• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
Years
  • IC:"Hello Seph!"Lex said friendly and welcoming. Eevee hoped over lex and gave Charmander a welcoming hand shake and hug. Lex took a glance over to charmander who gave Agile a pepper. "So Seph whats bring you and your Charmander here?"asked Lex curious. Lex waited for an response..

OOC:Come hurry Seph Iwant to get out of here (Yes,I know Im impatient)JUST KIDDIN'

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC Np, I'm the same way.

"The same thing that brings most people to pweter city." I said, and dug in a secure pocket on the inside of my coat, and pulled out my boulderbadge. "I was thinking of going through Mt. Moon to ceurulean(sp?) city next, but I hear the gym leader there uses water pokemon, and I'm not sure charmander can handle water types. No offense buddy." I added to charmander.

OOC: this is back to the past RP, so my charmander can't have an attack that he learns in fire red, correct? Just asking.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: I'm not familliar with fire red...all I know is it's a remake of the old games, so I am gonna say just stick with the old games. Sorry to inconvenience you!

IC: Agile exploded in a fit of thundershocks when the Charmander gave it a pepper. Skye ducked under the table, and Agile threw herself into a water pitcher. The Pikachu emerged, drenched, but much happier. Agile looked at the Carmander scornfully, and hid behind Skye.

Skye stood up once more.

"Well, don't take stuff from strangers," Skye told her Pokemon, who was complaining about Charmander. She looked at Seph. "We'll probably be on our way to Cerulean City soon too. We're taking the route through Mt. Moon. I'm sure your Charmander will be fine. Besides, I'll bet you can capture some Pokemon that will be strong against water too."

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of Brock, who was walking rather sulkily down to the Poke Mart.

"I'll be at the Pokemon Center in a little while," Skye told the boys, motioning for Agile to follow her. "I'll meet you there, but there is something I need to take care of first."

WIth that, she walked briskly away, giving a friendly and apologetic wave goodbye, and rushing over to Brock, who saw her coming.

"Hey," she said to him carefully, trying to search out his emotions with her eyes. "Um...about before..."

"You don't have to say anything," he told her quickly. "That Duc kid is a good guy."

"Duc?" Skye looked at him puzzled. "You mean, me and Duc...together? He's way too young! Oh, Brock, I don't know what gave you that impression, but it's not true at all!"

Skye felt a chuckle creep out of her mouth. Agile lookied quizzled. So did Brock.

"But you said you couldn't stay..." he trailed off.

"Of course I can't," Skye told him softly. "I can't because I am going to compete in the Pokemon League. I can't just stay in one place. I'm heading to Mt. Moon hopefully soon."

"Oh," Brock said. He didn't sound too disappointed, to Skye's relief.

"But you know," Skye said thoughtfully, innately pulling at the bottom of her shirt with nervousness. "You're a great guy, and the next time I'm in the area we should get to know each other better." She blushed faintly. "Who knows what could happen then?"

Brock smiled, and Agile became suddenly very irritated. She looked from Brock to Skye and knew exactly what was going on. A thundershock ensued. Both Skye and Brock were pretty crispy.

"Maybe even Agile will change her mind," Skye added. Her smile grew bigger. She looked over at Brock, and took his hand gently. They stopped walking. "I've got to get back to the Pokemon Center to meet my traveling friends. It was great to meet you and get to talk to you. I hope we'll meet again."

Brock nodded and squeezed her hand with a smile. Skye turned to walk to the Pokemon Center. When she was nearly there, she turned to see Brock still standing there, a smile still on his face. She gave him a big wave goodbye.

On the rest of the way back to the Pokemon Center, she started to sing to herself a song she suddenly rememberred from a while ago. Where it came from she could not remember:

When I think about expressing my feelings,
    why do the words suddenly disappear?
    Even though I realize what's so precious,
    so irreplacable, I can't say it.

Search after something, open the door to your heart.
    The sky you looked up at as you were going to give in to doubts...
    Stay as you are, believe in your own strength
    Let's go in search of a new season.

I can't see you any more
    I'm going on to the next stage
    Sepia-colored days - Sayonara
    I won't forget how you gave me a big wave goodbye

Pushed by the evening winds
    the train slowly begins to move.
    Someday, let's come back again, to this place,
    to sepia-colored days, to summer...

She felt a tear escape her eye for the second time that day, but it held a different significance. It was not sad, but hopeful that someday, she might be able to meet with Brock again. Someday...but right now, she needed to focus on her training and her journey. She would have to leave it all to fate.

She pushed open the doors to the Pokemon Center, in hopes of finding her friends there once more.

OOC: Lyrics are from Sempia No Hi from CCS

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: Np, just that Charmander learns metal claw in fire red, that's why I was asking.

"Its okay, but you should know better. There aren't many people who can take these things." I said to Charmander, annd withdrew him. "I might as well stock up on some stuff to get through Mt. moon too, meet you at the route leading to it?" I asked them.

Years
  • OOC: Huh? Brock leaving too soon, Skye? I think so! Sorry if I mess anything up, but I've been planning this post for a long time! Fate has seemed to intervined already!

IC: Duc introduced himself to Seph after noticing his Charmander. The area around it was scorched a bit... "Hi there!" he said. "Sorry, I can't stay and chat. I've got to find Brock!" Pikachu on the other hand stayed behind and stared at the red peppers longingly. It always had liked red foods.

Duc just stepped outside when he saw Skye walking back to the Pok?mon Center. Brock was standing on the street, staring. "Great," he muttered. "Skye's done it this time!" Duc ran up to Brock. "Hey Brock, did Skye tell you everything?"

"Yup, and its okay." said Brock.

"Really?" asked Duc.

"Really. It's alright."

"Wow, I thought you'd get angry or something at the fact that I could beat you with Pikachu!"

"Huh?"

"Uh, isn't that what Skye talked to you about?"

Brock looked at Duc confused. "Uh... yeah. Yeah! That's what we talked about. It doesn't bother me."

"Are you sure? I thought that our battle destroyed your reputation as a gym leader!"

Brock suddenly became very aggitated. "Nah!" he said with a restrained voice.

"Well, anyways, I still have your ticket. It's a ticket for Saffron City's harbor, right?"

"Yup. I was planning to travel there later this afternoon."

"So... I suppose you want this ticket back?" Duc waved the ticket away from Brock.

"Yeah." He grabbed for the ticket, but Duc pulled his arm away.

"Hey!" said Brock. "That's my ticket!"

"I know that, but I have it!"

"As gym leader, I demand that ticket!"

"Yeah, so?! As a future Pok?mon Breeder, don't you need company to help you along your journey?"

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm saying that I'll give your ticket back only if you agree to travel with us until we do get to Saffron City. I have the feeling we're gonna need some professional help later."

Brock had a suprised look on his face. (don't know how) He thought for a long moment. "Alright, I'll go with you guys, but we're leaving this afternoon, agreed? We'll meet at the Pok?mon Center. Just don't tell anyone."

"Agreed." Duc said happily. His plan had worked out better than he had hoped for. "But what about the gym?"

"My father and my brothers and sisters can take care of that. They have since I left with Ash."

Duc held himself back as he heard the name. "Alright! See ya later this afternoon at the Center! I'll hold the ticket!" He ran back, ready to tell the group the news, reguardless of Brock's request.

While Duc was gone, Pikachu had eaten a handful of peppers and was running around frantically, trying to find some water. It saw a fountain just outside, so it ran to it and jumped in. Pikachu looked relieved.

"Pikachu, I didn't know you liked to swim!" Duc said as he approched the Center. He continued inside with a happy look on his face. He decided to let it be a suprise.

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OCC: Oh....hehehe.....very clever, Duc!!! I like it!

IC: Skye was busy talking to Agile about a strategy she was working on for the next gym. She had grabbed a pamphlet on the gym leaders, and had been thinking about what to use for a strategy.

Duc came in then, wearing a very satisfied expression. Skye glanced at him, puzzled, but didn't ask. She figured it had probably just been a good training day or something.

"I wonder where everyone else is?" she asked aloud to no one in particular. "We've got to be hitting the road soon."

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I was waiting at the route (I forget which number) leading to mt. moon, waiting for the others. I found a youngster there who as soon as he saw me, released a rattata, and challenged me to a battle. I released charmander, and as the rattata charged, immediatly got knocked back again with a scratch to the face.

"Rattata, quick attack! hit it on the nose!" The trainer said, and his rattata charged forwards again at very high speeds.

"Counter it with ember!" I said to Charmander, and as the rattata hit it on the face, biting down on it's nose, Charmander released an ember through his nostrils, right down rattata's throat!
    It must have hit a weak spot, because after a second, it let go of Charmander's face, and fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Char?" Charmander asked, going over to poke the rattata, and when it didn't move, it lifted up it's claws and shouted "Char! Charcharmander!". We both withdrew our pokemon, and as the kid ran off to the pokemon center, I said "Great work charmander, I think we might be able to take the cerulean(sp?) gym leader after all."

Years
  • OOC: Thanks!

IC: Duc walked in, trying to look natural as best he could, but he couldn't help getting his face all bright. Like Skye, Duc grabbed a pamphlet describing the next gyms. "So, Cerulean City uses water Pok?mon... Pikachu should be able to take it!" Duc said.

Pikachu jumped out of the pool and shook off all the water out of it's fur. A little cold, Pikachu hurried back inside where it was a bit warmer.

The sun was starting to come down. "He's late." Duc muttered to himself.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • OCC:Yes were moving on!

IC:Lex hurried to the pokemon center as soon as posible. He rapidly ran and then noticed Seph who was in front of a cave battling. Lex did'nt pay much attention
    because it was getting late and the group had to move on to Mt. Moon.

Lex entered the pokemon center and found Skye and Duc reading some pamphlets. "When are we moving on?"said Lex shifting into his seat with a pamphlet in hand.

OOC: :sleeping: Skye think of something we have to move on...Just kidding (again)

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Okay, you're right, Lex...we have to get going!! ^_^

IC:
    "Hey, Lex," Skye said as he sat down with her and Duc. "Now that you're back we can get moving! We need to meet Seph on the road to Mt. Moon."

Suddenly, the doors to the Pokemon Center flew open, and in came Brock, looking ready for some traveling with his hiking backpack on. Skye blushed, and looked at Duc, and suddenly something clicked.

"Duc, I know you have something to do with this! Is this what you were grinning wildly about??" she exclaimed, an uncontrollable smile creeping across her face.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Peter walked in soon after Brock, his backpack looking much more full than it did yesterday. Squirt and Capie followed in the wagon, munching on a rice cake. "Okay, we've got some supplies now so we're ready to..." Peter paused for a moment as he saw Brock. "Hey Brock, nice to see you again. Erm... you going to Mt. Moon too?"
    Brock explained, "I just thought it'd be fun to tag along for a while, get to know you all better." "Ah," Peter responded. "It'll be nice to get to know you better."

"So, is everyone ready to get going?"

Last edited:
    Years
  • "What?" Duc said to Skye. "Brock just wanted to tag along, that's all! Don't get me wrong, but I did what I did so I could learn more about you-know-who!" Skye looked very happy, so Duc sorta blushed just a bit.

He then noticed that Brock was wearing a different attire. "Hey, looking sharp!" Brock was wearing a brown coat instead of a green vest and had a bigger backpack. (From new season. If you still don't know what he looks like, go to http://www.tvtome.com/Pokemon/ It also shows everyone else in the group and their 'starter' Pok?mon)

"Yeah, it's time for a change." Brock explained. "Besides, I think it looks good!"

Pikachu was still hungry, even though it went through all of that ketchup. Brock noticed that so he reached in his backpack and got some Pok?mon food out. Pikachu was cautious at first, but once it tasted the food, it couldn't stop eating. Brock also offered Agile and the other Pok?mon some as well. "It's my special recipie." he said. "Eat as much as you like, guys. There's plenty more where that came from."

The sun was setting. "It's getting late you guys." Duc said. "We'd better go if we want to reach Cerulean City by morning." The trainers and Brock started to head out for Mt. Moon, hoping to still catch Seph waiting.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Right, let's get going!" Skye exclaimed, leading the group out of the Pokemon Center. They started off towards Mt. Moon. Seph was waiting for them, just as he had promised.

Skye looked up at the forboding mountain. She looked a little worriedly at the setting sun.

"Guys, you don't think...there's like...scary stuff around there at night?" she said softly as they made their way to the mountain base.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • IC:"Oh!Comeon Skye dont get worried!"Lex exclaimed as he shivered at a sight of a Zubat. Eevee,on Lex's hat,hid in his backpack terrified.

As the group moved on toward the cave,Lex hesitated to go in. But,managed to overcome his fear.

OOC:OK....That was the longest post I ever wrote!

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I entered first, and suprisingly, while it was dark, we could still see. "I wonder why we can see in here, there doesn't seem to be any light coming from anywhere but the door." I said to the others.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "I don't know," Skye said thoughtfully to Seph. "It's a little eerie."

She walked cautiously, as if she would step on unstable ground and fall to her doom. She shuddered. Brock came up behind her, and she shrieked.

"Whoa, it's just me," Brock said.

Skye sighed in relief, and continued on with the group. The air was moist, and Skye could feel the dampness friz out her hair. She patted it down in annoyance.

"How long do you think it will take befor we get out?"

"I think we can answer that!" an all-too-familliar voice declared. Flashlights could be seen up ahead.

"That sounds like the Team Rocket woman we ran into on our way to Viridian!" Skye exclaimed. "What are we going to do?"

"Prepare for trouble!" Cassidy cried, emerging from the darkness with Butch.

"Oh, great..." Skye moaned. "Just what we need!"

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Butch and Cassidy launch into their usual theme rhyme. About halfway through, Peter interrupts them. "Yes, yes, we get it. You're pond scum that commit crimes and exploit Pok?mon for the 'glory of Team Rocket', whatever that means. Cut to the chase and tell us what you're here for."

Years
  • OOC: Usual? Jessie and James, sure (comon, hearing it every day!) but Butch and Cassidy only used their motto in two episodes...

IC: Team Rocket emerged from the distance with flashlights in hand. Duc saw them and became very nervous from remembering their last encounter.

"We're here to finish our battle and take your Pok?mon." Butch said with a sneer.

Cassidy slapped Butch in the back of the head. "They know that, you nitwit!" she yelled angrily. "Anyway, we've been doing some research on Pikachus. That Thundershock was far stronger than a Raichu's or any other Electric Pok?mon we know, so we considered your Pok?mon worth stealing."

"We were impressed by the attack." Said Butch, rubbing his head. "We thought that the morons, Jessie, James, and that Meowth, were chasing rubbish, but now that we know what your Pok?mon are capible of, your Pok?mon now belong to us!"

With that comment, Butch sent out his Raticate. It seemed very angry from the last meeting.

Pikachu lept off of Duc's shoulder and started to charge for an attack, feeling confident from the gym. "Pikachu, wait!" Duc yelled. Pikachu ignored its trainer and sent out a Thundershock at the Raticate.

"Raticate, dodge and use Super Fang!" Butch commanded. The Raticate easily dodged the bolt and scored a direct hit on Pikachu. It landed hard and couldn't battle anymore.

Duc yelled for his partner, picking up the injured Pok?mon. "Pikachu, you shouldn't have waited for me!" he said softly. Pikachu still wanted to battle, but Duc knows that Pikachu can't battle now. He remembered that Pok?mon still can battle after they have 'fainted', but serious problems would occur to that Pok?mon, like the battle with the three Staryu.

"Anyone else dare challenge Team Rocket?" said Butch confidently. The Raticate growled at the group.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye narrowed her eyebros, and stepped foward from the group.

"I'll challenge you, and you'll be sorry!" she exclaimed. The Raticate looked at her menacingly. "Go, Ninja!!"

The Staryu popped out of its Pokeball, ready for action.

"Use your water gun attack to slow that Raticate down!" Skye exclaimed, looking fiercely at Team Rocket.

"Take that stupid Staryu down!" Cassidy laughed. "Hyper fang!"

The Raticate charged after Skye's staryu, its fur flying wildly with the water gun attack striking its body. It tried to bite into Ninja, but Skye saw it coming...

"Spin around really fast!" she cried, feeling a little panicked.

Ninja began to spin just as the Raticate made contact. In the next instant, the Staryu had flung the Raticate into a wall. It had fainted.

"That's ridiculus!" Cassidy exclaimed angrily. "Butch will get you for that!"

Skye remembered Butch's Pokemon from last time, and backed off. She withdrew Ninja and hoped someone else would take Butch on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back