• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Battle Frontier!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • With the added features of a brand spanking new Battle Fronteir in Platinum and HGSS, we were able to battle a variety of new facicilties and Fronteir Leaders in an array of unique ways. But in general, what did you think of the expeirence? Did you find it worthwhile or a waste of time? What were your records, if any? Any exciting moments or great memories you'd like to share? Discuss everything to do with the Johto and Sinnoh Battle Frontier here!

I always found the Battle Frontier to be a little boring for me. I never like the idea that you had to battle a considerable amount of times to reach the battle frontier leader. I did like the idea of having the different methods of battling, such as Dahla's random battle style and Thorton's rental battles, but I found after a while they got a bit reptitive and boring. I also didn't like the idea of records and would have much prefered symbols like in Kanto and Hoenn (Gen III), and it would have been sweet if were able to have as similar case as our Gym Badges to keep our Frontier Symbols that we could polish and admire our hard work and extreme pawnage.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • I. LOVE. THE BATTLE ARCADE. That was my absolute favorite facility ever and I was sad when we didn't even get a Battle Frontier in B/W, much less an Arcade.

I also would've preferred Symbols over whatever they gave you. Seriously, I forget One thing I didn't like about the Frontier(s) this extends to the Battle Subway as well is the sheer amount of trolling/hax the computer does. Bring in a fully EV-trained team? DIE IN ONE HIT FROM RANDOM ONE HIT KO ATTACK THAT NEVER WOULD'VE HIT IN ANY OTHER LOCATION. Bring in a hacked Wonder Guard Spiritomb? FIRE FANG IN YOUR FACE. (never did quite get that one)

Besides all that, I really did enjoy the Frontier(s) but I suppose they're trying to phase them out, what with Battle Subway and now this World Tournament thing.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I found that the Battle Frontier was easy but very tedious so I never finished any of the facilities completely. The hax too, there was a lot and it made it even more tedious when you had to redo a certain place because you lost unfairly :c

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Even though this Battle Frontier had less facilities than last gen's I like it simply because of the Battle Factory. The Battle Arcade was also interesting because of its roulette.

Years
  • While I didn't think that this Battle Frontier was as good as Emerald's, I still found myself spending a lot of time there.

My two favorite facilities; both single and two-player, would probably be the Battle Factory and the Battle Hall- except for that stupid Shedinja I always forget about...

Years
  • I think its quite awesome,its totally not a waste of time and a place where you can test your skills offline.Afterall its a big challenge you have to finish after you beat the game :P And these shiny badges on your VS. Recorder are cool xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I found that the Battle Frontier was easy but very tedious so I never finished any of the facilities completely. The hax too, there was a lot and it made it even more tedious when you had to redo a certain place because you lost unfairly :c

Yeah, I agree. I would actually think if the facilities were spread out over the region it would make the whole experience more enjoyable; especially if it allowed us to explore new routes and new trainers to battle before you reach the facility itself.

Back