• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Animé Debate

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Okay, this is supposed to be a nice, logical debate.

One that follows the rules of the site and this sub-forum. There should also be no talk about dubs and subs. Please at least be reasonable with your answers.

If a thread about this has been made already, then please close this.

So debate!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Only if they give actual reasons, will they not be hunted and put down by everyone else.

Then again, their logic will fail. Plus, there's no fun without those kind of people.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • If my Avatar and Sig doesn't give it away, then my vote for the best Anime goes to Death Note. I can't help but always wonder "if this didn't happen, then...". Ever since I first saw it on Adult Swim, I've been hooked on it. There are so many epic scenes, it's not even funny. And even with a serious theme, they still manage to put humor into it between L and Misa Amane. And the main characters fight a mental battle over who can defeat the other first. In my opinion, it's a one of a kind series that will never be repeated again.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I like Death Note alot. But I wouldn't call it the best of them all. Maybe in its genre, but not overall.

Many people that would jump into the series might get confused by the logic and hate the lack of action. Which isn't a good reason at all. The only excusable reason would be the logic because of all the other great series that have little to no action.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Death note is the best anime I have seen so far in my life. If you havent seen it go watch it or u fail.
    Other animes ive seen are pokemon, yugioh, dragonball z, bleach, naruto, trigun, and D-GrayMan but death note trumps them all.

You haven't watched alot of shows then. But out of what you have seen I have to agree (Even though Pokémon is my favorite.).

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I thought the excitement from Death Note died out somewhere during or after L's death.
    The ending was great, however; the parts leading up to it just lacked that feeling from the beginning.

CODEGEASSCODEGEASSCODEGEASSCODEGEASSCODEGEASS

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • I really liked Ah! My Goddess a lot. it was greatly animated and created by kosuke and the story went well with me because I am also a college student. it was really cute at some parts of the story and I enjoyed it thoroughly.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosuke_Fujishima

I also want to nominate Ronin Warriors for one of the best retro animes out there, it was my first dub to watch, and ultimately (along with samurai pizza kats) is what got me into anime in the first place. Ill never forget ronin warriors. ^.^

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Ronin warriors was a good dub to watch, it was one of the first animes i watched, after Robotech, which was amazing back then too.

I have to nominate Mobile Suit Gundam 00, it has great characters that captivates you and sucks you into the story, set in a not too distant future. It is the most plausible Gundam series released. The drama is absolutely amazing, and no other anime series I have watched has made me so emotionally connected to the show and has almost brought me to tears.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • You can't really debate what's the best Anime, everyone has different tastes and opinions and usually the most popular ones get chosen as the "best" which isn't fair if an anime wins by popularity and not because of it's graphical context or it's plot line.

But if I have to choose..

CODEGEASSCODEGEASSCODEGEASSCODEGEASSCODEGEASS

I agree! (b'')b

Great story line, and it was on the same level as Death Note.

But people get turned off by it because of the mecha. D:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • In my humble opinion, Code Geass has been going downhill in the latter half of R2.
    Same thing can be said for Macross F, because now... well, it's a mess.

I'll vote for Noein, for the great (and changing) art style and storyline.
    Schrödinger's cat lulz.

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
  • FLCL. It accomplishes more in six episodes than most anime do in 26+. You owe it to yourself as an anime fan to watch this.

Although lol at "best anime". I'm assuming you mean "your favourite anime"?

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • FLCL. It accomplishes more in six episodes than most anime do in 26+. You owe it to yourself as an anime fan to watch this.

[Ninamori watches Canti eat curry]
    Eri Ninamori: Why is that thing eating? What is it anyway?
    Kamon Nandaba: That's just our TV.
    [Canti gets up]
    Eri Ninamori: Why is it walking?
    Kamon Nandaba: Well, uh, it must be a TV-Walkman.
    Eri Ninamori: Sony brand?

Epic.

I copied from IMDB. I don't remember the names. Actually, I don't think I really knew them. :|

Although lol at "best anime". I'm assuming you mean "your favourite anime"?

That, I agree with. ;)

I quite liked watching Bleach, but them filling a filler with another filler really got me bored. :\ Last episode I've watched was 168.

Elfen Lied and Black Lagoon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Well, my first nominee, is Bleach. I like it because of the action, comedy and slice of life genre. I like the characters and the logics they put in it. I like the way they put action and comedy together and mix it up to make a smashing funny cool Anime.

My other nominee is One Piece: Classic anime, classic fighting, funny, great storyline (no fillers yay^^) and awesome action scenes.

Music great and bad guys even cooler. Who doesn't like Pirates?

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
  • My vote for the best anime.... is a toss up between Cowboy Bebop and Ninja Scroll.

Cowboy Bebop had wonderful character design. I mean, Edward was a flawless example of masterful character creation and the concept of Ein was just original. The show also had astounding animation, especially in the fight scenes with Spike's very unique style of combat and in the movie pretty much all around. The story line and concept were both very original at the time and the whole "Space Cowboy" being a euphemism for bounty hunter kind of set the stylistic nature of the whole show. The cleverness of the universe and it's characters made me want to stay up when it was running every night to see the next one. Finally, the music. Mon dieu... the music was amazing. Jazz, jazz, jazz, jazz! It was a HUGE change from the gauntlet of mostly bad j-rock or j-pop that a lot of anime at the time had *cough*inuyasha*cough*...

Ninja Scroll is one of my choices for the one fact that it was an absolute masterpiece. It's animation was worthy of an art museum appearance at the time and the story, though short, was very original and enjoyable. It's set the basis for many anime such as Naruto and, yes, even Bleach. I mean it. Ask Kishimoto or Kubo and they will probably tell you their biggest inspirations were Dragonball and Ninja Scroll. The movie made a HUGE impact on future shonen artists.

@Revelp8: Funny you mention Ronin Warriors. I was looking for some nostalgia a week or so ago and I found the OVAs for the non-existant second series and it was pretty cool. Though there was a gigantic problem with that animator in how he tended to make his main characters all look alike... Voltron, Ronin Warriors, Saint Seiya... yeah...

Last edited:

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
  • ^ cowboy bebop is a amazing anime ( i have nothing against it) but in my opinion Gurren Lagann is the best anime

Its like if FLCL and Evangelion made a God Like child =D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^ Gurren Lagann is pretty 'eh' to me. It's alright but somethings just bug me.

Tensa Zangetsu: Bleach really is... boring. It takes forever for them to do anything, the fillers are only a bit better than Naruto, then again, Naruto's aren't good anyway, but there are some good ones. One Piece is the same as Bleach, barring fillers. The fights in both are also blah.

I haven't watched alot of Geass so I can't make a good judging.

Tsukiyomi: I was actually hoping people could be logical with their choices.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Deviruchi said:
    Not really easy for me to decide on my favourite anime ever, as I have quite a lot of favourites. But if I definately had to, it would have to be one of these:

→ Higurashi no Naku koro ni
    Like Alter Ego said on his post above, Higurashi was able to mix cutesy with seriousness in an exceptional way. It also packed a whole cast of loveable characters and a great, immersive plot. After only a couple episodes, I got completely fascinated with the mysterious and instigating plot, and I definately wasn't disappointed to know it was much more complex than all of my theories. A great cast backed up with a great story- that's what all anime needs!

→ Princess Tutu
    The only way I can describe Princess Tutu is "It's literally art". It merges animation, music and storytelling in a way that's so unique and superb I don't think I've seen any other form of media do it so well. I guess my adoration for this series comes from my fascination for both fairy tales and mahou shoujo anime, and how surprised I was to see both of them being so awesome together. It's also important to note that's one of the few anime I was actually rabid about my shippings, which shows how attached to the characters I was.

→ Dennou Coil
    Dennou Coil is one of the few anime I've seen that never disappointed- every episode was satisfying, all important characters had their personalities developed and the plot always managed to have a twist surprising enough to make me bite my nails off every week while waiting for the next one. And not only the characters were developed, as was the whole world they presented us. Superb.

Copypasted from old thread about this. My opinions stay the same.
    My runner up list is Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, CLANNAD, Simoun, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann and Kaiji.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
  • Although lol at "best anime". I'm assuming you mean "your favourite anime"?

Well... I would hope not. I didn't pick my favorite, at least. My favorite anime is, by far, Beck, but I know there are better shows.

@Deadmuffin: I haven't really seen Gurren Lagann, but I have been meaning to watch it... I'll check it out eventually.

Back