• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad luck in Pokemon Games?

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
Years
  • Did you sometimes have really, but really bad luck in any Pokemon game?
    Like you found a shiny pokemon but it selfdestructed or blew you away
    Or you finally managed to get 99 wins in the battle tower only to lose to the 100th trainer.

Did anything like that happen to you?

To me, yes

On Pokemon Dungeon Red, i finally manage to get all the way down to Lugia, only for my partner to kill it and it didn't recruit it, so now i have to go through 99 floors again

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • Well, I've NEVER found a legit Shiny, except a Suicune in Japanese Gold version. I've actually NEVER gotten Pokérus legitimately, so I had to ask all my friends if any of them had it and could send it to me.

Everyone seems to be lucky with shinies and pokerus except me :(

Also I feel like it must be just me who sucks at/hates Battle Tower/Battle Frontier.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I've seen 6 shinies over gen 3 and 4, all of which have been in trainer battles :|

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • On my FireRed, there's a person in Trainer Tower...with a shiny Espeon.

I'm uber jealous. ;-;

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I'm going to break the mould, kind of, and say something that I was lucky with.. and that was a Shiny Phanpy in the Safari Zone on Ruby. I was stunned. XD

But back to unlucky, I've never beaten Palmer in the Battle Tower, out of the 4 times I've managed to reach him. I got slam dunked by a Rotom, on the 20th battle, once, defeated by the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo of a Chimecho, AND destroyed by the Substitute/Focus Punch of a Snorlax.. x.x;;

I went through 20 Ultra Balls and 50 Dusk Balls, only to catch Uxie in a Great Ball.. money wasted.. >>;;

I almost got crushed by Cynthia's Lucario, for not paying attention to the game.. XD;;

NitroZ3R0

Kanto's Hero
    Years
  • I'm going to break the mould, kind of, and say something that I was lucky with.. and that was a Shiny Phanpy in the Safari Zone on Ruby. I was stunned. XD

But back to unlucky, I've never beaten Palmer in the Battle Tower, out of the 4 times I've managed to reach him. I got slam dunked by a Rotom, on the 20th battle, once, defeated by the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo of a Chimecho, AND destroyed by the Substitute/Focus Punch of a Snorlax.. x.x;;

I went through 20 Ultra Balls and 50 Dusk Balls, only to catch Uxie in a Great Ball.. money wasted.. >>;;

I almost got crushed by Cynthia's Lucario, for not paying attention to the game.. XD;;

Thats strange, I found my first shiny in the safari zone in pokemon fire red.
    It was a shiny execute.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Thats strange, I found my first shiny in the safari zone in pokemon fire red.
    It was a shiny execute.

Ughh.. I have terrible luck catching those, in the Safari Zone.. they always tend to escape from the ball and run like crazy, far, far away from me.. XD;;

The Phanpy was actually the only shiny I got on Ruby, though; never saw any more.. o.o

Pika9

Pikachu's 9th friend
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2008
    i have trouble catching latios on emerald version i have ran around the whole region after him

i have trouble catching latios on emerald version i have ran around the whole region after it

Last edited:

Neslug

Overgrown Slug
    Years
  • I've found exactly one shiny since the Gold days, and even that was in an emulated game...

In Emerald's Battle Factory, I got outhaxed by the Horn Drills and Sheer Colds of Noland's Dewgong.

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • I decided to play Pokemon Diamond on the emulator, since I hadn't yet got the real thing.. and somehow I must've been 'lucky' and I found a Shiny Shinx.. now that really pissed me off. XD

I got so angry I decided to not catch it and I just k-oed it. :3

SuperLink said:
    Well, I've NEVER found a legit Shiny, except a Suicune in Japanese Gold version.

Wow, that's lucky! :O

Dither1

psychic psycho
    Years
  • I can never beat palmer in the battle tower and once I was going to finally defeat him but my garchomps dragon rush missed and milotic knocked me out with hydro pump

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I've played and beat Red,Blue,Gold,Silver,Crystal,Ruby,Saphire,Emerald,Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Pearl. And throughtout all of these I've only seen one shiny in pearl in the safari zone and it fled. (It was a marill by the way)

Years
  • Bad luck? Well currently I'm hatching Zubat eggs in Pearl (Gonna have Brave Bird^^) and none of them are Adamant yet --; And I met two Chanseys earlier (just catching them for fun ) when I accidentally chose "Run". The same thing happened to a Heracross after much Honey slatherings... And I want to have that Heracross too. Luckily another one popped out after two more slatherings after that^^;

And also, I'm still digging like mad and still haven't found any Heart Scales yet...

Ah well, back to egg hatching then.

Years
  • Getting a certain nature IS annoying. I haven't got teh pacients for it...I never did in any sort of game. Heck breeding chocobo's in Final Fantasy VII annoyed me ;-;

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Once when I was trying to catch Giratina, I kept KOing it, or it'd struggle to death each time. Once, *exhales*, it actually was Shiny, and the same thing happened, I tried all the hypnosis' in the world, and stun spore, but alas, it wouldn't let me catch it. ****!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Well, I myself have never seen or owned a shiny :(. The red Gyarados definitely doesn't count.

Pokerus? Nope.

Never had much luck in the game, just played it for fun though :).

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • In Pokémon Silver, I found the Pink Butterfree on the Bug Catching Contest, but of course...had to a critical hit OHKO'd it. ._.

Back