• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Battle Frontier! Bring it on!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Hey, this thread is basicaly aobut the Battle Frontier of Johto and Sinnoh, which is a great place to test your skills; although, your pokemon do not gain any experience which is a downer.

For anyone who doesn't know what the battle frontier is - The battle Frontier is a place which has 5 or more facilities where trainers may test thier skills and improve, and may earn someting special along the way as well. There is not just one Battle Frontier that covers all of the reigons, there are up to date two. One covers the reigons of Sinnoh and Johto and one that covers Heonn. There is no current battle froniter for Kanto.

In the frontier of Johto and Sinnoh trainers must battle thier way through 5 facilities controlled by a frontier brain - (The strongest trainer in that facility) they will challenge you after a certain ammount of wins. If you defeat them you will recieve either a silver or gold commendimal print.

Yet with the Heonn battle frontier, trainers must challenge the frontier brain to earn a frontier symbol, the locations of the battke facilities are unkown to the trainer untill the trainer defeats a frontier brain in which he or she will reeal the next location for the next frontier brain.

So enough of that. What are your thoughs on the JOHTO and SINNOH frontier?

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • already know how it works i think every one else would to considering it was one tv from the pokemon TV series

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • thats ok that good your helping the better know the more you'll suceed in what ever, in our case the battle frontier

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I've already got four of the five silver prints, and just trying to defeat the battle castle brain now. :) One thing that annoyd me was that it looked like I was versing a student (he had the student overworld sprite), but it was a researcher. :S Also, most of the overworld sprites were from Platinum, but couldn't they have at least used the Heart Gold/Soul SIlver overworld sprites./rant :(

...never the less, I'm enjoying it (again), and I love using the GB Sounds in the battle tower. I loved the Crystal battle tower music! :D

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
  • I like the battle tower the best. And the points I earn go towards all the EV training/breeding items like the Power Bracer/Anklet/etc.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i love the arcade and the factory, the factory gives me ideas for new pkmn :D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • For some reason, I don't like going to the Battle Frontier... Something about it... turns me away, and I have no idea what it is.

Probably because you don't gain experience, and trust me, that sucks :s That'd make me turn away from it - battling my pants off for what? A few items? I dunno; doesn't seem worth the efforts.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I agree.

Only will do it again to get my missing Power Item (Special Defense one), and maybe a tm.

Back