubt as to whether the year of delays really ended with 2015. And I expect more. Wouldn't be surprised if Mighty No.9 got delayed again considering ReCore is Inafune, too.

pkmin3033

Hm...I'm not sure if I made this clear enough.

The "...?" was partially in response to ReCore and Scalebound getting delayed, kind of raising doubt as to whether the year of delays really ended with 2015. And I expect more. Wouldn't be surprised if Mighty No.9 got delayed again considering ReCore is Inafune, too.
    ReCore too? Huh, I wasn't aware of that one as well...well, so much for that.

People are just getting ridiculously excited over FFXV's apparent 2016 release at the moment - and I'll believe THAT when I have a copy in my hands, and not before - that most would say that the delays aren't going to be as prominent in 2016 as they were in 2015, regardless of what has been announced, hence why I jumped on it. Because it's probably nonsense: just because games from 2015 are finally coming out doesn't mean that games due for 2016 won't be pushed back. Nothing has changed in the industry to think otherwise.

Personally, I'd agree with you and expect more to come in the near future....and even if they don't, I fully expect to have to sit and wait for months after US release dates for games to come out over here regardless of delays. Because worldwide release dates are still impossible for most developers for various stupid, unacceptable reasons.

pkmin3033

...honestly, how stupid and greedy can you get? Sometimes companies do the most ridiculous things imaginable...I'd expect that sort of thing from Square Enix, not Sony.

That'd be a sure fire way to plunge them into unpopularity.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Smite's new cinematic is out and it is gorgeous. <3

Speaking of Smite, Amaterasu.. also voiced by KURUSTINA Christina Vee. (aka Riven, Mio, Noel, among other voiceover works)

Also, i found find a legit copy of Brave Fencer Musashi or at least try playing it through Emulation. I've had vivid dreams of playing this game to the fullest, and I never got to finish it when i had the game years ago. Currently watching someone's Longplay of it just to help me get inspired, and i got far enough to the game that most of the things I'll be seeing are already seen spoilers. Squaresoft when it was my favorite company. Good ol Squaresoft.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Speaking of Smite, Amaterasu.. also voiced by KURUSTINA Christina Vee. (aka Riven, Mio, Noel, among other voiceover works)

Also, i found find a legit copy of Brave Fencer Musashi or at least try playing it through Emulation. I've had vivid dreams of playing this game to the fullest, and I never got to finish it when i had the game years ago. Currently watching someone's Longplay of it just to help me get inspired, and i got far enough to the game that most of the things I'll be seeing are already seen spoilers. Squaresoft when it was my favorite company. Good ol Squaresoft.

Yup, she was released today! I'm excited! Raijin and Susano are in development as well! And Skadi, but she is Norse. :p

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Speaking of newly released champions, stuff about League's newest champion Jhin, the Mind of the Virtuoso also came out and I'm already pretty excited.

Then i read somewhere that Capcom is making SF5 more Esports oriented than the last game. We'll see about that and for the crowd that likes to "just jump in and sweep"

And to top it all off, here's some random images of me playing Brutal Doom
    Spoiler:

Headstomping an Imp

Spoiler:

Ripping through a crowd with a Minigun

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Whelp, looks like Danganronpa's coming to Steam, which is great news. More people definitely need to experience that game, and now there really isn't any excuse (especially since it'll be cheap as hell). Plus we just got Dragon's Dogma on Steam today and Arslan Senki (which...isn't a particularly good Warriors title, judging from the demo) and Disgaea are coming there as well. Which is pretty great considering a little over a year ago the fact that we got Hyperdimension Neptunia or Agarest was blowing minds. This is a good trend, glad it's going well. Helps that the ports have been getting better with time.

Unrelated, there are way too many things coming out from January to March. Help.

pkmin3033

Unrelated, there are way too many things coming out from January to March. Help.
    I feel your pain and share it; I'm getting between 15 and 20 games before the end of March...

...sure, I've already bought most of them, but I just know other things are going to pop up. But there will probably be a drought in Q2 or Q3 this year as well, there always is. Gaming is becoming a hobby that means you spend an awful lot of money over a short period of time, though. Staggering release dates is clearly a foreign concept to publishers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Right now probably only that new mystery dungeon game. There's a new rct game coming out in spring apparently, so I might get that if it doesn't suck.

Years
  • just gonna throw this here; My god, Genesis 3 was legendary. Mango's Fox was so amazing. The Grand Finals we all hoped for, I've never been so hyped up watching a Melee tournament until today. It's been like 7 hours since it ended and I'm still thinking about constantly.

pkmin3033

I will probably never get into PC gaming, but I have to admit every time a game I've played and enjoyed has come to Steam, I wonder what the mods for it are going to be like. I have very high expectations of Danganronpa's mods...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Sometimes I think I'm probably holding my controller wrong, but for some reason, I can't play for long on a standalone controller. My hands eventually gets sore. Easily.

Don't think I get that with a keyboard or a DS, so... either I'm holding it wrong, or I need a more comfortable controller.

Any ideas?

I'm very much a PC gamer, but for some games, I still prefer a controller. Like racing games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back