• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beauty over all

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2015
    Have you guys ever kept a Pokemon just because of how it looks? Like, it didn't actually help with battles much, it was just...so...pretty/cool/cute?
    I tried to keep a Wyanut. Just cause I thought it was cute. And... it never did anything. Like, absolutely nothing, other than serve as a catch-my-breath-get-Pokemon-revived wall (in-game).
    It was hard, but I just couldn't let it rot away unused :(

How about you guys? Any overly cool Pokemon you just couldn't get rid of? Although, if it was actually useful, post it here too@

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
  • I've only played Red and Gold (not including the recent Y and OR). From what I can remember, every Pokemon that I've liked I actually used with the exception of Machamp. I was never into the Fighting type.

But to list a few that I liked a lot (not including starters or legendaries):

Alakazam
    Raichu
    Golem
    Gyarados
    Ampharos

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Beauty over all
    Beauty over all
    Beauty over all
    Beauty over all

I don't think you guys need any explanation...

Years
  • In my current playthrough of Alpha Sapphire, I've got an Azumarill in my party that's nothing more than my Water-type HM slave, but I decided to use it because Azumarill's one of my favorite Pokemon. I could've used dozens of different Pokemon in that role, but sometimes the way the Pokemon looks is more important than how they do in battle.

And since this seems to be asking more about the games than the series as a whole, I'm just going to bump this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you!

MOVED.

Years
  • In my playthrough of X I wanted to use a Meowstic because I find it (and Espurr) so cute, and somehow mine became quite the powerhouse in the main adventure. And then there's also Sylveon... the adorable face actually made me want to use it and I had like never used Eeveelutions in the main story of a Pokemon game before.

Then there's also Altaria in my Alpha Sapphire playthrough whose Mega enticed me to use it, because I always have to have a cute powerhouse and it certainly lived up to that.

So yeah, I've used cute Pokemon that have really become useful.

Back