• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle frontier

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    sigh here is a list of all the hax items i am aware of
    brightpowder
    focus band
    quick claw
    those r just the ones i know there may be more

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    here is the definition of the hax item clause

Hax Item Clause: Items that rely on luck to work are prohibited. (Examples: Items like King's Rock, Quick Claw, Focus Band, Scope Lens, etc. are banned)

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    basically any item that doesn't work 100% of the time like a quick claw doesn't work all the time and therefore is based on luck which make's it a hax item, a life orb for example add's a 30% boost to the talk while taking away 10% of your hp every time you attack not some of the time all the time therefore it is not a hax item.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    i guess the only other not on there is brightpowder but that is as far as i know im no expert on items

Neither am I, that's why we had a problem on Platinum League.
    I get the whole battle on skill, not luck thing, but isn't part of battling skill how you use which items?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Well, that's pretty much the point of those items. If you use them right, it can be the difference between barely winning and horribly losing.

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    just incase anyone wants to know why im closed it is that i though i was rid of all my hacks but i found that there was still some more so im out breeding and training for a new ice team

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    we understand your point of view but then your win depend's all on luck and not on true skill and therefore you get a victory out of luck which is never a true victory.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Well whatever, I just think the items are there, they're not AR stuff, why not use them. But I sorta get your point.

Have you never heard of the move Double Team/Minimize?

Imagine this. Blissey (not sure it could actually learn this though) uses Minimize 6 times due to its amazing SpD and Health and the ability to heal when it needs to.

After that, you have almost no chance to hit it, and even if you do, it'll just heal back up to full health all the while you're probably getting Seismic Tossed/Toxic-ed.

That's a move that relies on luck (although not a hax item, it's still hax). It makes the battles favor one person way too much and most people would rather remove those items/moves from play to avoid having a "dirty" battle in which one person gets crazy amounts of hax while the other person falls victim to losing due to it. Hax can sway the battle so much sometimes it's not even funny (I've had my experience with either Skythur or Shiny...whoever beat me with that single pokemon who took no damage at all during the battle)

Back