• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Lol, retard! =\

You put a bunch of crappy pictures together. Shut up you gay ass.
    Whine about ACTUAL pictures with ACTUAL problems with zooming in or other crap that you try to "prove" that PBR and DP have bad graphics. If a game has **** graphics, the gameplay is all that matters.

Shut up, stop whining, and stop trying to act all like a tough guy.

Something bad is going to happen to you, by the moderators...

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Lol, retard! =\

You put a bunch of crappy pictures together. Shut up you gay ass.
    Whine about ACTUAL pictures with ACTUAL problems with zooming in or other crap that you try to "prove" that PBR and DP have bad graphics. If a game has **** graphics, the gameplay is all that matters.

:laugh:
    You are ridiculous.
    Can´t you at least try to act like a civilized person?

I think someone needs a doctor, and some tranquilizers too.

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    Lol, retard! =\
    Yeah, real nice thing to say, tough guy

If a game has **** graphics, the gameplay is all that matters.
    That's someone's opinion.

Same thing could be said to some other people.

A person's opinion about a game shouldn't lead anyone to such heated arguments. Simply accept the fact that some people like graphics, and some people like gameplay, and discuss maturely what could be done, what doesn't need to be done, what could be improved, etc. Discussions like these boil down to your own personal opinion, which you should definitely share, but not try to force onto anyone else.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Discussions like these boil down to your own personal opinion, which you should definitely share, but not try to force onto anyone else.

If you'd notice, this guy keeps yakking on and ON about how they could've made graphics better.
    Then when we state our opinion, he shoves down our throats his opinion of "LOL the grafiks suk on dis game!1"

And Acrof, watch this video, and before you watch it, hit the Normal Size button next to the full screen button. Then talk about the graphics. =\

If the game has a narrator that speaks every Pokemons name and announces death, switches and entrys, plus the game has to contain all the attack animations, plus all the Pokemon models and arenas models, plus mathmatical info, stat info, AR/GS detecting system and everything else, its almost 100% assursed the graphics aren't perfect because GF used so much information and data to start.

And have you, may I ask, seen the game on your own personal living room TV? Or have you watched Youtube videos?

I saw it at my friends house, and the graphics are equal (if not better) than previous Pokemon console graphics.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Some people think that are smarter than others, you are one of those.
    First of all, my computer is old and can´t do much more to help, second I don´t have much time to waste to make this game. So if you think that my game sucks that much, Why don´t you give us the pleasure to show a game made by you?:badsmile:
    At least I tried with what I´ve got here in my home.
    Who are you to say what I think of myself? Not that I care what you think about me because other than that I disagree with you, you know absolutely nothing about me. And even a crappy computer can be used to make a good Pokémon game with RPGMaker. I have a friend here in PC who made fully functional Pokémon systems (including EVs, IVs, breeding, natures etc.) with a computer that overheated from practically any program after around 30 minutes so your computer does not justify as an excuse. Also, you can expect a game from me within the next year. As soon as I finish learning RGSS I will start making a game, but unlike you, I'll start with a game that is possible to complete with my skill level. You don't seem to experienced with RGSS so maybe you should start with something simple? Not that it concerns me in any way.
    ]
    I just HATE when they put outdated graphics in a new game, Would you like to see Diamond and Pearl with Gold/Silver graphics???

*PS:Actualy the original japanese Pokemon Stadium IS a 10 year old game. (the one wich came before Stadium 2 and 3)
    Actually, I wouldn't mind as long as the gameplay was the same. Oh, and with G/S/C graphics, the battle background wouldn't look like that so your screenshot fails.
    Sooner = worst game IMO.
    And I know that this game isn´t in Nintendo 64 graphics, but to include N64 3D models in a Wii game is ridiculous... Wake up Nintendo!
    Really???????
    OK, no money + ancient computer + lack of time = not that good graphics:

Don´t forget that my game IS NOT FINISHED,AND SO IS THE BATTLE SYSTEM, Ok? Stupidies-Kun.
    And to tell me that I´m not a good judge of graphics, first ALL OF YOU should play at least 10 games in 10 different systems. Hehehe, you see, I´m a gamer, and by being so I DON´T PLAY ONLY POKÉMON, and I know when a game is good or not for it´s standards.
    Sounds to me like you want super-realistic models for Pokémon. But guess what, Einstein? Pokémon isn't reality. They're supposed to look cartoony and realistic textures would be just ew... of course that doesn't stop Nintendo from changing the models, but why change good models? It would just be a waste of time and money. Also, do you have any idea how much space the attack graphics take? Would you like it if the models were pohto-realistic, but in exchange there would be no attack animations? I don't think so. =\ If you want realism, go play games that are meant to be realistic.

As for your comment about the screenshot: why post a screenshot of an unedited battle system if you're going to edit it? That's just pointless. ._. Also, don't you find it ironic that you posted an edited D/P screenshot with low-resolution, limited pallet Pokémon sprites, but your own game has just as big resolution/colour differences? It's also ironic how you claim to be so darn good at judging games, but post a default RPGMaker system 'Pokémon game' and apparently think it's good?

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Uhg, these bad graphics are a real disappointment.

How specific. May I ask you to state your reason and thoughts of WHY the graphics are bad? Or did you forget to put the "Postcount +1" mark at the end of your post?

By the way, Smarties-Kun, you just owned Acrof. =D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Sounds to me like you want super-realistic models for Pokémon. But guess what, Einstein? Pokémon isn't reality. They're supposed to look cartoony and realistic textures would be just ew... of course that doesn't stop Nintendo from changing the models, but why change good models? It would just be a waste of time and money. Also, do you have any idea how much space the attack graphics take? Would you like it if the models were pohto-realistic, but in exchange there would be no attack animations? I don't think so. =\ If you want realism, go play games that are meant to be realistic.

If they want cartoony Pokémon why not make them cartoony. I have seen a lot of games, with cartoony 2D characters i 3D games, like Wild Arms for instance.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I suppose GF could go the cel-shaded route. It's a thought anyway.

On topic, don't forget that all you've seen so far are previews, and not the full game as such yet. Don't judge until you have played a copy.

(PS You've got plenty of time to save up, so don't worry about the cost)

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Toothache said:
    U-huh. I personally think that'd look better, but in my opinion, it's the gameplay that counts in the end.

pokefiend07

Snorlax Lover
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2007
    May be true, but I still find it to be just like the other stadium games but with other upgrades. It looks worth, I like the graphics and the game overall from what I see.

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
    Years

On topic, don't forget that all you've seen so far are previews, and not the full game as such yet. Don't judge until you have played a copy.

(PS You've got plenty of time to save up, so don't worry about the cost)

Well actually its been released it Japan for a while.

And while this is probably the longest on going argument ever, I really find you all rather sad about arguing it.

A) Yutss just owned you's all who say "THA GRAFIX SUXX!!!!" who have probably only watched it on YouTube's crappy quality. If you read his post it showed the normal size of the video, and the graphics look way sharper.

B) This game is Nintendo's first game for the Wii. Like Xbox 360 and their crappy first footie titles, they get better progressivly once they figure out every Wii mechanic to squeeze that every detail out. We know Nintendo didnt make the most of GBA graphics, and as some people may claim, the DS graphics (which I disagree on...ish)

C) WHY THE HELL DO I EVEN CARE!? I dont even HAVE A Wii!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I know I said that I was getting out of the discussion, but really quickly:

B) This game is Nintendo's first game for the Wii.

*points at Super Paper Mario*

*points at Warioware: Smooth Moves*

*POINTS AT THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS*

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    The graphics are better than the other Pokémon games but still it's Game Cube graphics, not Wii. The Pokémon looks plastic:(

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    The graphics are better than the other Pokémon games but still it's Game Cube graphics, not Wii. The Pokémon looks plastic:(

While I have been defending the fact that Acrof beleives the graphics are "Worse" I have to agree that they do look like Plastic XD (anyone else seen Regigigas?)
    To wrap up this arguemen:

Acrof:
    The stadium graphics are for nostalgia.
    The Pokehexagon is the stupidest thing to ever complain about.
    The Pokeball disappearing is a glitch, not lazy programming.
    The graphics "Suck" only because you're watching stretched videos, not minimizing them to actual size.
    The "GSC" graphics in D/P is irrelavant to the subject, as we're talking about PBR. You can still tell it's Typhlosion and Charizard battling, also.
    You haven't yet seen them on your TV yet, have you? What if the graphics suck only because of Youtues crappy quality, your crappy computer or both? (In defense, you're probably going to say "U HAVNT CEEN T ON UR TV!!!1". And infact, I haven't. I saw it on a friends TV. He imported from Japan. =/
    And one more thing. Bad Graphics don't make a bad game (With the exception of the 300 video game. Good god.) And bad construction sures hell doesn't make a bad game either. Lack of good gameplay, text errors and severe glitches, THOSE make bad gameplay.

And now to other people:
    When has this become an Opinion thread? It looks like a rant thread to me, and Acrof is starting a flame war.
    I urge you people to stop replying, and play the freaking game, without being critical of a minor "Fault in Graphics" (Oh god) of the game.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yes, the Pokémon do look plastic, but that's not because of the quality of the graphics, it's because the lack of real textures. But what's done is done and I don't see how complaining about it will make things any better. =| And as Yutss (and IIRC, me too) already pointed out, bad graphics don't make a bad. 'Sides, the attack effects are freakin' awesome. <3

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I'll have to say Pokémon can't and won't look better than in Game Cube. Why? Because they're not real. They are supposed to be cartoonish, so nothing can be done about it, unless you want to see a real horse with fire on its back and a horn that doesn't resemble the Rapidash you used to know.

Offtopic question: The gender differences also appear in PBR?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back