• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Being burned out on pokemon sucks

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
  • So burn out has set in for me and pokemon just feels to tedious to me nowadays all the pokemon don't feel appealing anymore *sigh* I need ideas to make it fun again stupid EV training is so boring and exhausting. anyone got ideas maybe I'm just to anxious for sun and moon to come out GHOST OWL!!!!!!!! sorry got excited hmmmm maybe a monotype Ghost run of alpha sapphire or something I need ideas (no nuzlokes)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • So burn out has set in for me and pokemon just feels to tedious to me nowadays all the pokemon don't feel appealing anymore *sigh* I need ideas to make it fun again stupid EV training is so boring and exhausting. anyone got ideas maybe I'm just to anxious for sun and moon to come out GHOST OWL!!!!!!!! sorry got excited hmmmm maybe a monotype Ghost run of alpha sapphire or something I need ideas (no nuzlokes)
    Monotype Ghost run sounds interesting. I haven't really been burned out in ages but I'd try doing a bunch of challenges ^_^ they definitely make the game a lot more challenging and interesting so I'd give that a try if I were you.

I don't really know much about challenges but you can always try looking in the Challenges section for some more fun ones.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Another thing to try is to simply take a break from it. Don't play Pokemon again until Sun/Moon comes out in a few weeks. Like how sometimes you need a break or vacation from work, sometimes you even need it for things that are generally just "fun" for you. Like how chocolate is really good but if you eat it all the time you'll eventually get tired of it (or even get sick).

Years
  • I used to play Pokemon obsessively and had a break for a couple of years after Black came out, I really think this break helped me because when X was released, I was super interested in the series again and have been ever since. It's different for every person but replaying Pokemon games always keeps me entertained :)

Years
  • I might be in the burned out category. I haven't actually played Pokémon in ages. Maybe about almost a year now. I have so many other games going on right now it's hard to choose, and I want to be able to play the new games with a fresh attitude and not get tired of it so soon.

Back