• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bad Egg?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    not true all the time, I heard of this happening to alot of people. Ever heard of messed up game can mess up your system? Thats how I see it
    Using cheating devices such as AR/CC/GS can screw up the system, but if you only have the resultant of the cheat, it only affects the cartridge and the game involved.
    are you sure you can tell something you may not know? my cousin, i and my parents and his gf thinks that it is thanks to the bad egg, i am not saying you do not know, but if you say somthing that you do not know and it sounds cool to lots of people they'd beat you all the time, i am still not 100% aggreeing with you, just 25%. only because that can happen aswell, aswell as the bad egg affection.

Quote from the Nintendo website:
    Nintendo said:
    What are the Effects of the Bad Egg?
    Depends what you have done with one. If you've left it in the PC Box, it won't be a hinderance of any sort. Catch more and store them in different boxes, and they will multiply (although this is disputed). Try to hatch one, and your game will freeze. Also, as per usual for a Pokemon glitch, your Hall of Fame will become corrupted.

Although these appear to be benign, standard mess-ups, they shouldn't be taken so lightly. Eventually, if you continue to play around with these Error-Handlers, your save file will become corrupted, thus rendering your hard work useless, and forcing you to start a new game.

Another disputed, more serious effect from the Bad Eggs is complete corruption of game code. Therefore, after your save file has been ruined, you might have meddled with the game permanently.

It can affect your save file and the cart in question, but no mention of the console.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    What are the Effects of the Bad Egg?
    Depends what you have done with one. If you've left it in the PC Box, it won't be a hinderance of any sort. Catch more and store them in different boxes, and they will multiply (although this is disputed). Try to hatch one, and your game will freeze. Also, as per usual for a Pokemon glitch, your Hall of Fame will become corrupted.

Although these appear to be benign, standard mess-ups, they shouldn't be taken so lightly. Eventually, if you continue to play around with these Error-Handlers, your save file will become corrupted, thus rendering your hard work useless, and forcing you to start a new game.

Another disputed, more serious effect from the Bad Eggs is complete corruption of game code. Therefore, after your save file has been ruined, you might have meddled with the game permanently.

Yea that can be one effect, did you check more resources I'm not saying that your wrong but this could happen, I'm sticking to my word

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yea that can be one effect, did you check more resources I'm not saying that your wrong but this could happen, I'm sticking to my word

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

*sigh*..... you just won't give up will you? That's the word directly from Nintendo themselves and the effects of the bad egg on your game. They made the game and the consoles and they have had NO problems with console damage caused by cheating devices.

Sparks

MasatoxSatoshi Shipper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    Flavaquil is right people. Bad Eggs in no way damage your system. I repeat: Bad Eggs in no way damage your system. You've got quotes from a number of people and from Nintendo themselves, so anything you heard about the bad eggs damaging the console is a lie.

End. Of. Story.

Back