• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OOC: Hmm... interesting... I wonder if bringing Brock along was such a good idea?

Just kidding! Of course it was!

IC: "Huh, wha?" Duc questioned. He was too far from the harbor now to see what was going on. He ran back, but those two were already gone. "Aw, man! What's I miss?" Thinking for a few moments, he corrected himself. "Forget it. I'd rather not know." He picked up his Pikachu.

Remembering that the gym battles would be tomorrow, Duc quickly changed mindsets. "How about we train in the cave," Duc suggested. "you know, with all the rocks and Pok?mon and stuff, it should be a good place to start." He waved to the others if they wanted to come before sleep overcame them all.

Years
    i sent all 8 pokemon out having clefairy vs geodude, jigglypuff vs diglet, squirtle vs pidgey, and zubat vs abra... all training for the battle... clefairy and jiggly were fighting ground/rock types to take hard hits and increase their strength... squirtle was practicing accuracy agaisnt pidgey's quick attack... and zubat was fighting abra to practice its confuse, leech strategy, while abra teleported to dodge the attacks and wear zubat out... all were getting ready and i knew even if my pokemon werent ready, diglet and geodude would prevent any electric attacks from working... after some trainging i went through the diglett cave suing diglet to dig through, and came out in vermillion city... i saw a snorlax and knew i had to catch it... i had all 8 pokemon attack it, with everything they had... or else snorlax would overtake them... valliantly they battled, defending eachother as the 2 ground pokemon took the hits the rest attacked, confused, and clouded its vision (literrally) with pidgey's sand attack... i used clefairy and jigglypuff t put the ogre to sleep before it could use rest... i threw a pokeball adn caught it! My first rare pokemon, and all my pokemon did it, it was as if it their their first pokemon catch too... my 9th pokemon was the strongest ever (but i didnt tell them that), my pokemon each grew a level and my abra learned confusion, its first actual attack! i was so proud i said "you all are like that snorlax... proud and powerful!" they smiled and i said the best part of training is relaxing and i returned em!

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
    ooc:Awww man! I wanted Brock to stay... to late now!

IC:Lex sat in the room feeling strong feelings for Skye because hopefully everything was all better. "Ding-Dong!"came the sound of the door. Lex turned around and in walked Skye and Brock with a smile of happiness smeared on their face. A instant wind of relife came across Lex's heart. He smiled. Lex had no worries about Skye, finally. Lex greeted them. The sun was setting with its beautiful beaming light across Lex's face.

OOC:I dont know what else to write. We should be getting ready to fight the gym leader right?...
    oh and also, Does Brock have to leave?...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: I dunno about Brock leaving.....I think that is up to Duc really, since he has the ticket to Hoenn!! ^_^ Things could be getting interesting....

IC: Skye stretched and yawned as she awoke from a good, deep sleep. Agile, who had been fast asleep on her chest, rolled into her lap as she sat up on her bed. The little Pikachu did not stir, but snored loudly.

"Agile," Skye groaned groggily. "Get up silly. We have to go battle Lt. Surge today!"

Agile rolled over lazily and opened her eyes. She sat up slowly, grumbling at Skye for disturbing her slumber.

"Pika..." she groaned.

Skye shuffled off to the bathroom to shower and change. She wore her usual attire, but hose a black long sleeved shirt instead of her normal white tee. She grabbed her things, leaving her purple bandana in her bag, and letting her hair fly freely.

"C'mon, Agile! Today's the day!" Skye exclaimed, standing at the door of the Pokemon Center. She looked back at her friends excitedly, but only spotted Lex. Brock must have left early to train or something. "You coming, Lex?"

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
    OOC:Opps thats ture I forgot he does have the ticket!

IC:"Sure, c'mon lets go!"Lex awsered confidently and ready. Lex arose for his chair. Eevee yawned tiredly as he layed half asleep on Lex's shoulder.
    Lex followed Skye out the door and o the direction of th Gym.

"Are you ready Skye!"Lex exclaimed...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I was arguing with the receptionist in the gym.

"I'm sorry, but you're going to have to unlock the gates yourself. Yes I know the pattern, but I just can't give it to you!" She kept saying.

"Charmeleon, I think you should show this kind person just WHY she should give me the pattern." I said, as charmeleon launched an ember, just slow enough for her to dodge.

"The next one won't miss, open the door. Now." I said, and she scurried off to two cans in a corner, and pressed buttons in the bottom of them.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "I'm so ready!" Skye said confidently, patting her Onix's pokeball. She grinned at Lex.

They entered the gym in time to see Seph "convince" the gym receptionist to unlock the doors for him. Skye raised her eyebrows, half-impressed by his assertiveness. She looked back at Lex, excitement crawling onto her face once more.

"Let's go cheer Seph on!" she exclaimed, and took off through the doors.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    OOC: will be offline a bit, but I will be checking back every few minutes or so, so it might be a while before I cn reply again.

I walked through the inner door, were the arena was, As the gym leader said "Congratulations, not many would be so bold to my employees(sp?). I am luteniant s-"
    "Surge, I know. I've know a lot about you, and what pokemon you use. I'm ready for a battle." I said.

"Don't get so cocky if you've got a ground type, I've taught my pokemon a few tricks to use against them." He warned, to which I replied "Don't worry, I'm not putting my only hope of winning into a type advantage."

"Heh, you got a lot of nerve kid, I like that. Tell you what, use any of your pokemon you like, if you can even beat my star pokemon with all of yours, the badge is yours." He offered. "Nomally I'd refuse, but for you to preach about being cocky, I think I need to make you learn what you teach, so I accept your offer. GO, CHARMELEON!!" I said, and in a flash, charmeleon was there again, eyes seemingly aflame with the same fire that burned in his mouth.

"Raichu, let's go!" Surge commanded, and in another flash of light, the large mouse pokemon stood there, ready for battle, with sparks flying off of its cheeks in anticipation...

Years
    i ran to the pc and had joy heal my pokes, and took out snorlax... i now had my 9th poke! if i caught another i would go in the double digits!
    i ran to the gym and saw sep batling the leader as skye and lex watched... i helped up the scared receptionist as she explained what happened... i told him all he would have to do is use an abra and read her mind, and not attack her... i gave her an empty pokeball and said she should catch a pokemon to protect herself for next time... she blushed and said thank you... i blushed and walked om... (little romance at the gym!!!!) * make brock come rememebr dont 4get t mention he is here

Years
    OOC: Wah! nobody train at Digett Cave with me?! Oh well...
    If you haven't guessed, I'm a big fan of the show, so I will go along as close as possible. This would sorta let you know what's gonna happen later...

I should write more often... I do have summer break now, after all! (cursed Pok?mon Colloseam!)

IC: After some rigorous, intense training at Diglett Cave, Duc and his Pok?mon felt ready for the gym that was ahead. This time, he and his Pikachu slept much longer than expected. By the time he woke up, the group had already left. He hurried to get ready. Hoping they were at the gym, Duc grabbed Pikachu while it was eating some Pok?pellets that Brock gave to him. He regreted for doing so since he should have learned by now never to bother Pikachu while eating. After a quick shock, Duc insisted Pikachu to go and it finally gave in. He ran out the door.

Pikachu pointed out something from the outside. The windows from the gym's stadium seemed to be taped over. "Wonder why that's there..." Duc muttered to Pikachu. It was equally questioned.

Duc along with his Pikachu entered the gym, finding the receptionist at the front desk. "Hi, have you seen my buddies around here?" Duc asked. "One's a girl, another a boy with white hair--" The receptionist panicked at the mention of white hair and blurted out some random words and walked away from the desk. I guess they're here he thought. Before he could reach the stadium, two heavy looking doors blocked the way. He knocked on them, but there was no response. A nearby trainer told him that he has to find the electronic switches to unlock them. Duc looked around and saw that there were multiple trash cans in the place. "Switches?" Duc was confused as why a gym leader would do such a thing.

Pikachu's ears twitched and jumped off Duc's shoulder. It scanned the area for a while and ran to one of the trash cans. It pulled out a controller and pressed the big red button on it. The doors clicked. Pikachu quickly did the same with the second controller. The doors finally gave way. "Oh yeah. Since you're so in tune with electricity, you could find the electric switches with no sweat. Good job, Pikachu!" Duc said as he rubbed behind Pikachu's ears. Pikachu gladdly accepted the massage. Both walked in the stadium to find that Seph already battling the gym leader, Lutenant Surge.

Duc greeted everyone as he took his seat in the stadium. "Sorry I'm late! It's just I stayed up way too late with my Pok?mon training." he said.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: Well, if you're playing Pokemon Collussseum, I suppose you have an excuse! ;)

IC: "Hey, Duc!" Skye called, but quietly enough so that Seph would not loose his consentration. "Glad you could join us!"

She smirked, but not unkindly, at him and Pikachu. Agile ran over to Pikachu, exciteed for the match, and they conversed lightly. Skye smiled at them.

"So..." she said, feeling a little uncomfortable with what she was going to ask. "Have you seen Brock this morning?"

Years
    OOC: Ooh! Nice, new banner there, Skye!

IC: "Sorry, Skye. I haven't seen him this morning yet." Duc said, realizing that Brock was nowhere to be seen with the group. He was sure that he'd be there. Wonder what's holding him up... he thought.

The tape on the windows formed 'X' on the stadium floor with its shadow. It almost seemed like the floor had tiles, but tiles are definately not fighting surfaces.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: Thanks! Isn't the banner wonderful? StarlightUmbreon made it!

IC:
    "Oh," She said quietly, wondering where Brock was. Had he managed to leave already? She pushed the thought from her mind, and looked back to where Seph was.

Boy, did Lt. Surge look tough!

"Go get 'em, Seph!" she cheered. "You can do it!"

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    "Thunderbolt!"
    "Flamethrower!"
    The two pokemon launched their attacks, and the energies met in mid air, blasting off of each other.
    "Thunderpunch, now!" Surge commanded, to which I responded "Fire punch!"
    The two pokemon launched themselves at each other, and both struck the other simultaniousley. The electricity sent Charmeleon flying backwards, but raichu had to stop and roll on the ground some before it was able to exstinguish itself.
    "Mega kick!" Surge yelled, and once again, I commanded charmeleon. "Counter it!"
    The massive blow struke charmeleon on the head, and I knew it was over. But before he fell, he found the energy to finish his counterattack, grabbing raichu's leg, and spinning around at a speed so fast that they both blurred, then letting go, and falling to the floor.

Raichu hit the wall of the Gym with massive force, almost doing it in as well, but it stood up again, ready to fight.

"Time to take a chance." I muttered to myelf, reaching for my newest pokeball...

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
    OOC: getting lots of compliments huh? it is preety cool though!(Im in need for something in my sig!)

IC:Lex sat on the chair intruiged at Seph's battling style (Has he even started?).

Duc walked in from behind him "Hi Duc!"Lex greeted. Lex looked around he noticed something was missing. "Oh its Brock!"Lex thought. He turned his attention to Skye and asked... "Skye I have'nt seen Brock all day long... Where is he?"Lex waited for a response....

OOC:Where is he anywayz...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    OOC: check my new Card in the sig, nifty eh?

"Go, DUGTIO!" I commanded, and in a flash, they appeared, arguing, for a change of pace. They didn't even notice raichu walking up to them, and when it slapped one on the back of the head out of curiosity, all the specific diglett did was scratch the back of his head, as though he was itchy.

"Seismic toss!" The gym leader commanded, and raichu tossed that one diglett to the other end of the room, which had an undesireable effect. The other two digletts turned on raichu, having lost their friend to argue with, and were VERY angry about it...

The one he had tossed jumped on Raichu's head before it could do anything, and began slaping away at it, and when it tried to get it off, the other two rushed in, and soon raichu had dissapeared in a cloud of dust and slapping noises.

When the dust finally cleared, Raichu was lying there, unconscious, then end of it's tail stuffed in it's mouth. "Raichu is unable to battle, and thanks to our agreement, you owe me the Thunderbadge." (it is thunderbadge right?)

Reluctantly, he handed me the badge, and mumbled something about not being fast enough for his "special tricks". I went over to where the others were, and sat down, tired from the battle, short as it was.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: very nice Card, Shineyelectrode! Me likes!

IC: Skye answered Lex's question about Brock with a shrug. Agile looked at her strangely, as if the Pokemon had expected Skye to care a little more about his whereabouts.

"Seph," Skye cried, asfter his battle was won. "Fantastic job!"

She beamed at him, happy for his success.

"I wonder who will be going next?" she asked quietly, looking at her group of frends.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
    OOC: Where do u get those anywayz....

IC: "I'll battle now!" Lex responded confidently. Lex stepped up to the battle field And took his pokeball in hand. "Are you ready lutenant?" Lex exclaimed with the familiar phrase. "Raichu Go!? He responded. "Growlith go!? Lex followed with the phrase. Growlithe appeared giving Raichu a treacherous growl. "Growlith Bite!? Lex commanded!

The Growlithe jumped towards Raichu barely nipping him But he managed to dodge it with its agility.

"Thunder shock!? commanded the gym leader. A yellow bolt came towards Growlithe, and got a clean shot at its target. Lex was realizing what a tough opponent this was.

Growlithe got up, not yet in critical condition though. ?Ember Now!? Lex ordered. Fierce flames emerged from the Growlithe?s mouth. Once again Raichu was able to evade the flames coming towards him and hit Growlithe with a tackle dead on. Growlithe fainted. ?Return! You did a great job Growlithe?Lex awarded.

?Geodude Go!? Lex called. The rock like pokemon appeared from within the poke ball. Without Lex?s command Geodude went straightforward with a tackle towards Raichu. Raichu was untouched and was able to parry the blow. Then a idea came to mind? ?Geodude use Sandattack and hit raichu with Rockthrow!? Lex spat out. Geodude kicked Sand up towards Raichu till he wasn?t able to see. Geodude banged the floor and an abundance of boulders and rocks covered Raichu completely. Lex waited impatiently to see if Raichu who was now under the rocks would appear from within them. But nothing came?Raichu was finished!

?Come Back Raichu! You did a good job!? Lex?s opponent said.

Lex jumped up in the air happily and hugged Geodude. ?We did it! Yes we WON!? Lex yelled excitedly.

Lutenant Surge walked over to Lex and handed the badge over. Lex held it up as it glistened and smiled.

He walked back to the group with a smirk as Eevee walked around him pouncing blissfully. He sat on the chair and gazed at his badge. ?Who?s up next ? Lex asked the group?

OOC: Does?nt Lutenant have a voltorb too?

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "Awesome job, Lex!" Skye exclaimed, giving him a high five. She walked towards Lt. Surge, who was busy healing his Raichu. "I'll go next!"

"I've never seen so many kids at once!" Lt. Surge laughed. Raichu was now fully healed. "Alright then, missy! Go Raichu!"

Raichu faced her, ready as ever to battle. Skye smiled, and pulled out her secret weapon.

"Go, Igneous!" she cried. The massive rock-snake filled the arena, looking menacingly at Raichu.

"Okay, Raichu, don't show any mercy! We know how to beat rock types, don't we?!" Lt. Surge exclaimed, a grin spreading across his face. "Use Agility!"

"Bind it, Igneous!" Skye exclaimed excitedly.

Onix's first attack missed as Riachu ran all around the rock Pokemon, confusing it. Igneous roared in frustration and impatience. It smashed its tail into the ground angrily, barely missing Raichu.

"Use rock throw!" Skye told her Onix.

Igneous pounded the ground once more, sending chunks of rocks flying everywhere. Since it hadn't been trained much, the rocks were not aimed well at its target, and Raichu was still as eager as ever to battle, though a little weakened.

"Raichu, use you swift attack!" Lt. Surge commanded.

Raichu raced around the Onix, hitting it on all sides with its very quick swift attack. Onix roared again, so loud that Skye had to cover her ears. She looked up at Igneous. It had weakened Raichu enough...and it was too frustrated and out of control.

"Good job, Igneous! Come back!" she hollered,a nd the Onix disappeared back in its pokeball without a fuss. Skye looked determined as she chose her next pokeball. "Go, Sticky!"

The Butterfree emerged from its pokeball refreshed and ready to fight.

"Sticky, use poisonpowder!" Skye exclaimed, hoping her strategy would work.

The powder hit Raichu square on, poisoning it. She saw Lt. Surge flinch. Raichu shot a powerful thunderbolt at Sticky, severely weakening it.

"Hang in there, Sticky!" Skye excalimed in encouragement. "Use confusion!"

"Freeee!!!" the Butterfree exclaimed, sending powerful psychic waves at Raichu, who took the hit dead on and became confused.

"Raichu, use thunderbolt to finish it off!" Lt. Surge cried.

Raichu turned around and around in circles, utterly confused. It fell on the ground because it was so dizzy. Skye saw her chance.

"Confusion again, Sticky!" she said.

Sticky shot more psychic waves at Raichu, finally defeating it.

"Great battle," Lt. Surge said, offering her a powerful handshake. She smiled up at him. He put the thunderbadge in her palm. "You deserve it. Good luck on your journey."

"Thank you, sir!" Skye exclaimed happily, and then ran to Sticky. She swung the bug Pokemon around and around happily in her arms, in a sort of celebration dance. "Awesome job, Sticky! Igneous, come on out! You did great too!"

The Onix came out of its pokeball and wrapped itself around Skye gently. She kissed his rocky head lovingly.

And then, she looked to the doors of the arena.

There stood Brock!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back