• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best and worst main series games.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Sorry if this isn't the right forum. If it is, feel free to move it.

I know that we have a thread for favourite games, but that applies to both mains and spin-offs, and it doesn't provide least favourite games. So this thread is to discuss both of the main series games we like and dislike.

My favourite game? A tie between Plat and HG. I don't know why, but I just feel attached to these 2 games, largely thanks to nostalgia, but for some reason I also have more fun playing these games compared to the others, hence they are my favourite of the bunch. I don't know why, I just like them a lot.

My least favourite game? Black 2. Fuck those sequels, from hell to back. The story was mediocre, the mon diversity is not as good as many people say, it was WAY too fast paced for my liking, and it's just not my favourite. When I first picked it up all those 4 years ago, I did enjoy it the first time, but it wasn't quite as fun as all the other games I played. With all that being said, BW2 is the only video game I legidimately hate, and I will not listen to whoever tries to force me to like that turd.

I also think XY is overhated, because the only flaw I personally found to be of the game was the plot. Come on, it's only a first version game, there will bound to be problems, and it's not perfect, none of the pokegames are. I actually enjoyed it, and it is my 2nd favourite game, only behind Plat and HG.

What are your fav and least fav games?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I can't decide on the best game in the series, I'm torn between Gold/Silver/Crystal and Black/White. They both have a lot of content, the former is great when it comes to continuity, and I loved the story and the "new start" feeling of the latter.

The main games I like the least are D/P/Pt. The story felt like Gen 3, part 2, and the technical issues... well, they didn't make the games awful, but they didn't help making it good.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    For me, X and Pearl are my favourite games of the main series.
    If I had to choose the worst, it would be B/W and their sequels. For me they were the most forgettable.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Difficult choice, but I'd probably say best is Platinum and worst is Red.

The main reason behind my least favourite game being Red is purely because of how dated it is, I just find those games practically unplayable since we've had remakes and better features. Platinum is easily my favourite since it packs so much into one game, the bosses are challenging and it takes place in Sinnoh which happens to be my favourite region!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    My favourite game in the series is White 2 with my least favourite being Platinum.

White 2 had a Fun storyline and a stack of post-game content which included the PWT which had every Gym Leader up to that point (Other than Koga) in the game as well as every Champion. There was Pokestar Studios too and a wide range of Pokemon to catch. Ghetsis may well be the most evil Pokémon Villain ever and beating him is always satisfying.

My least favourite is Platinum. Cynthia was a good Champion, some of the Gym Leaders had solid characters and Cyrus was a good villain. However most of the game was very forgettable, Barry was a nothing Rival and it's the only game where I had to look up the names of the Elite Four to name any of them.

Years
    i havent played Platinum but pearl was already amazing. loved the new mons too.

least fav is red. i dont dislike it i just think the rest are better thats all :)

also CharmedGardy, its funny how you have a gen 4 avatar xD (Not saying you cant like parts of a game i just found it surprising)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Ok, this is a bit tricky. HeartGold and SoulSilver are by far the best main games (Soooooooo many cool features), but my favorite is hands down Diamond and Pearl. Plat's upgrades were pointless, but Sinnoh is the best region to date. The Gym Leaders are cool ("And, uh, so it shall be that you challenge me. But I shall win. That's what a Gym Leader does, non?" - Fantina), it had the best new Pokemon (Roserade, Gallade), and a half-decent story.

As for worst? Anything released before Emerald. WHERE ARE ALL MY COOL NON-BATTLEY THINGS...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    also CharmedGardy, its funny how you have a gen 4 avatar xD (Not saying you cant like parts of a game i just found it surprising)

Well spotted. :) Gardenia may well be my favourite Gym Leader but that not enough to save what I found such a forgettable game.

Other than Gardenia, Cynthia and Fantina (Who all appear in White 2 anyway) and a few of the Pokemon there is barely a thing I can remember about Platinum.

When I first played the PWT Tournament in Sinnoh there was a lot of 'Who's that?'. :0

Back