• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Barry's Busting Out All Over!" Episode Discussion

Miyukii

ShweetyパイPopzz♥
    Years
    "Right you've got 10 seconds: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3..."
    "D-A-W-N!!"

Lol!! =P
    "Ow my aching head..."

This episode was teh pwnagez.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Charaxes, if the listings are correct, the next 3 episodes come out in the UK before they come out in the US (this Thursday and Friday) are the threads going to be made with the UK release and dug up again for the US release? Or are you going to wait the US release?

"(the)Tube" is slang for television. People just call it that for some reason... I myself have never heard somebody say it in real life, though. XD

I've never heard that before...it would've been hilarious if it was YouTube XD Like it would be, but it would still be funny

Please help me About English on this episode.
    I got stuck about word that i never heard before and maybe i might seen it.
    there is a part when barry ash&co on their way to pokemon center but it's turn out they have a battle.
    It's the ..... one on this dialogue.

Ash : just because you got a bunch strong pokemons doesn't mean you alway gonna win
    Barry : Huh ?
    Ash : I think it just as important to train together with your pokemon you can learn with ....... you know ? to bond with them.
    Barry : i'm not sure what you mean by bonding with them.

what's ....... ?

"I think it's just as important to train together with your Pokemon so you can learn what makes them tick"

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The thing that was nice about this episode was that Barry's voice wasn't completely terrible, like the others. It made me laugh when Barry burst out, "I watched it on the tube!" XD The only part I didn't completely enjoy about it was Fantina. She annoys me. ><

Good episode though. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3-

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Why is everyone surprised @ Barry's name? We've known that's his name since D/P came out in the states from Serebii, Marriland, etc.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Just saw this ep; pretty good stuff! Barry sounded a bit weird at first, and I think he's a bit more hyper in game. Too lazy to type comments. Rating: 10/10

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Why is everyone surprised @ Barry's name? We've known that's his name since D/P came out in the states from Serebii, Marriland, etc.

Some thought of it as Damion, others just kept it as Jun (and I know most would prefer it being one of the two).

But anyways! Though there were definitely times I wanted to slap Barry, he made me laugh. I kept waiting for him to say, "Who's got time to count!?"

But, still. Hilarious. Hopefully Barry will take Ash's advice--it would make him a greater trainer than he already is. Definitely a favorite ^^

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I love Barry and his personality. <33 They did a really good job. Glad they incorporated his impatience into it, and I love how he idolizes Paul. XD;

Barry is a terrible name though.

Years
    Its way, way too long between gym battles. Barry admires Paul's style but has not been as successful at it.

James really loves grass Pokemon, he should capture a few more. Even bad guys love animals.

Perhaps Paul's arrogance will help keep Ash grounded, but perhaps not. Ash is beginning to act over confident again. We'll have to wait and see.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Barry is Jun, right?

I hate the name they gave him, so it basically made me pass on watching the episode. xD; I'll just go watch the Japanese version. I'd love to see what they did with his character. From the preview he seemed like a neat character. :'D

Someone said he idolized Paul/Shinji? o_o That's awesome. XD

I have to go find this episode now..

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    "(the)Tube" is slang for television. People just call it that for some reason.
    Old TVs (and radios, and other gadgets) had vacuum tubes in them, that might be why people call a TV "the tube". If I had to choose a nickname for my TV, it'd be "telly". And no, I'm not English. :laugh:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Haha. This episode was a funny one.

And of course, what stuck out was when Barry said "The Tube". Of course it may mean old TVs, but YouTube comes to mind first and I was like WTF?

Oh, I should learn to play Barry's theme on my Saxophone too :D.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Haha. This episode was a funny one.

And of course, what stuck out was when Barry said "The Tube". Of course it may mean old TVs, but YouTube comes to mind first and I was like WTF?

Oh, I should learn to play Barry's theme on my Saxophone too :D.

You're crazy if you think "The Tube" means YouTube, mainly because it's always been slang for television. That, and I've never heard someone refer to You Tube as "The tube"

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    A lot of people do, lol.

I think I've FINALLY started to get used to Ash's new English voice actor. I still miss Veronica Taylor, I think it was.

Never gave my rating in my last post. I give it a 9/10.

Things I loved:
    Barry's Voice-acting
    The mention of Cacnea(brought tears to my eyes too, so much better than Carnivine)
    Nice Event Pacing

Things I didn't like:
    Barry/Jun's almost-yaoi love of Paul/Shinji
    Fantina not wanting to Battle Ash(darn...)
    TR's idea of disguise this ep. The shop thing is used way too much by them.

Years
    People are mostly used to Jun and others thought it was gonna be Damion.

That's what I meant on the name issues, yes. I'm glad you all are taking it quite well. Gives out gold stars.

To answer Jorah's question, I usually stick to the U.S. premieres, since it's a U.S. community. However, if you all want them that early because of the U.K. release, I'm not against it. If enough of you want it; otherwise, I'd just wait.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I'm gonna watch this episode once I find it. People seem to like Barry's voice acting so much... Hm...

I KNEW IT WOULD BE BARRY. So no flames from me, retarded American namers. DO'h!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    You're crazy if you think "The Tube" means YouTube, mainly because it's always been slang for television. That, and I've never heard someone refer to You Tube as "The tube"

People say "the Tube" or "Thou Tube" (LOL love that one) when they're trying to be discreet about where they've watched the episode, I've noticed :P It's not really discreet, but, it's what people say. I thought Jun meant YouTube, too XD Well, I thought it would've been funny if he meant YouTube, but I had no idea what another definition of "the tube" could mean

That's what I meant on the name issues, yes. I'm glad you all are taking it quite well. Gives out gold stars.

To answer Jorah's question, I usually stick to the U.S. premieres, since it's a U.S. community. However, if you all want them that early because of the U.K. release, I'm not against it. If enough of you want it; otherwise, I'd just wait.

Oh, OK, I'll wait then since it'll probably be only me and perhaps 2 other people who will watch it online XD

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Wow I must say this episode was epic! :D Barry made it funny, and Ash froze up when it came up to Paul discussion. ':D
    OVERALL: 10/10 :)

Back