• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beonca or Latias?? Which do you think kissed Ash???

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopokehamtaro1

Pikachu Bombardment!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2004
    Although there's a lot of reasons for it to be Bianca, the japanese website said that it was Latias thanking Ash by kissing him.
    P.S. Don't ask me for the website...Lost it..... :(

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    girlgenius said:
    Beinca. She picked up the picture out of the apartment and latias can't draw!! It's a pokemon!!
    Regardless. Latias is very friendly with Bianca, as she had mentioned in the movie; therefore, Latias would probably feel comfortable going into Bianca's room to look at her drawings and whatnot. Plus, the expression on Latias' (in the form of Bianca) face when "she" kissed Ash definitely showed that it was Latias--because throughout the whole movie, Latias didn't ever wear Bianca's hat for one example. Anyway, I know it's already been pointed out by neopokehamtaro1, but I felt like explaining it further...^_^;

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    I think that this is pretty much what the Japanese writers intended to happen. Unlike in our movies from American culture, where every detail is spelled out, Japanese movies leave much more up to the imagination and allow you to "fill in the blanks" so to speak. It's one of the reasons I love anime.
    As for my opinion on the topic.... at first I just assumed it was Latias, but after hearing everyone's thoughts here, I think I'll go back and watch that part to see if I change my opinion!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    and because of this i still try to find some kind of difference...

my thoughts turn to latias
    1. she doesn't talk
    2. she hardly ever stops smiling around ash...if u didn't notice...at least i think so...

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Seeems kind of odd that I haven't posted much in my own thread, doesn't it? I think it was Latias because of lots of things. First, what reason does Beonca have to like Ash? Latias, however, was around Ash a lot and really liked to be around him. Remember the look on her face when Ash told her he couldn't play anymore? She was so sad. Also, as a lot of people have said, Beonca/Latias didn't talk when she gave Ash the picture. Latias must have turned into a human to give Ash a kiss and the picture and quickly changed back into her true form to join up with the Latioses in the sky.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    I konw this is lame but i actually think about this all the time, i have stayed up late nights wondering who it was...

obvoiusly kanon has never expressed any interest in satoshi during the film, but the hat and the fact that she is presenting the artwork make it an obvious indication. besides how would latias know how to kiss?

i think maybe she was acting like latias so that he wouldnt know, but that still doesnt explain her motivation for kissing him, because she doesnt seem to have any affinity for him.

gmrrmmm must contact writer and ask this question....!!! :pirate:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    yakksoho said:
    I konw this is lame but i actually think about this all the time, i have stayed up late nights wondering who it was...

obvoiusly kanon has never expressed any interest in satoshi during the film, but the hat and the fact that she is presenting the artwork make it an obvious indication. besides how would latias know how to kiss?

i think maybe she was acting like latias so that he wouldnt know, but that still doesnt explain her motivation for kissing him, because she doesnt seem to have any affinity for him.

gmrrmmm must contact writer and ask this question....!!! :pirate:

how do u think latias learned how to kiss!? she watched other people do it!! Well, i personally think it was Latias and my thoughts r
    latias did or could of:
    1.didnt talk
    2.could of taken the picture from bianca and gave it to ash
    3.could of quickly changed and left
    4.showed affection towards ash

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    latias in the sky with diamonds

I have been worrying again over the answer to this question (wow i so need a life!) and so I watched the movie again (its basically a daily ritual by now XDD) and decided that its Kanon because of her body language...the difference in the body language of Latias and Kanon is evident in the rest of the movie.

Latias moves as though she is not used to a human body (like when Satoshi says thank you to her for giving pikachuu the water, and she moves up right next to his face and walks all around him like an animal would). Also the way she runs is quite different, and the way she looks around over her shoulder when she walks about the town.

Kanon has a much more human aire to her (which she ought to since she's an human). And the girl who gave satoshi the drawing seemed to me to move more like Kanon (also the way she panted because she had run so hard).

About latias kissing, I hadn't thought about her watching other people kiss becuase to see that she would have to be in some private area (like someones house or somewhere) and it seems teh only people she is really close to are Kanon and her uncle.

Regarding the group of Latias & Latios in the sky at the end of the movie...I hadn't thought that the Latias was our Latias, just another of the species. It seemed like a little family of them.

In the beginning of the movie (although I heard that this part was cut in the English movie, but I'm not sure if that is true), in the part about the history of Latias and Latios and the Water Capital, it said that Latias and Latios called all of their friends from the heavens to come and help them protect the town. So what I thought was that Latias had called down these friends to come play in her garden becuse she was lonely for want of her brother.

Just my thoughts though!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I know for a fact that it was Bianca. Why? Because when Ash and friends were leaving, you see Bianca in her room leaving her hat and grabbing the picture she had for Ash. She probably didn't want Ash to know it was her, along with not talking. Also, why would a Pokemon kiss a human? It had to be Bianca. Plus Latias was showed flying in the sky with her brother and dad. Plus Ash was kissed by a girl before, Melody in the 2nd movie. It all adds up that it was Bianca.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2004
    totodile said:
    I think its Latias but I also think Bianca might like him why else would she draw a picture of him

This is a great point that no one else has commented on.

I haven't seen the movie myself, but judging from other posts (especially yakksoho) I think it was Kanon/Bianca.

Sakuyamon

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I bet that it was Latias that gave him the kiss! I think that Kanon made the drawing for Latias who turned into the human shape to take the pic to Ash and to kiss him! then she ran away to get her new latios pals to show Ash and co that she will be protected even if he isnt there....
    besides the only one who really loved Ash like that is Latias....
    I wish that Latias were a real human so that Ash and latias could be togheter forever!

jirachi_trainer

I drink Dr. Pepper!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen May 22, 2004
    It was latias! Bianca drew the picy, without the intensions of giving it to ash. latias liked ash, so she took the picy to give to ash!

Chiyo

heh.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    It must be Latias, it was like in a crush with Ash. After all, Beonca left to the supermarket and Latias is a copycat. You know the role :may: :may:

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2004
    Kiyumi said:
    It must be Latias, it was like in a crush with Ash. After all, Beonca left to the supermarket and Latias is a copycat. You know the role :may: :may:

And of course it has been stated in this thread that Bianca never went to the supermarket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back