• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bad Egg?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    Does the bad egg ever hatch? My friend traded me a bad egg, and ive been walking around trying to hatch it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think you can hatch it, it's just something useless. If a cheating device was used, the egg can cause something harmful. It may freeze your game, and possibly contain a file corruption. Bad eggs are created from a glitch of which occurs usually as a result of Cheat Cartridge usage. I recommand you leave that egg in your PC Box and not touch it, it can cause threats to your game. Also, if your save file gets corrupted, you may have risked the chance in meddling with the game permanently. I don't know if there's anything positive in having this egg, only have known of the negatives.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • no but there is a rumor saying if it did hatch, it will hatch into a rare Pokemon like a legendary. You friend used a cheat code which enabled the bad egg

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • You get bad eggs by hacking and I hatched one after a long walk in Ruby and it when it was about to hacth, it just turned to a black screen. The background music was still going too. XD I just turned off my game and it was safe. You can't hatch nor release the useless little buggers so they just take up space...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    it will never hatch, the only few things it will do is:

make you lose something like pokemon, your money, pokeballs and MASTERBALL(S) at the worst, prety much anything

corrupt your save game/pretty much freeze your game, which means never lets you play your game and it will never work

could ruin your whole DS/SP/GBA whatever you play with your game, it could stuff the whole system, so i recommend abandoning that egg, not even putting it in your PC, because it could empty your entire PC and maybe you couldnt even touch your PC

there are many many more bad things just ONE bag egg can affect you and your system. so i'd straight away release that thing before it could ruin your entire GBA/SP/DS whatever you have. my advice is the thing i would do as soon as i figure out i have a bad egg, just get rid of the bad egg. a bit like a rotten moldy egg in real life, you'd despose it straight away, well atleast I would D:

once again, that is my advice and i recomend everyone who has a bad egg to abandon it

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • could ruin your whole DS/SP/GBA whatever you play with your game, it could stuff the whole system, so i recommend abandoning that egg, not even putting it in your PC, because it could empty your entire PC and maybe you couldnt even touch your PC

are you serious? that stupid egg can mess up your GBA and DS? That is stupid, I have a bad egg and I'm going to throw out my egg (forgot cant do) damn what am I suppose to do?????

Thank god I have another Ruby version ;)

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • could ruin your whole DS/SP/GBA whatever you play with your game, it could stuff the whole system, so i recommend abandoning that egg, not even putting it in your PC, because it could empty your entire PC and maybe you couldnt even touch your PC
    Umm... you're going a bit far there. The bad egg won't be able to damage your DS/SP/GBA or whatever console you're using. The most it can do is damage your game save file, either corrupting it or affect gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Umm... you're going a bit far there. The bad egg won't be able to damage your DS/SP/GBA or whatever console you're using. The most it can do is damage your game save file, either corrupting it or affect gameplay.

no, way worse than that, my cousin, he has 16 shinies and they're his only lvl 100s, kinda lucky him, anyway, he has a GF that likes pokemon also, and she has a saphire and had like 13 bad eggs, she traded 11 of them to her cousin to trade to noobs that are only new to it, pretty mean really, but thats my cousin for ya, anyway so she had 2 bad eggs, she put 1 in her pc, went out, then she headed to the elite for and ganked the whole E4, then she flew to vermilion city and swam there to island 6 to undo the ouzzle to unlock the unowns in the sevvi islands, so when she was in town she went into her PC and all the thing did was crash, it still worked, but whenever she went into the PC it crashed, so like a week later she couldnt even play her DS, and her DS game that was in there as well as pokemon (nintendogs) didnt work, een on a new DS system, ofcourse her pokemon game didnt work, so all taht for nothing, hey? thats why if i get a bad egg i'd do 2 things:

put it in my PC really quickly then release it, i recommend not doing this because even if you do release it it could stuff up your PC anyway at all.

the best thing to do is just trade it to someone else trade your pokemon or whatever you wanna keep to someone else then restart your save game file. trust me, not even i know all the freakin horrors this bad egg can cause

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    like a week later she couldnt even play her DS, and her DS game that was in there as well as pokemon (nintendogs) didnt work, een on a new DS system, ofcourse her pokemon game didnt work

MEH! that sound highly improbable, im not calling you a liar or anything, but an egg destroying a ds/sp/gba sounds unlikely, but anything can happen, so thanks for the warning...lol...(trades bad egg to kid across the street)...

Last edited:

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • put it in my PC really quickly then release it, i recommend not doing this because even if you do release it it could stuff up your PC anyway at all.

you cant release an egg, I've tried before and very dissipointed by the results

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • no, way worse than that, my cousin, he has 16 shinies and they're his only lvl 100s, kinda lucky him, anyway, he has a GF that likes pokemon also, and she has a saphire and had like 13 bad eggs, she traded 11 of them to her cousin to trade to noobs that are only new to it, pretty mean really, but thats my cousin for ya, anyway so she had 2 bad eggs, she put 1 in her pc, went out, then she headed to the elite for and ganked the whole E4, then she flew to vermilion city and swam there to island 6 to undo the ouzzle to unlock the unowns in the sevvi islands, so when she was in town she went into her PC and all the thing did was crash, it still worked, but whenever she went into the PC it crashed, so like a week later she couldnt even play her DS, and her DS game that was in there as well as pokemon (nintendogs) didnt work, een on a new DS system, ofcourse her pokemon game didnt work, so all taht for nothing, hey? thats why if i get a bad egg i'd do 2 things:

Did I say a little? I should now say way too far. No, the bad egg CANNOT affect your handheld console. How that happened to your cousin may be the result of a chain of different events, but the bad egg itself cannot destroy/maim your console or games associated in the console as in the case with the DS.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Did I say a little? I should now say way too far. No, the bad egg CANNOT affect your handheld console. How that happened to your cousin may be the result of a chain of different events, but the bad egg itself cannot destroy/maim your console or games associated in the console as in the case with the DS.

hmm, i guess you're right, but my cousin has alot of knowledge of pokemon, and how it runs, but all im saying is that the bad egg can affect your game atleast, but my cousin's GF got her nintendogs game stuffed too, as i said. so i think it can affect your DS game, ATLEASt ur pokemon game, im like 90% sure that it also affects your DS game :P

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • hmm, i guess you're right, but my cousin has alot of knowledge of pokemon, and how it runs, but all im saying is that the bad egg can affect your game atleast, but my cousin's GF got her nintendogs game stuffed too, as i said. so i think it can affect your DS game, ATLEASt ur pokemon game, im like 90% sure that it also affects your DS game :P

There is no way the data from one game separate in the GBA slot of the DS can reach the DS slot game unless the games could link (E.g. 3rd gen connectivity to 4th gen). Nintendogs works completely different to 3rd gen Pokemon games and will have no effect caused by a bad egg in a Pokemon game.

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Did I say a little? I should now say way too far. No, the bad egg CANNOT affect your handheld console. How that happened to your cousin may be the result of a chain of different events, but the bad egg itself cannot destroy/maim your console or games associated in the console as in the case with the DS.

not true all the time, I heard of this happening to alot of people. Ever heard of messed up game can mess up your system? Thats how I see it

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    There is no way the data from one game separate in the GBA slot of the DS can reach the DS slot game unless the games could link (E.g. 3rd gen connectivity to 4th gen). Nintendogs works completely different to 3rd gen Pokemon games and will have no effect caused by a bad egg in a Pokemon game.

are you sure you can tell something you may not know? my cousin, i and my parents and his gf thinks that it is thanks to the bad egg, i am not saying you do not know, but if you say somthing that you do not know and it sounds cool to lots of people they'd beat you all the time, i am still not 100% aggreeing with you, just 25%. only because that can happen aswell, aswell as the bad egg affection.

Back