• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Beedrill Trouble!

KiNGd0M

MY Ditto will eat you.
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    So I have a level 15 beedrill, and I need to get it to level 20 to fight a friend who is gonna use a Kadabra. I have beaten the game up to seeing Bill and have beaten Misty. So, how can I train my Beedrill to have a Bug attack at the highest level 20?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Beedrill is a terrible choice. It's not faster than Kadabra, and it can probably be KOd by a Super Effective Confusion. :\

Kadabra >>>>> Beedrill

On another note, there's probably nothing around Cerulean that can take out a Kadabra, apart from something really, really, really fast. Kadabra's got a whopping base 105 Speed, something that's gonna be a bit hard to surpass with not fully evolved Pokemon.

If you started off with Wartortle, use that, as it has Bite and it's 80 SpD can probably take a hit or two.

Years
  • Just hope that Twineedle gets a poison or a critical hit. But, there's another choice. If you're really patient, train a Gyarados and just Bite away. 100 SpD is enough to survive a Confusion/Psybeam right?

But if you're not willing to, just train that Beedrill or get another Pokemon.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • It probaly would of been better to of got a Butterfree but nevermind, like others said, just train in the grass or if you can, get the VS seeker & train against trainers

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    He obvilously wabts a Bedrill so just go with Twinneedle.

Optiimus

Ctrl + W ;)
    Years
  • Hmm, Beedrill is not really the best choice against a Kadabra,
    but you could just use your starter pokemon.
    Your starter pokemon Should be higher than lvl 20.
    And also, if you havent beaten Misty,
    try training your Beedrill in the Gym.
    If it knows any Grass-type moves,
    they will be super effective in the gym.

GoodLuck.

KiNGd0M

MY Ditto will eat you.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    My freind made a quick rule change, I can use one stat lowering move before we start. A pidgey used sand attack for me. He used a tail whip on me(it doesnt help him?!!?). I sent out beedrill and owned him! He twineedled and critical hit the kadabra twicce in one hit! With red hp, kadabra used confusion! He missed. One more and he was out. I won!
    Thanks for the help. I trained with the vs. seeker.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I know your win is great and all, but our "help" sort of didn't mean anything to you. :\ Pretty much all of us said "change Pokemon" and none of us said "use the VS. Seeker".

xD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Beedrill? Lame choice, a terrible fighter it is. If it's only Bug-type, then it wouldn't be a problem. If you're battling a Psychic type, train a pokemon that has resistance/immunity to it.

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • First off: Beedrill are cool. I mean, some Pokemon make no sense to have in your team, but come on! How awesome are they?
    I'd just train it into oblivion. I know that it can be a bit of pain, but seriously. It'll be worth it.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • First off: Beedrill are cool. I mean, some Pokemon make no sense to have in your team, but come on! How awesome are they?
    I'd just train it into oblivion. I know that it can be a bit of pain, but seriously. It'll be worth it.

One hit Rock throw and it's all out. Do you call that awesome?

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Can't blame... Some people aren't that used to competitive battling :P

Telling Beedrill is awesome is like believing that Unowns are Uber-Killing-Machines ;)

Rux

Apathetic.
    Years
  • Well, pretty sure you can get TM46 (Thief ) in MT. Moon (The cave you used to get to Cerulean city. Teach that to your Beedrill, or a Pidgey, or a Spearrow, or Pikachu or something. That should do you well.

Back