• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Yeah, cause remember Pokemon is REAL SERIOUS BUSINESS.

When you come here and try to discuss stuff about tiers and the like (which is in the competitive genre), it is quite serious. A good amount of us take pokemon seriously. :/ To each his own I guess.

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
    Brining up Seriousness
    What Do people think of Latios in the OU teir as a bigger discussion in my opinion than Garchomp.
    Of course problems Arise a Offensive Latios and a Defensive latias can together cover their backs if latias Lures a counter Then the late game sweep can go to latios.
    And you cant argue they are the same so have the same weaknesses both have awesome potential and lots of veriatey and Arguabley Latias is far more variable than Latios.
    Latios Carry's the Same offensive capabilities as Gengar But better Defenses although gengar carries many useful immunities and both are relitivley weak to Plenty of Dark Types and with Persuit played then they may find it hard to flee.
    So can anyone else see why they Latios should stay Uber if many teams already account for Latias and Gengar then Latios is already covered with these teams. anyhow I like the teirs as they are but Latios is in my opinion the Biggest Concern with them

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Um.... no. Latias is easily killed, by a lot of stuff.

Any strong SE attack will kill it (Meaning, Dark, Ghost, Ice, Dragon, etc) and those attacks are some of the most common. CBTar kills anything besides the Reflect CM set, unless it predicts the Reflect and hits with Crunch instead of Pursuit. Salamence kills it, as long as the Latias switches in on it. Yeah, lots of stuff keep it in check so no it's not a problem imo.

Ooka

Years
    Latias can also be OKO'd by U-Turn from Scizor quite easily.

But Reflect makes it a 2HKO, and if Scizor is your only counter, it can never kill the Reflect version unless you use Bug Bite or X-Scissor.

Ooka

Years
    Oh really now? Because they're the most common ones. It's honestly stupid to carry around Latias without Reflect because it'll die to everything.

Also, I wasn't talking about you in particular, so I don't know where you got that from, I was talking about Scizor killing it in general, because that's what it sounded like you were talking about.

Ooka

Years
    I think the idea of a non-reflect latias is to kill things before they kill it.

But the thing is, only Choice Specs Latias can 2HKO CBTar with Surf, so if it's anything else, like, Choice Scarf, Offensive CM, etc. it's dead, period. And even still, if you're surfing, that leaves you wide open for something like SubPetaya Empoleon to come in and set up, or even Gyara, or, well, you get the idea. Basically, Defensive CM / Recover / Dragon Pulse / Reflect or Defensive Surf / Dragon Pulse / Reflect / Recover are the only sets that will work theoretically, although you might get lucky in a battle and actually live with a non-Reflect one.

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
    Try having a team to switch to. Levitate gives way for a priority fighting type such as Hitmontop, Lucario or Infernape to come in and CC or Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave. A life orb set, since it's not being stuck into a move, and doesn't worry about bad match ups, will be carrying t-bolt, to dispense Gyarados. For scizor, it can use hidden power fire to kill scizor. If the scizor is scarfed, then you run the risk of swift death. Luckily for scarfed uturning scizors, they play the scout. This means that they make themselves apparent to you usually before you'd bring out latios. A Heatran can switch in to resist uturn and the like. The last move can be a toss up between Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam or Grass knot, all depending on what else your team needs.

Ooka

Years
    Lmao, the difference is, Latias can't switch out of a Pursuit, that's the whole point. You're trying to sound smart, however, you're doing the opposite, you're saying you'll have out your Latias, I'll bring in Tyranitar to take a Dragon Pulse or Thunderbolt or something. You'll switch out to your Hitmontop without CB Pursuit hitting you (Good luck with that), and then you'll Mach Punch me or Close Combat without me switching in a Ghost type, or even my own Reflect Latias. Haha, it's funny.

Detox

So what your saying is Reflect latias is the only type of Latias that works.

Ooka

Years
    Technically yes. Now theoretically, you could probably find a couple people with no Pursuit users on their team, or Scizor for that matter, and actually do damage to them without it, however, with it gives you a much better practical application for the Pokemon.

Back